Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the PTCB Exam®. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Pharmacy Technician Certification Board ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the PTCB Exam®.
We have 620 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 167 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) ® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacy Technician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test PTCB Exam® to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls PTCB questions will help you achieve a top score on the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) ® Examination. 205 authors and 5 editors have contributed to the development of the PTCB Exam® content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
PTCB Exam® Overview
How many hours is the PTCB Exam®?
The PTCB Exam® is 2 hours.
How many questions is the PTCB Exam®?
The PTCB Exam® is 90 questions.
What topics are covered on the PTCB Exam®?
Topics include: Medications - 40%, Federal Requirements - 12.5%, Patient Safety and Quality Assurance - 26.25%, and Order Entry and Processing- 21.25%
PTCB Exam® MCQs (620)
Our question bank for the PTCB Exam® covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 11 questions
- Cardiovascular - 30 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 7 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 34 questions
- Eyes - 6 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 41 questions
- Genitourinary - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 5 questions
- Hematologic - 14 questions
- Infectious - 52 questions
- Integument - 9 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 34 questions
- Nervous - 69 questions
- Nutrition - 18 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 8 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 65 questions
- Pulmonary - 14 questions
- Renal - 2 questions
- Surgery - 1 questions
- Toxicology - 56 questions
- Trauma - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 33 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 6 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 18 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 398 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 6 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 299 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 53 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Causes - 17 questions
- Classification - 91 questions
- Differential - 19 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 4 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 26 questions
- History Physical - 19 questions
- Legal - 150 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2 questions
- Patient Education - 7 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 16 questions
- Toxicology - 21 questions
- Treatment Medical - 100 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 1 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 6 questions
- Clinical Education - 70 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 33 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 56 questions
- Drug Information - 268 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 242 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 10 questions
PTCB Exam® Articles (167)
Drug-drug interactions (DDI) are a frequently encountered phenomenon in palliative care (PC) settings. To optimize management, clinicians should be ...
Megaloblastic anemia (MA) encompasses a heterogeneous group of anemias characterized by the presence in the bone marrow of large red blood cell pre ...
The most effective management of diabetes mellitus demands an interprofessional approach involving both lifestyle modifications with diet ...
Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressive agent used to treat organ rejection post-transplant. It also has uses in certain other autoimmune diseases.
Antihistamines are a pharmaceutical class of drugs that act to treat histamine-mediated conditions. There are two main classes of histamine recepto ...
Medical errors are a serious public health problem and a leading cause of death in the United States. It is challenging to uncover a consistent cau ...
In 1997, a significant milestone was established in health care delivery for children in the United States of America. The United States Congress m ...
Pharmacokinetics (PK) describes the mathematical relationship between the dose of the drug administered and its measured concentration at an easily ...
Chronic pain and opioid use and abuse is a significant problem in the United States. Over on ...
FDA recalls have a significant financial toll on the healthcare system. Clinically important drug recalls occur approximately once per month in the ...
Herbal products, botanical products, or phytomedicines are produced from plants or botanicals to maintain health or treat diseases. Herbal suppleme ...
Fluoxetine has FDA-approval for major depressive disorder (age eight and older), obsessive-compulsive disorder (age seven and older), pan ...
The antiarrhythmic medications have typically been categorized according to the Vaughan-Williams (VW) classification system. The system classifies ...
Water constitutes about 60% of the average adult body weight and is responsible for many physiological processes in the human body. Thus, fluid and ...
Crystalloid fluids are a subset of intravenous solutions that are frequently used in the clinical setting. Crystalloid fluids are the fir ...
Mark V Pellegrini PharmD, DC Private Practice Charlotte NC
James J Beauchamp RCPht NCH Healthcare System Naples FL
Nicole A Hale-Crutch AS, BM, RCpht Naples Community Hospital PTCB Bonita Springs FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required