Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board for Respiratory Care® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 628 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 323 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NBRC® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Respiratory Therapist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Respiratory Therapists Board Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBRC® practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the NBRC® Test. 378 authors and 7 editors have contributed to the development of the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam Overview
How many hours is the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
The Respiratory Therapists Board Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
The Respiratory Therapists Board Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam?
Topics include: Patient Data - 35%, Troubleshooting and Quality Control of Devices, and Infection Control - 14%, Initiation and Modifications of Interventions - 50%
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam MCQs (628)
Our question bank for the Respiratory Therapists Board Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 34 questions
- Cardiovascular - 67 questions
- Connective Tissue - 1 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 75 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 27 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 10 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 14 questions
- Hematologic - 12 questions
- Infectious - 72 questions
- Integument - 1 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 25 questions
- Nervous - 44 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 5 questions
- Oncologic - 9 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 5 questions
- Pulmonary - 689 questions
- Renal - 11 questions
- Surgery - 45 questions
- Toxicology - 27 questions
- Trauma - 55 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 7 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 24 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 7 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 38 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 8 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 379 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 370 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 255 questions
- Classification - 70 questions
- Differential - 192 questions
- Epidemiology - 7 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 112 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 123 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 125 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 72 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 92 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 13 questions
- History Physical - 655 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 411 questions
- Patient Education - 12 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 328 questions
- Toxicology - 19 questions
- Treatment Medical - 325 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 22 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 8 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 40 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 12 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 12 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 16 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 9 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
Respiratory Therapists Board Exam Articles (323)
Mechanical ventilation is an established supportive treatment for patients with various forms of respiratory failure. Despite the widespread ...
The diaphragm separates the thoracic cavity from the abdominal cavity. It is a double-domed, musculotendinous partition that consists of a continuo ...
Montelukast and zafirlukast are cysteinyl leukotriene receptor antagonists. Leukotrienes are ...
Antiplatelet medications divide into oral and parenteral agents. Oral agents subdivide further based on the mechanism of action. Aspirin was t ...
Acute mountain sickness (AMS) is a syndrome that arises in non-acclimatized individuals who ascend to high altitudes. It is a form of acute altitud ...