Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the BCPS Exam®. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the BCPS Exam®.
We have 4,429 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,977 PubMed indexed review articles related to the BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) ® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test BCPS Exam® to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls pharmacotherapy and evidence-based medicine questions will help you achieve a top score on the BPS Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) ® Examination. 1,817 authors and 29 editors have contributed to the development of the BCPS Exam® content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
BCPS Exam® Overview
How many hours is the BCPS Exam®?
The BCPS Exam® is 4.5 hours.
How many questions is the BCPS Exam®?
The BCPS Exam® is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the BCPS Exam®?
Topics include: Patient Centered Pharmacotherpay - 65%, Application of Evidence to Practice Education - 25%, and Healthcare Systems and Population Health - 10%
BCPS Exam® MCQs (4,429)
Our question bank for the BCPS Exam® covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 245 questions
- Cardiovascular - 960 questions
- Connective Tissue - 74 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 135 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 630 questions
- Eyes - 112 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 601 questions
- Genetics - 30 questions
- Genitourinary - 212 questions
- Growth and Development - 25 questions
- Gynecologic - 129 questions
- Hematologic - 393 questions
- Infectious - 790 questions
- Integument - 346 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 385 questions
- Nervous - 977 questions
- Nutrition - 79 questions
- Obstetric - 142 questions
- Oncologic - 329 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 453 questions
- Pulmonary - 428 questions
- Renal - 322 questions
- Surgery - 197 questions
- Toxicology - 878 questions
- Trauma - 94 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 25 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 25 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 66 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2328 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 37 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 447 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 93 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1961 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 12 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 2046 questions
- Classification - 309 questions
- Differential - 1055 questions
- Epidemiology - 33 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 511 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1008 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 241 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 6 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 256 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 353 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 86 questions
- History Physical - 4274 questions
- Legal - 10 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2255 questions
- Patient Education - 146 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2742 questions
- Toxicology - 652 questions
- Treatment Medical - 4482 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 6 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 5 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 141 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 8 questions
- Clinical Education - 21 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2247 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 56 questions
- Drug Information - 2580 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 903 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 266 questions
BCPS Exam® Articles (1,977)
An emulsion is a mixture of two or more liquids that are usually immiscible but under specific transforming processes will adopt a macroscopic homo ...
() is a pathogen that has been published in the literature since the 1800s. At that time, it was b ...
Capsaicin was first isolated in 1816 by Christian Bucholz. Capsaicin is a chili pepper extract, genus Capsicum, with analgesic propertie ...
Nosocomial pneumonia or hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) is defined as pneumonia that occurs 48 hours or more after hospital admiss ...
Acromegaly is a rare disorder caused by excessive growth hormone production (GH), most commonly from an adenoma of the anterior pituitary gland. Th ...
Klippel Trenaunay syndrome (KTS) is a vascular malformation syndrome comprising of varying involvement of cutaneous capillaries, veins, and lymphat ...
Cardioactive steroids (CAS) are medically important compounds historically used for conditions like edema and "dropsy." There is literature from th ...
Centipedes are predatory venomous arthropods. They possess segmented bodies consisting of 15 to almost 200 segments with one pair of legs per segme ...
Ciguatera toxicity is a food-borne illness caused by eating fish contaminated with ciguatoxin. This toxin is a potent neurotoxin, and din ...
While antidepressants may be the drug of choice for depression, they also have FDA approval as treatments for other medical disorders. For example, ...
The advent of pneumococcal vaccines has proven to be a significant advancement in the treatment and prevention of a widespread and sometimes d ...
Montelukast is an orally dosed drug (available as a film-coated tablet, chewable tablet, or oral granules) which is FDA-approved for the treat ...
This class of medications represents a group of anti-hyperglycemic agents mainly used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Sulfonylureas, ...
Splenic sequestration is a feared complication of sickle cell anemia that primarily affects young children. It is an acute drop in hemoglobin of 2 ...
Hypertension (HTN) is considered one of the leading causes of increased cardiovascular disease. The 2017 American College of Cardiology (AC ...
Manouchkathe Cassagnol PharmD Associate Clinical Professor St. John's University East Setauket NY
Melissa Max PharmD Associate Professor Harding University College of Pharmacy Searcy AR
Jennifer Esch PharmD Pharmacist Aurora BayCare Medical Center BCPS Grand Chute WI
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required