Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Geriatric Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and American Board of Osteopathic Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Geriatric Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 3,258 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,026 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Geriatrics Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Geriatric Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric prep questions, geriatric review questions, and geriatric test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. 1,792 authors and 24 editors have contributed to the development of the Geriatric Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Geriatric Exam Overview
How many hours is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Geriatric Exam?
Topics include: Gerontology - 5%, Diseases in the Elderly - 45%, Geriatric Psychiatry - 8.5%, Geriatric Syndromes - 22.5%, Functional Assessment, and Rehabilitation - 3%, and Caring for Elderly Patients - 16%
Geriatric Exam MCQs (3,258)
Our question bank for the Geriatric Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 82 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1042 questions
- Connective Tissue - 72 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 106 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 397 questions
- Eyes - 108 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 571 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 228 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 33 questions
- Hematologic - 231 questions
- Infectious - 504 questions
- Integument - 203 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 407 questions
- Nervous - 788 questions
- Nutrition - 84 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 400 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 224 questions
- Pulmonary - 464 questions
- Renal - 300 questions
- Surgery - 231 questions
- Toxicology - 224 questions
- Trauma - 117 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 4 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 58 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 13 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 57 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 30 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 531 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 21 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1066 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 70 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1465 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 30 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 6 questions
- Causes - 1820 questions
- Classification - 215 questions
- Differential - 1603 questions
- Epidemiology - 87 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 909 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1138 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 285 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 13 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 575 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 903 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 75 questions
- History Physical - 3531 questions
- Legal - 26 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1963 questions
- Patient Education - 130 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1942 questions
- Toxicology - 183 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1886 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 27 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 21 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 18 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 289 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 35 questions
- Clinical Education - 24 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 501 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 464 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 185 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 45 questions
Geriatric Exam Articles (2,026)
Gemfibrozil is an FDA-approved fibric acid agent (fibrate) to manage hypertriglyceridemia (particularly in type IV and V hyperlipidemia). Diet and ...
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a retrovirus known to attack the CD4+ T lymphocytes. Of the two subtypes, HIV-1 and HIV-2, the former is ...
Charcot neuropathic osteoarthropathy is a destructive joint disorder initiated by trauma to a neuropathic extremity. It can lead to dislocations an ...
Pulseless electrical activity (PEA), also known as electromechanical dissociation, is a clinical condition characterized by unresponsiven ...
Examination of the ear is a vital skill for various medical professionals, including otolaryngologists, primary care physicians, emergency care phy ...