Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Microbiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Pathology® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Microbiology Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$199Subscription per month per user
$499Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 658 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 407 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Microbiology exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Microbiology Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Microbiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls microbiology prep questions, microbiology review questions, and microbiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Microbiology exam. 412 authors and 12 editors have contributed to the development of the Microbiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Microbiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 7 hours.
How many questions is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 340 questions.
What topics are covered on the Microbiology Exam?
Topics include: Laboratory Management: Medical Microbiology - 11%, Bacteria - 36%, Mycobacteria, Nocardia, and other Aerobic Actinomycetes - 6%, Fungi - 16%, Viruses & Prions - 12%, Parasites - 11%, General Methods, NOS - 5%, and Laboratory Management: General - 3%
Microbiology Exam MCQs (658)
Our question bank for the Microbiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 23 questions
- Cardiovascular - 18 questions
- Connective Tissue - 7 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 29 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 8 questions
- Eyes - 22 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 101 questions
- Genetics - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 46 questions
- Growth and Development - 3 questions
- Gynecologic - 7 questions
- Hematologic - 38 questions
- Infectious - 688 questions
- Integument - 124 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 26 questions
- Nervous - 75 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 88 questions
- Renal - 20 questions
- Surgery - 11 questions
- Toxicology - 34 questions
- Trauma - 12 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 3 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 12 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 37 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 237 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 283 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 372 questions
- Classification - 31 questions
- Differential - 459 questions
- Epidemiology - 37 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 381 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 408 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 23 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 145 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 102 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 20 questions
- History Physical - 612 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 452 questions
- Patient Education - 2 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 276 questions
- Toxicology - 30 questions
- Treatment Medical - 106 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 14 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 15 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 27 questions
- Drug Information - 18 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 9 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Microbiology Exam Articles (407)
Bullous myringitis (BM) is a relatively common infectious condition characterized by bullae or vesicles on the tympanic membrane (TM), without affe ...
() is a pathogen that has been published in the literature since the 1800s. At that time, it was b ...
Dermatophytes are fungi that invade keratinized tissues such as skin, hair, and nails. Derma ...
Chorioretinitis is a type of uveitis involving the posterior segment of the eye, which includes inflammation of the choroid and the retina of the e ...
Perianal streptococcal dermatitis is an infectious dermatologic disease that typically affects children between the ages of 6 months and 10 years o ...