Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) CAQ® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$159Subscription per month per user
$379Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 488 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 152 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Palliative Care Medicine and Hospice Care Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Physician Associate subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Palliative Care Medicine and Hospice Care questions will help you achieve a top score on the Palliative Care Medicine and Hospice Care Examination. 200 authors and 3 editors have contributed to the development of the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam Overview
How many hours is the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam?
The Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam?
The Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam?
Topics include: Caring for the physical, psycho-social, cultural, and spiritual aspects of serious illness; Providing pain and symptom management of serious illness to sustain comfort and function when possible and support quality of life; Providing care in the context of formal or informal interdisciplinary teams to focus on the overall well-being of the patient (including non-physical domains of care); recognizing and facilitating necessary referrals as indicated; Providing care for the patient and family in preparation for an anticipated death and in the management of the death event; Demonstrated communication skills in caring for patients with serious illness and their families/caregivers; Implementing a shared decision-making process with the patient to align current medical options for treatments and interventions with their values and preferences; Assessing and supporting caregiver needs and coordination of care; Assisting and guiding discussions with patients and their families in advance care planning and completing necessary documents; Demonstrating knowledge of hospice care as an insurance benefit, hospice eligibility requirements and services provided; and In addition, the PA should demonstrate an understanding of the principles of system-based practice, to include risk management.
Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam MCQs (488)
Our question bank for the Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Cardiovascular - 33 questions
- Connective Tissue - 1 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 8 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 11 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 66 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 21 questions
- Gynecologic - 22 questions
- Hematologic - 10 questions
- Infectious - 22 questions
- Integument - 15 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 23 questions
- Nervous - 91 questions
- Nutrition - 4 questions
- Oncologic - 220 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 65 questions
- Pulmonary - 79 questions
- Renal - 19 questions
- Surgery - 2 questions
- Toxicology - 15 questions
- Trauma - 5 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 40 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 3 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 18 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 51 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 118 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 250 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 66 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 359 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 36 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 55 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 9 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 25 questions
- Causes - 110 questions
- Classification - 20 questions
- Differential - 75 questions
- Epidemiology - 12 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 12 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 14 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 16 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 4 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 15 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 21 questions
- History Physical - 418 questions
- Legal - 38 questions
- Pathophysiology - 158 questions
- Patient Education - 55 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 188 questions
- Toxicology - 12 questions
- Treatment Medical - 234 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 4 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 7 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 50 questions
- Clinical Education - 4 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 61 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 5 questions
- Drug Information - 36 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 32 questions
Palliative Medicine and Hospice Care Exam Articles (152)
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) is one of the most severe forms of inherited muscular dystrophies. It is the most common hereditary neuromuscular ...
Intrathecal therapy began to emerge in the late 1970s when the World Health Organization (WHO) placed attention on a more careful treatment of ...
The definition of dementia has been updated in the DSM-5 criteria. It is actually no longer termed Dementia but is now called Major Neurocogni ...
Pain and discomfort at the end of life are frequently under-recognized and undertreated. With the advent of modalities that help prolong life, ther ...
Based on the antibiotic susceptibilities, Methicillin resistance in is defined as an oxacillin minimum inhibitory ...