Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the ABSS® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Spine Surgery® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the ABSS® Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 722 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 274 PubMed indexed review articles related to the American Board of Spine Surgery® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Spine Surgeon subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test ABSS® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls spine surgery prep questions, spine surgery review questions, and spine surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the American Board of Spine Surgery® Examination. 297 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the ABSS® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
ABSS® Exam Overview
How many hours is the ABSS® Exam?
The ABSS® Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the ABSS® Exam?
The ABSS® Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the ABSS® Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences; Clinical Sciences; Surgical Sciences; and General Topics
ABSS® Exam MCQs (722)
Our question bank for the ABSS® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 37 questions
- Connective Tissue - 26 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 3 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 5 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 14 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 5 questions
- Growth and Development - 22 questions
- Gynecologic - 4 questions
- Hematologic - 7 questions
- Infectious - 30 questions
- Integument - 5 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 490 questions
- Nervous - 603 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 10 questions
- Oncologic - 72 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 10 questions
- Renal - 4 questions
- Surgery - 218 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Trauma - 203 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 4 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 22 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 315 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 330 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Causes - 313 questions
- Classification - 93 questions
- Differential - 375 questions
- Epidemiology - 11 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 135 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 36 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 21 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 89 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 429 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 1 questions
- History Physical - 767 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 417 questions
- Patient Education - 15 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 484 questions
- Toxicology - 5 questions
- Treatment Medical - 168 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 23 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 4 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 11 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 11 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 284 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 15 questions
- Drug Information - 9 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 10 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
ABSS® Exam Articles (274)
Osteochondromas represent the most common bone tumor accounting for 20 to 50% of all benign osseous tumors.
The spinal cord relies on 3 main arteries for vascular supply. The anterior spinal artery supplies the anterior two-thirds, and the 2 posterolatera ...
Cauda equina and conus medullaris syndromes have overlap in anatomy and clinical presentation. Therefore, for the purpose of this discussion, ...
Bone cysts are often asymptomatic and found incidentally on radiographs. Sometimes, they may present with pain due to repeated hemorrhages or patho ...
A spinal epidural abscess is a suppurative infection of the central nervous system. Although classically, patients with spinal epidural abscess pre ...