Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the BCGP Exam®. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the BCGP Exam®.
We have 1,246 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 696 PubMed indexed review articles related to the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test BCGP Exam® to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric, patient-centered care, and public health questions will help you achieve a top score on the BPS Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)®. 725 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the BCGP Exam® content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
BCGP Exam® Overview
How many hours is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 4.5 hours.
How many questions is the BCGP Exam®?
The BCGP Exam® is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the BCGP Exam®?
Topics include: General Principles of Aging- 20%; Person-Centered Care - 60%; and Population and Public Health - 20%
BCGP Exam® MCQs (1,246)
Our question bank for the BCGP Exam® covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 38 questions
- Cardiovascular - 429 questions
- Connective Tissue - 17 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 26 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 234 questions
- Eyes - 34 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 181 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 111 questions
- Gynecologic - 10 questions
- Hematologic - 120 questions
- Infectious - 149 questions
- Integument - 43 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 142 questions
- Nervous - 278 questions
- Nutrition - 31 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 126 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 115 questions
- Pulmonary - 111 questions
- Renal - 148 questions
- Surgery - 52 questions
- Toxicology - 204 questions
- Trauma - 20 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 18 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 647 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 5 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 127 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 21 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 618 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 4 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 668 questions
- Classification - 70 questions
- Differential - 318 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 167 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 399 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 87 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 100 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 141 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 21 questions
- History Physical - 1304 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 723 questions
- Patient Education - 45 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 834 questions
- Toxicology - 171 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1305 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 44 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 625 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 746 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 197 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 80 questions
BCGP Exam® Articles (696)
With the rise in awareness of neurodegenerative diseases at the end of the 20th century, novel drugs were in development in hopes of countering the ...
First-generation antihistamines have several indications that primarily include nausea and vomiting secondary to motion sickness and vertigo, but a ...
Cobalamin consists of four compounds with different biological functions, although these molecules are chemically similar. Cobalamine is ...
Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker that belongs to the dihydropyridine subclass. It is primarily used as an antihypertensive and antiangi ...
Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are a class of medications most commonly prescribed to treat depression. They are often used as fir ...
Normocalcemic primary hyperparathyroidism (nPHPT) is a new phenotype of sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism where elevated PTH is the result of au ...
Nerve agents represent a significant contributor to morbidity and mortality in toxicology and emergency medicine. Patients affected by nerve agents ...
Kinase protein family that includes MAP, RAS, RAF, MEK and ERK play an important role regulating intracellular and extracellular signaling pathways ...
About 1.5 million patients develop acute myocardial infarction per year in the United States.&nbs ...
Historically, thalidomide is best known for its introduction during the 1950s as a sedative and antiemetic marketed to women to treat pregnancy-rel ...
Etoposide, a topoisomerase II inhibitor, was first synthesized in 1966 and then approved in 1983 by the United States Food and Drug Administration ...
Daptomycin is a cyclic lipopeptide antibiotic derived from the organism . Daptomycin is used to treat var ...
is an amalgamation of psychological symptoms resulting in a loss of contact with reality. The current thinking is that a ...
Norepinephrine's predominant use is as a peripheral vasoconstrictor. Specifically, the FDA has approved its use for blood pressure control in speci ...
Mark V Pellegrini PharmD, DC Private Practice Charlotte NC
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required