Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Geriatric Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and American Board of Osteopathic Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Geriatric Exam.
We have 3,785 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,141 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Geriatrics Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Geriatric Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric prep questions, geriatric review questions, and geriatric test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. 1,906 authors and 29 editors have contributed to the development of the Geriatric Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Geriatric Exam Overview
How many hours is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Geriatric Exam?
Topics include: Gerontology - 5%, Diseases in the Elderly - 45%, Geriatric Psychiatry - 8.5%, Geriatric Syndromes - 22.5%, Functional Assessment, and Rehabilitation - 3%, and Caring for Elderly Patients - 16%
Geriatric Exam MCQs (3,785)
Our question bank for the Geriatric Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 96 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1176 questions
- Connective Tissue - 70 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 120 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 404 questions
- Eyes - 135 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 636 questions
- Genetics - 9 questions
- Genitourinary - 207 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 48 questions
- Hematologic - 281 questions
- Infectious - 558 questions
- Integument - 235 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 476 questions
- Nervous - 861 questions
- Nutrition - 96 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 441 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 250 questions
- Pulmonary - 513 questions
- Renal - 321 questions
- Surgery - 274 questions
- Toxicology - 238 questions
- Trauma - 146 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 61 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 15 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 65 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 41 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 582 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 29 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1188 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 90 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1618 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 13 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 37 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 10 questions
- Causes - 2050 questions
- Classification - 240 questions
- Differential - 1773 questions
- Epidemiology - 94 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 978 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1217 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 289 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 12 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 688 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1024 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 75 questions
- History Physical - 3975 questions
- Legal - 25 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2267 questions
- Patient Education - 133 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2181 questions
- Toxicology - 200 questions
- Treatment Medical - 2044 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 32 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 27 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 18 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 347 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 44 questions
- Clinical Education - 22 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 503 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 489 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 199 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 45 questions
Geriatric Exam Articles (2,141)
Bisacodyl [4,4’-diacetoxy-diphenyl-(pyridyl-2)-methane], a diphenylmethane derivative stimulant laxative, has been available as a laxative si ...
Central retinal artery occlusion (CRAO) is the sudden blockage of the central retinal artery, resulting in retinal hypoperfusion, rapidly progressi ...
Lewy bodies (LB) are protein inclusions containing disaggregated oligomers of many cellular proteins. The German neurologist na ...
There is a consensus among all clinical specialties that the fat content of the average diet should be lowered to decrease the risk of cardiovascul ...
Primary cutaneous lymphomas are the second most common extranodal non-Hodgkin Lymphomas. They may be of either T cell, B cell, or NK cell origin.&n ...
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a wide-spread virus, with manifestations ranging from asymptomatic to severe end-organ dysfunction in immunocompromised pa ...
Vertebral compression fractures (VCFs) of the spinal column occur secondary to an axial/compressive (and to a lesser extent, flexion) load wit ...
Iron is a mineral necessary for human life. It plays an important role in DNA synthesis and many other metabolic processes. It is also an essential ...
The vestibular system is a complex set of structures and neural pathways that serves a wide variety of functions that contribute to our sense of pr ...
One of the most important causes of liver dysfunction is drug-induced liver injury (DILI) which can lead to a wide spectrum of symptoms ranging fro ...
Hydromorphone is a pure opioid indicated for moderate to severe acute pain and severe chronic pain. It is only prescribed when other first-line of ...
Anemia is a condition marked by a decrease in the number of red blood cell (RBC) mass in the blood. The main function of RBCs, or erythro ...
A contemporary joint research statement of the European Respiratory Society/American Thoracic Society (ERS/ATS) proposed criteria for interstitial ...
Vasculitis is a heterogeneous group of pathologies characterized by inflammation if vessels. They share common links of clinical, laboratory, and p ...
Discovered in 1882 by Robert Koch, tuberculosis (TB), one of the oldest known infections, is a major global health problem and one of the top ...
Rafay Latif MD Assistant Professor Attending Physician Columbia University / Jacobi Med Center American Geriatric Society New Hyde Park NY
Lynn M Wilson DO, FACOFP, FAAFP Practicing Physician Attending Lehigh Valley Health System, USF CAQ in Geriatrics through ABFM/ABIM Allentown PA
Priya Mendiratta MD, MPH, AGSF Associate Professor Clerkship and Education Director University of Arkansas ABFM Little Rock AR
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required