Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the BCGP Exam®. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the BCGP Exam®.
We have 1,264 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 691 PubMed indexed review articles related to the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test BCGP Exam® to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric, patient-centered care, and public health questions will help you achieve a top score on the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. 714 authors and 17 editors have contributed to the development of the BCGP Exam® content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
BCGP Exam® Overview
How many hours is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 4.5 hours.
How many questions is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the BCGP Exam®?
Topics include: General Principles of Aging- 20%; Person-Centered Care - 60%; and Population and Public Health - 20%
BCGP Exam® MCQs (1,264)
Our question bank for the BCGP Exam® covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 39 questions
- Cardiovascular - 435 questions
- Connective Tissue - 18 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 26 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 228 questions
- Eyes - 35 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 179 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 107 questions
- Gynecologic - 10 questions
- Hematologic - 123 questions
- Infectious - 150 questions
- Integument - 43 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 148 questions
- Nervous - 275 questions
- Nutrition - 31 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 126 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 108 questions
- Pulmonary - 109 questions
- Renal - 154 questions
- Surgery - 52 questions
- Toxicology - 206 questions
- Trauma - 20 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 655 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 6 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 128 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 22 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 619 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 685 questions
- Classification - 74 questions
- Differential - 313 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 170 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 403 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 86 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 105 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 149 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 19 questions
- History Physical - 1305 questions
- Pathophysiology - 739 questions
- Patient Education - 43 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 832 questions
- Toxicology - 176 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1307 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 46 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 615 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 731 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 197 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 76 questions
BCGP Exam® Articles (691)
The mu receptors are a class of receptors that neuromodulate different physiological ...
Cryptococcosis is an important opportunistic infection that causes more than 100,000 HIV-related deaths each year. It was named the Busse-Buschke d ...
Phosphodiesterase inhibitors(PDE inhibitors) are a class of agents acting on specific phosphodiesterase enzymes in target cells and are FDA approve ...
Carbamazepine is FDA indicated for epilepsy, trigeminal neuralgia, and acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar I disorder.
Daptomycin is a cyclic lipopeptide antibiotic derived from the organism . Daptomycin is used to treat var ...
Bromocriptine is a medication currently used in the management and treatment of Type II diabetes mellitus. It is an ergot alkaloid derivative in th ...
Protamine is an FDA-approved drug for use in neutralizing the effect of unfractionated heparin.
Amoxapine is FDA approved drug belonging to the class of second-generation tricyclic dibenzoxazepine antidepressants.
Osteoporosis has a tremendous negative impact on the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of postmenopausal women. It is a chronic disease aff ...
International normalized ratio (INR) is the preferred test of choice for patients taking vitamin K antagonists (VKA). It can also be used ...
There are two PCSK9 inhibitors available in the U.S.: alirocumab and evolocumab. FDA has approved alirocumab for adult patients: ...
Beta-lactam antibiotics are one of the most commonly prescribed drug classes with numerous clinical indications. Their advent starting from the 30s ...
Bumetanide has United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for the management of various edematous conditions secondary to cardiac fa ...
Portosystemic encephalopathy, also known as hepatic encephalopathy (HE), is defined as a neuropsychiatric syndrome that can develop in patients wit ...
Clopidogrel is FDA approved for the medical management of unstable angina (UA)/non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI), ST-segment ...
Mark V Pellegrini PharmD, DC Private Practice Charlotte NC
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required