Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 530 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 301 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NBRC® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Respiratory Therapist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Respiratory Therapists Board Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBRC® practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the NBRC® Test. 345 authors and 6 editors have contributed to the development of the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam Overview
How many hours is the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
The Respiratory Therapists Board Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
The Respiratory Therapists Board Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
Topics include: Patient Data - 35%, Troubleshooting and Quality Control of Devices, and Infection Control - 14%, Initiation and Modifications of Interventions - 50%
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam MCQs (530)
Our question bank for the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 61 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 66 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 26 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 10 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Growth and Development - 12 questions
- Hematologic - 10 questions
- Infectious - 66 questions
- Integument - 1 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 20 questions
- Nervous - 37 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 7 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 600 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 39 questions
- Toxicology - 21 questions
- Trauma - 45 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 5 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 7 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 19 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 7 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 34 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 338 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 329 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 219 questions
- Classification - 57 questions
- Differential - 171 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 98 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 102 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 109 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 59 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 83 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 7 questions
- History Physical - 561 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 345 questions
- Patient Education - 10 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 285 questions
- Toxicology - 15 questions
- Treatment Medical - 281 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 17 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 34 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 11 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 15 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 8 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam Articles (301)
The word "pneumonia" takes its origin from the ancient Greek word "pneumon," which means "lung," so the word "pneumonia" becomes "lung disease ...
One of the major roles of the lungs is to facilitate gas exchange between the circulatory system and the external environment. The lungs are c ...
There are a number of field walking tests designed to measure the exercise capacity of patients with chronic respiratory disease. Among these, the ...
The larynx is continuous with pharynx superiorly and the trachea inferiorly. It is comprised of an intricate skeleton of cartilages held together b ...
Montelukast is an orally dosed drug (available as a film-coated tablet, chewable tablet, or oral granules) that is FDA-approved for treating t ...