This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Describe the clinically significant species of mosquitoes.
- Describe the symptoms and signs of a mosquito bite.
- Summarize the treatment options for mosquito bites.
- Outline the pharmacologic therapy as it applies to Mosquito Bites
Author(s) / Contributors Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT: This activity has received NO commercial support.
- Authors: Jesus Seda
- Editors: Shawn Horrall
- Editors-In-Chief: Jason NagleDarcy Duncan
Chief Medical Reviewer: Christina Wills
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Lisa Haddad
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Bernadette Makar
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Dorothy Caputo
- Pharmacy Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Mark Pellegrini
- Physician Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Scott Dulebohn
Continuing Education Accreditation Information
This activity is jointly provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and StatPearls. AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is awarded 1.00 Contact Hours.
- StatPearls and AKH are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Access Institutions.
Medium or Media Used:
- Computer Requirements: Internet Access
- E-mail Address
Instructions for Credit
- Register for the activity and create a StatPearls login.
- Complete the entire self-study activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 100%.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- Obtain a certificate.
- If you have concerns regarding CE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call AKH 877-AKH-CME4.