Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the General Surgery Student Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME® and NBOME® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the General Surgery Student Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 901 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 496 PubMed indexed review articles related to the General Surgery Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical General Surgery Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test General Surgery Student Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls General surgery practice exam questions, general surgery shelf assessment questions, general surgery practice test questions, and general surgery shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the General Surgery Examination. 532 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the General Surgery Student Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
General Surgery Student Exam Overview
How many hours is the General Surgery Student Exam?
The General Surgery Student Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the General Surgery Student Exam?
The General Surgery Student Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the General Surgery Student Exam?
Topics include: The General Surgery examination is designed for end-of-course or end-of-clinical rotation/clerkship assessment for medical students. This examination preparation emphasizes core knowledge and elements of principles and practice in the discipline of General Surgery that are essential for a pre-doctoral medical student.
General Surgery Student Exam MCQs (901)
Our question bank for the General Surgery Student Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 9 questions
- Cardiovascular - 119 questions
- Connective Tissue - 17 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 41 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 74 questions
- Eyes - 6 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 481 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 71 questions
- Growth and Development - 16 questions
- Gynecologic - 39 questions
- Hematologic - 32 questions
- Infectious - 139 questions
- Integument - 95 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 123 questions
- Nervous - 56 questions
- Nutrition - 18 questions
- Obstetric - 7 questions
- Oncologic - 154 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 80 questions
- Renal - 25 questions
- Surgery - 287 questions
- Toxicology - 8 questions
- Trauma - 255 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 37 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 6 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 21 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 9 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 29 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 29 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 314 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 352 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 411 questions
- Classification - 110 questions
- Differential - 458 questions
- Epidemiology - 23 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 169 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 172 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 84 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 8 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 118 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 346 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 14 questions
- History Physical - 931 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 432 questions
- Patient Education - 30 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 503 questions
- Treatment Medical - 230 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 15 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 289 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 3 questions
- Clinical Education - 30 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 22 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 13 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
General Surgery Student Exam Articles (496)
Postdural puncture headache (PDPH) is a potential expected complication of a lumbar puncture, with symptoms related to traction on pain-s ...
Calcium homeostasis in the body is a complex interplay between several different hormones and other factors. The main factors that regulate calcium ...
Colon and rectal cancers (CRC) combined are the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States and the second deadliest. Rectal cancer h ...
A varicocele is abnormal dilation and enlargement of the scrotal venous pampiniform plexus which drains blood from each testicle. Wh ...
Acute and chronic pain remain important health problems both in the United States and worldwide. With the rise in the prevalence of many chronic de ...