Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Embryology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME® and NBOME® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Embryology Exam.
We have 596 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 317 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Embryology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Embryology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Embryology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls embryology practice exam questions, embryology shelf assessment questions, embryology practice test questions, and embryology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Embryology Examination. 316 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Embryology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Embryology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Embryology Exam?
The Embryology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Embryology Exam?
The Embryology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Embryology Exam?
Topics include: The Embryology exam is designed to assess performance at the end of a course, clerkship, or other unit of instruction.
Embryology Exam MCQs (596)
Our question bank for the Embryology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 4 questions
- Cardiovascular - 127 questions
- Connective Tissue - 10 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 88 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 43 questions
- Eyes - 38 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 73 questions
- Genetics - 47 questions
- Genitourinary - 66 questions
- Growth and Development - 441 questions
- Gynecologic - 30 questions
- Hematologic - 10 questions
- Infectious - 20 questions
- Integument - 30 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 102 questions
- Nervous - 128 questions
- Nutrition - 7 questions
- Obstetric - 74 questions
- Oncologic - 24 questions
- Pulmonary - 24 questions
- Renal - 12 questions
- Surgery - 33 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 35 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 1 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 12 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 3 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 278 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 288 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 381 questions
- Classification - 79 questions
- Differential - 156 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 42 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 48 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 7 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 41 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 154 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 5 questions
- History Physical - 587 questions
- Pathophysiology - 506 questions
- Patient Education - 7 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 173 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 12 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 38 questions
- Clinical Education - 3 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 3 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Embryology Exam Articles (317)
Human hair serves a variety of purposes. These include physical protection, thermal insulation, dispersion of sweat and sebum, as well as sensory a ...
Connective tissue, as the name implies, is a term given to several different tissues of the body that serve to connect, support and help bind other ...
The neural crest is a collection of multipotent stem cells located at the side of the neural tube proximal to the epidermal layer after neurulation ...
The word thymus means "soul" in Greek (stemmed from the belief that it houses the soul). However, its importance has long generated debate.
The parathyroid glands are a group of endocrine glands located on the posterior thyroid. These glands are responsible for the secretion of parathyr ...
The vestibulocochlear nerve, also referred to as the eighth cranial nerve (CN XIII), is a sensory afferent nerve that transmits electrochemical imp ...
Some transient benign oral mucosal conditions are often observed in newborns. These lesions exhibit a wide range of developmental abnormalities and ...
Mullerian inhibiting factor (MIF), also called the anti-Mullerian hormone (AMH), plays a significant role in sexual differentiation. It is produced ...
The conjunctiva of the eye provides protection and lubrication of the eye by the production of mucus and tears. It prevents microbial entrance ...
A face is unique to each person and is the basis of their own identity. However, the embryological origin is the same for all humans and is similar ...
First described by Ruggero Oddi in 1887, the sphincter of Oddi (SO) is a smooth muscle valve located in the second portion of the duodenum. It serv ...
The official Terminologia Anatomica name of the appendix is "Appendix Vermiformis". The appendix, a true diverticulum arising from the posteromedia ...
The bony pelvis is held together with the support of the 3 vertebropelvic ligaments.
The aorta is the largest vessel within the human body. It originates from the left ventricle of the heart anterior to the pulmonary artery bef ...
The cerebellum is a vital component in the human brain as it plays a role in motor movement regulation and balance control. The cerebellum coordina ...
Noel T Boaz PhD, MD Professor Anatomy Lab Director Carilion Clinic CME Martinsville VA
DeLoris W Hesse PhD Associate Professor University of Georgia Athens GA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required