This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Explain how a patient with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis might present.
- Describe how to evaluate a patient with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Outline how to treat a patient with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis
- Review an interprofessional team approach when caring for patients with acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
Author(s) / Contributors Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Each author, editor, faculty and planning committee member have completed a disclosure form indicating that neither they nor their spouse/partner has a financial interest/arrangement or affiliation that could be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of this activity.
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT: This activity has received NO commercial support.
- Authors: Arayamparambil C. Anilkumar
- Editors: Prasanna Tadi
- Editors-In-Chief: Chaddie Doerr
Chief Medical Reviewer: Mahammed Z. Khan Suheb
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Sandra Coleman
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Bernadette M. Makar
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Dorothy Caputo
- Pharmacy Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Mark V. Pellegrini
- Physician Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Scott C. Dulebohn
Continuing Education Accreditation Information
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, and StatPearls, LLC. The Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University designates this activity for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Board of Anesthesiology
- Neuro Anesthesia
- Adolescent Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Comprehensive/General Ophthalmology
- Clinical Pathology
- Infectious Diseases/Medical Microbiology
- Neuropathology (incl. Neuromuscular)
- Adolescent Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Neurology
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing and a money-back guarantee is provided if not completely satisfied.
- StatPearls and ETSU reserve the right to cancel any course due to unforeseen circumstances. StatPearls and ETSU will not be responsible for other expenses incurred by the participant in the unlikely event that the program is canceled.
- StatPearls and ETSU are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Access Institutions.
Medium or Media Used:
- Computer Requirements: Internet Access
- E-mail Address
Instructions for Credit
- Register for the activity and create a StatPearls login.
- Review the required accreditation information: Target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure information.
- Complete the entire self-study activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 100%.
- Complete the evaluation survey.
- Obtain a certificate.
StatPearls and ETSU adhere to ACCME Standards regarding commercial support of continuing medical education. It is the policy of StatPearls and ETSU that the faculty and planning committee disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity, that relevant conflict(s) of interest are resolved, and also that authors and editors will disclose any unlabeled/unapproved use of drug(s) or device(s) during their presentation. Detailed disclosure will be made prior to starting the activity.
The information provided at this CME/CE activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical/clinical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.
- If you need help with the system or have a question about content, please contact email@example.com, or call 727-289-9796.
- If you have a question about the ETSU CME providership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Usage Rights
The contributors and editors of StatPearls have attested that all associated media (images and video) have been legally cleared for use with this activity. All copyrights are reserved.