This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Identify the etiology of inferior shoulder dislocations.
- Describe the presentation of a patient with an inferior shoulder dislocation.
- List the treatment and management options available for inferior shoulder dislocations.
- Outline the pharmacologic therapy as it applies to Inferior Shoulder Dislocations
Author(s) / Contributors Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT: This activity has received NO commercial support.
- Authors: Kevin Kammel
- Editors: Ernest Leber
- Editors-In-Chief: Casey Ciresi
Chief Medical Reviewer: Dominic Marino
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Lisa Haddad
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Bernadette Makar
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Dorothy Caputo
- Pharmacy Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Mark Pellegrini
- Physician Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Scott Dulebohn
Continuing Education Accreditation Information
This activity is jointly provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and StatPearls. AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is awarded 1.00 Contact Hours.
- StatPearls and AKH are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Access Institutions.
Medium or Media Used:
- Computer Requirements: Internet Access
- E-mail Address
Instructions for Credit
- Register for the activity and create a StatPearls login.
- Complete the entire self-study activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 100%.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- Obtain a certificate.
- If you have concerns regarding CE, please contact email@example.com or call AKH 877-AKH-CME4.
Media Usage Rights
- Name: 'Gray326.png' Attribution: Contributed by Gray's Anatomy Plates
- Name: 'IMG_4457.JPG' Attribution: Contributed by Ernest Leber, MD FAAEM
- Name: 'IMG_4457 (1).JPG' Attribution: Contributed by Ernest Leber MD FAAEM
- Name: '914_Shoulder_Joint.jpg' Attribution: Contributed by OpenStax College (CC by 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/deed.en) (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:914_Shoulder_Joint.jpg)