Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the ABSS® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Spine Surgery® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the ABSS® Exam.
We have 709 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 273 PubMed indexed review articles related to the American Board of Spine Surgery® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Spine Surgeon subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test ABSS® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls spine surgery prep questions, spine surgery review questions, and spine surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the American Board of Spine Surgery® Examination. 296 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the ABSS® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
ABSS® Exam Overview
How many hours is the ABSS® Exam?
The ABSS® Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the ABSS® Exam?
The ABSS® Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the ABSS® Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences; Clinical Sciences; Surgical Sciences; and General Topics
ABSS® Exam MCQs (709)
Our question bank for the ABSS® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 1 questions
- Cardiovascular - 36 questions
- Connective Tissue - 26 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 4 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 5 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 14 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 5 questions
- Growth and Development - 21 questions
- Gynecologic - 3 questions
- Hematologic - 7 questions
- Infectious - 28 questions
- Integument - 4 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 484 questions
- Nervous - 588 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 9 questions
- Oncologic - 70 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 12 questions
- Renal - 6 questions
- Surgery - 217 questions
- Toxicology - 10 questions
- Trauma - 198 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 9 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 4 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 22 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 337 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 351 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Causes - 306 questions
- Classification - 93 questions
- Differential - 360 questions
- Epidemiology - 10 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 137 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 36 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 21 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 92 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 410 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 1 questions
- History Physical - 768 questions
- Legal - 4 questions
- Pathophysiology - 410 questions
- Patient Education - 17 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 475 questions
- Toxicology - 5 questions
- Treatment Medical - 169 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 24 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 4 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 13 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 11 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 280 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 9 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 15 questions
- Drug Information - 9 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 10 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
ABSS® Exam Articles (273)
Arachnoiditis is a persistent inflammation of the arachnoid mater as well as subarachnoid space due to many possible causes such as prior spinal su ...
The introduction of muscle relaxants has revolutionized the practice of anesthesia. By the end of the 1950s, non-depolarizing, neuromuscular blocki ...
The thoracolumbar spine area at T10-L2 is the most common region of the spine affected by trauma due to the specific biomechanics of this segment. ...
Giant cell tumor (GCT) is one of the most common benign bone tumors, which occurs in young adults 20-40 years old with a high recurrence rate and a ...
Rotational vertebral artery syndrome, or colloquially "bow hunter syndrome," is a rare cause of vertebrobasilar insufficiency. In patients wit ...
Spinal cord stimulation uses pulsed electrical energy near the spinal cord to manage pain. Initiall ...
Approximately 90% of the population will present with low back pain at some point in their lifetime. Spinal stenosis is a condition that ...
Trauma to the cervical spine encompasses a wide spectrum of injury, ranging from muscular strain, capsular or ligament sprain/tear, to facet sublux ...
A spinal cord injury is a potentially crippling injury which often results in severe and permanent disability. Quite often when we encounter multi- ...
Acromegaly is a rare disorder caused by excessive growth hormone production (GH), most commonly from an adenoma of the anterior pituitary gland. Th ...
Lumbar sympathetic blocks sympathectomy has been described as an effective pain management treatment strategy for several causes of chronic pain si ...
Stellate ganglion block (SGB) is used for the treatment of many medical conditions including complex regional pain syndrome and peripheral vascular ...
Vertebral artery dissection (VAD) is a rare cause of stroke in the general population; however, represents one of the more common causes of stroke ...
There have been several proposed classification systems to define thoracolumbar fractures. In 1983, Francis Denis described a novel classific ...
Osteoporosis is a condition describing a spectrum of overall compromised skeletal microarchitecture with clinical manifestations related to decreas ...
GAUTAM M SHETTY MSOrth MUMBAI
Donald D Davis MD Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center Duluth GA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required