Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Pharmacology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME®, USMLE®, NBOME®, and COMLEX® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Pharmacology Exam.
We have 3,717 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,232 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Pharmacology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pharmacology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Pharmacology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls pharmacology practice exam questions, pharmacology shelf assessment questions, pharmacology practice test questions, and pharmacology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Pharmacology Examination. 1,202 authors and 15 editors have contributed to the development of the Pharmacology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Pharmacology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Pharmacology Exam?
The Pharmacology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Pharmacology Exam?
The Pharmacology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Pharmacology Exam?
Topics include: The Pharmacology exam is designed to assess performance at the end of a course, clerkship, or other unit of instruction.
Pharmacology Exam MCQs (3,717)
Our question bank for the Pharmacology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 185 questions
- Cardiovascular - 820 questions
- Connective Tissue - 45 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 109 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 560 questions
- Eyes - 95 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 486 questions
- Genetics - 10 questions
- Genitourinary - 201 questions
- Growth and Development - 13 questions
- Gynecologic - 112 questions
- Hematologic - 275 questions
- Infectious - 591 questions
- Integument - 220 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 255 questions
- Nervous - 837 questions
- Nutrition - 53 questions
- Obstetric - 94 questions
- Oncologic - 282 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 451 questions
- Pulmonary - 335 questions
- Renal - 271 questions
- Surgery - 149 questions
- Toxicology - 821 questions
- Trauma - 61 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 4 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 17 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 44 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2325 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 18 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 432 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 107 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1942 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 4 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 1897 questions
- Classification - 267 questions
- Differential - 811 questions
- Epidemiology - 29 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 300 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 668 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 189 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 5 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 144 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 175 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 39 questions
- History Physical - 3554 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2200 questions
- Patient Education - 101 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2254 questions
- Toxicology - 613 questions
- Treatment Medical - 3687 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 7 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 86 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1598 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 22 questions
- Drug Information - 2466 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 597 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 300 questions
Pharmacology Exam Articles (1,232)
Cilostazol is a quinolone derivative primarily used in the treatment of intermittent claudication associated with early-stage periph ...
Beta-1 receptors, along with beta-2, alpha-1, and alpha-2 receptors, are adrenergic receptors primarily responsible for signaling in the sympatheti ...
Alteplase (tPA) is a powerful thrombolytic agent used in the lysis of acute thromboembolism.
Status asthmaticus is a medical emergency, an extreme form of asthma exacerbation characterized by hypoxemia, hypercarbia, and secondary respirator ...
Calcitonin gene-related peptide is a 37-amino acid neuropeptide and a potent vasodilator produced by neurons in both the central and peripheral ner ...
Amphetamines, such as methamphetamine and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), belong to a class of compounds called phenethylamines which ind ...
Amikacin's niche is because it also has activity against more resistant gram-negative bacilli such as and
Pravastatin is an FDA-approved HMG Co-A reductase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of primary hypercholesterolemia, hyperlipidemia, and mixed ...
Regular insulin, a short-acting human insulin, is a synthetic protein hormone, which, just as the naturally occurring endogenous insulin, exerts a ...
Varicella or chickenpox is a common and highly contagious exanthematic disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV) ...
Water constitutes about 60% of the average adult body weight and is responsible for many physiological processes in the human body. Thus, fluid and ...
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms occur when patients stop drinking or significantly decrease their alcohol intake after long-term dependence. Withdrawal ...
Understanding the concept of drug clearance is essential when determining the dosing of medications. When a medication is administered intravenousl ...
Anand Dilip Lakhkar MD, MS, PhD Manager Medical Affairs Fresenius Kabi Pune
Charles V Preuss BSPharm, PhD Associate Professor University of South Florida Tampa FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required