Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Physical Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Physical Medicine® and American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Physical Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 677 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 432 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Certification Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Physical Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Physical Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls PMR prep questions, physical medicine review questions, and PMR test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Certification Examination . 422 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the Physical Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Physical Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Physical Medicine Exam?
The Physical Medicine Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Physical Medicine Exam?
The Physical Medicine Exam is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Physical Medicine Exam?
Topics include: Rehabilitation of Brain, Spinal Cord/Muscle, and Connective Tissue Disorders: 27% – 31%, Interventional Therapeutics: Spine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment and Pain: 25% – 29, Prosthetics, Orthotics, Sports Medicine, Orthopedic disorders, MSK disorders, Occupational-Industrial, Return to Work and Assistive Devices: 24% – 28%, and Special Populations: 16% – 20%
Physical Medicine Exam MCQs (677)
Our question bank for the Physical Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 3 questions
- Cardiovascular - 21 questions
- Connective Tissue - 56 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 4 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 6 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 2 questions
- Genetics - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 14 questions
- Growth and Development - 9 questions
- Gynecologic - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 9 questions
- Dermatology - 5 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 629 questions
- Nervous - 383 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 6 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 9 questions
- Surgery - 42 questions
- Toxicology - 3 questions
- Trauma - 153 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 17 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 2 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 7 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 17 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 11 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 5 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 298 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 3 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 319 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 270 questions
- Classification - 90 questions
- Differential - 370 questions
- Epidemiology - 12 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 139 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 16 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 27 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 85 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 203 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 10 questions
- History Physical - 703 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 336 questions
- Patient Education - 34 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 331 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 165 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 127 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 60 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 70 questions
- Clinical Education - 21 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 11 questions
- Drug Information - 6 questions
Physical Medicine Exam Articles (432)
The bones of the thumb consist of one metacarpal bone and two phalanxes (proximal and distal, respectively). This anatomy varies in comparison ...
Ulnar collateral ligament injuries of thumb were first described in gamekeepers who sustained the injury from the repetitive nature of breakin ...
Tabes dorsalis is a slowly progressive parenchymatous degenerative disease of the dorsal column and dorsal root of the spinal cord as a result of s ...
A cervicogenic headache (CGH) presents as unilateral pain that starts in the neck and is referred from bony structures or soft tissues of the ...
The anterior spinal artery supplies the anterior two-thirds of the spinal cord and runs along the entire length of the anterior surface of the ...