Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the General Surgery Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The American Board of Surgery® and AOA Board of Surgery® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the General Surgery Exam.
We have 4,861 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,018 PubMed indexed review articles related to the General Surgery Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical General Surgeon subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test General Surgery Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls general surgery prep questions, general surgery review questions, and general surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the General Surgery Examination. 1,868 authors and 26 editors have contributed to the development of the General Surgery Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
General Surgery Exam Overview
How many hours is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the General Surgery Exam?
The General Surgery Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the General Surgery Exam?
Topics include: Abdomen - 12%, Alimentary Tract - 15%, Endoscopy - 2%, Breast - 7%, Endocrine - 5%, Skin - 2%, Critical Care - 10%, Trauma - 8%, Vascular - 7%, Transplantation - 2%, Thoracic - 2%, Pediatric - 2%, Head and Neck - 2%, Subspecialties - 4%, Applied Science - 13%, Preop and Periop - 2%, and Miscellaneous - 5%
General Surgery Exam MCQs (4,861)
Our question bank for the General Surgery Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 43 questions
- Cardiovascular - 730 questions
- Connective Tissue - 126 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 273 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 289 questions
- Eyes - 26 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 2013 questions
- Genetics - 49 questions
- Genitourinary - 279 questions
- Growth and Development - 59 questions
- Gynecologic - 198 questions
- Hematologic - 193 questions
- Infectious - 476 questions
- Integument - 484 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 901 questions
- Nervous - 545 questions
- Nutrition - 71 questions
- Obstetric - 57 questions
- Oncologic - 843 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 33 questions
- Pulmonary - 419 questions
- Renal - 118 questions
- Surgery - 2087 questions
- Toxicology - 97 questions
- Trauma - 1300 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 200 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 26 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 80 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 26 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 281 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 120 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 2111 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 15 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2432 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 27 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 11 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 2154 questions
- Classification - 627 questions
- Differential - 2328 questions
- Epidemiology - 110 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 907 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 883 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 426 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 44 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 880 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1925 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 81 questions
- History Physical - 4992 questions
- Legal - 28 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2084 questions
- Patient Education - 148 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 3065 questions
- Toxicology - 70 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1509 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 16 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 61 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 39 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 18 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 2338 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 41 questions
- Clinical Education - 185 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 179 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 162 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 86 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 14 questions
General Surgery Exam Articles (2,018)
The long-term patency and success of vein grafts in bypass surgery remains a challenge due to their accelerated atherosclerotic rates when compared ...
Although breast cancer is typically synonymous as a disease that commonly occurs in women, it does occur in men as well. This is because altho ...
A difficult airway is a clinical situation in which a healthcare provider who is skilled at airway management encounters difficulty with one or mor ...
Harrison sulcus or Harrison groove is an indentation on the chest roughly along the 6th rib, which is usually bilateral but can also occur unilater ...
Leriche Syndrome (LS), also commonly referred to as aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD), is a product of atherosclerosis affecting the distal abdom ...
The medial collateral ligament (MCL) is a flat band of connective tissue that runs from the medial epicondyle of the femur to the medial condyle of ...
Tracheal abnormalities requiring reconstruction are rare but can affect patients of all ages. Tracheal stenosis makes up 1% of all laryngotracheal ...
When operating in a hostile environment, whether in a military or civilian setting, the tactical medical provider’s (TMP) priority is to asse ...
The parathyroid glands are a group of endocrine glands located on the posterior thyroid. These glands are responsible for the secretion of parathyr ...
Hemangiomas are benign vascular tumors of infancy that may involve either the skin or viscera, including the liver. Understanding these lesions has ...
Heart failure is a complex clinical syndrome that results from a functional or structural heart disorder impairing ventricular filling or ejection ...
Arterial lines placement is for real-time monitoring of blood pressures and arterial blood sampling in critically ill patients or those undergoing ...
The triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) is a load-bearing structure between the lunate, triquetrum, and ulnar head. The function of the TFCC i ...
The radial forearm free flap (RFFF) has gained tremendous popularity since its introduction in 1978 as a reconstructive option. This flap's re ...
Tibial plateau fractures account for 1% of all fractures and are typically sustained with high-energy mechanisms.
Joseph R Lee MD Assistant Professor Residency Program Director East Tennessee State Un College of Med American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) Clinical Fellowship in Transplantation Surgery, Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) Johnson City TN
Sebastiano Cassaro MD Associate Clinical Professor Surgery Residency Program Director UN California Irvine / Kaweah Delta FACS Visalia CA
Tanya Egodage MD Assistant Professor of Surgery Cooper University Hospital Camden NJ
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required