Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Geriatric Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and American Board of Osteopathic Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Geriatric Exam.
We have 3,818 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,157 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Geriatrics Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Geriatric Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric prep questions, geriatric review questions, and geriatric test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. 1,930 authors and 31 editors have contributed to the development of the Geriatric Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Geriatric Exam Overview
How many hours is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Geriatric Exam?
Topics include: Gerontology - 5%, Diseases in the Elderly - 45%, Geriatric Psychiatry - 8.5%, Geriatric Syndromes - 22.5%, Functional Assessment, and Rehabilitation - 3%, and Caring for Elderly Patients - 16%
Geriatric Exam MCQs (3,818)
Our question bank for the Geriatric Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 95 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1186 questions
- Connective Tissue - 70 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 120 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 410 questions
- Eyes - 135 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 638 questions
- Genetics - 9 questions
- Genitourinary - 207 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 48 questions
- Hematologic - 281 questions
- Infectious - 563 questions
- Integument - 237 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 478 questions
- Nervous - 867 questions
- Nutrition - 95 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 444 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 255 questions
- Pulmonary - 518 questions
- Renal - 325 questions
- Surgery - 278 questions
- Toxicology - 246 questions
- Trauma - 146 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 61 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 16 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 71 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 41 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 602 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 30 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1207 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 93 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1659 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 13 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 38 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 10 questions
- Causes - 2066 questions
- Classification - 244 questions
- Differential - 1803 questions
- Epidemiology - 98 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 998 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1232 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 295 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 12 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 690 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1035 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 83 questions
- History Physical - 4016 questions
- Legal - 25 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2281 questions
- Patient Education - 135 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2210 questions
- Toxicology - 208 questions
- Treatment Medical - 2071 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 32 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 27 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 19 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 351 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 44 questions
- Clinical Education - 23 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 519 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 493 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 205 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 46 questions
Geriatric Exam Articles (2,157)
Prerenal kidney failure, also known as acute renal failure (ARF), or acute kidney injury (AKI), is an extensively researched concept that has under ...
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) physical status classification system was developed to offer clinicians a simple categorization of ...
Acute diverticulitis is inflammation due to micro-perforation of a diverticulum. The diverticulum is a sac-like protrusion of the colon wall. Diver ...
The mammillary bodies are brainstem nuclei on the posteroinferior aspect of the hypothalamus. There are 2 mammillary bodies on either side of ...
Inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombosis is a disease associated with high morbidity. Although the condition is considered rare, case reports have ...
Dysphagia is defined as objective impairment or difficulty in swallowing, resulting in an abnormal delay in the transit of a liquid or solid bolus. ...
A hypertensive emergency is a life-threatening condition where ongoing target-organ damage occurs due to markedly elevated blood pressure. Pulmonar ...
Gastric atrophy (GA) and intestinal metaplasia of the gastric mucosa (GIM) are collectively known as chronic atrophic gastritis (CAG). These early ...
The airway is one of the most important components in the body to be protected regardless of why a patient is in a hospital, whether for ...
Rosiglitazone is a drug FDA approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It belongs to the family called thiazolidinediones. It is capab ...
Asthma is a wide-reaching, chronic inflammatory illness that impacts millions of people daily. It is frequently responsible for unscheduled healthc ...
Elder abuse is a common problem with complex psychosocial and medical considerations. In general, elder abuse is considered a direct action, inacti ...
Chronic pain, defined as pain lasting longer than three months, affects 100 million Americans each year. Estimates are that 5 to 8 million Ame ...
Lung cancer is a diagnosis that approximately 230,000 United States citizens will receive annually. Deaths are estimated at 135,000 patients p ...
Acalculous cholecystitis is a form of cholecystitis caused by dysfunction or hypokinesis of gallbladder emptying. The more commonly encountere ...
Rafay Latif MD Assistant Professor Attending Physician Columbia University / Jacobi Med Center American Geriatric Society New Hyde Park NY
Lynn M Wilson DO, FACOFP, FAAFP Practicing Physician Attending Lehigh Valley Health System, USF CAQ in Geriatrics through ABFM/ABIM Allentown PA
Priya Mendiratta MD, MPH, AGSF Associate Professor Clerkship and Education Director University of Arkansas ABFM Little Rock AR
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required