Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the BCGP Exam®. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the BCGP Exam®.
We have 1,264 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 692 PubMed indexed review articles related to the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test BCGP Exam® to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric, patient-centered care, and public health questions will help you achieve a top score on the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. 721 authors and 16 editors have contributed to the development of the BCGP Exam® content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
BCGP Exam® Overview
How many hours is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 4.5 hours.
How many questions is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the BCGP Exam®?
Topics include: General Principles of Aging- 20%; Person-Centered Care - 60%; and Population and Public Health - 20%
BCGP Exam® MCQs (1,264)
Our question bank for the BCGP Exam® covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 39 questions
- Cardiovascular - 434 questions
- Connective Tissue - 18 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 26 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 229 questions
- Eyes - 35 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 180 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 109 questions
- Gynecologic - 10 questions
- Hematologic - 123 questions
- Infectious - 149 questions
- Integument - 43 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 146 questions
- Nervous - 276 questions
- Nutrition - 31 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 126 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 110 questions
- Pulmonary - 108 questions
- Renal - 151 questions
- Surgery - 52 questions
- Toxicology - 206 questions
- Trauma - 20 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 18 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 657 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 5 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 128 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 22 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 622 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 680 questions
- Classification - 72 questions
- Differential - 311 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 170 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 402 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 86 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 104 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 147 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 21 questions
- History Physical - 1308 questions
- Pathophysiology - 735 questions
- Patient Education - 43 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 832 questions
- Toxicology - 174 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1310 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 45 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 618 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 734 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 199 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 77 questions
BCGP Exam® Articles (692)
Calcium is the most abundant cation found in the human body and plays an integral role in neural transmission, enzyme activity, myocardial function ...
Ezetimibe is a dyslipidemic agent used to treat people with hyperlipidemia. It was FDA-approved in 2002. Ezetimibe is an inhibitor of intestinal ch ...
The main functions of albumin are to maintain plasma oncotic pressure via its negatively charged surface and colloidal nature, provide nutrition to ...
Mexiletine is a primary amine in the form of (1-(2', 6'-dimethylphenoxy) 2 amino propane and has close structural properties to lidocain ...
Ventricular tachycardia is characterized as a wide complex (QRS duration greater than 120 milliseconds) tachyarrhythmia at a heart rate greate ...
Indinavir is an alpha-amino acid amide protease inhibitor used as a treatment therapy for Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections, which can ...
Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) represent a class of drugs most prominently known for their use in acid-related disorders. Omeprazole, a drug belongi ...
Antiplatelet medications divide into oral and parenteral agents. Oral agents subdivide further based on the mechanism of action. Aspirin was t ...
Nutrients are chemical substances required by the body to sustain basic functions and are optimally obtained by eating a balanced diet. There are s ...
At a time when so many people are taking large amounts of supplements, niacin toxicity is something of which to be aware. Niacin, also known a ...
Ipratropium is a bronchodilator medication that works to dilate the airways of the lungs. The FDA approved indications are bronchospasms associated ...
Hypertensive urgency is a marked elevation in blood pressure without evidence of target organ damage, such as pulmonary edema, cardiac ischemi ...
Selective serotonin receptor (5-HT3) antagonists block serotonin both peripherally, on gastrointestinal (GI) vagal nerve terminals, and centrally i ...
Suicide is a major public health problem not only in the United States but also in many western nations. In the United States, it is the 10th ...
Mark V Pellegrini PharmD, DC Private Practice Charlotte NC
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required