Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification.
We have 1,094 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 245 PubMed indexed review articles related to the COTA® Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Occupational Therapy Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBCOT® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the COTA® Exam. 280 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Overview
How many hours is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
Topics include: Collaborating and Gathering Information - 28%, Selecting and Implementing Interventions - 55%, and Upholding Professional Standards and Responsibilities - 17%
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification MCQs (1,094)
Our question bank for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 1 questions
- Cardiovascular - 19 questions
- Connective Tissue - 8 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 26 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 7 questions
- Eyes - 18 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 9 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 7 questions
- Growth and Development - 91 questions
- Infectious - 14 questions
- Integument - 32 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 403 questions
- Nervous - 442 questions
- Nutrition - 4 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 2 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 299 questions
- Pulmonary - 14 questions
- Surgery - 30 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 96 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 17 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 19 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 28 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 143 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 11 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 722 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 134 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 849 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 15 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 34 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 146 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 3 questions
- Causes - 52 questions
- Classification - 37 questions
- Differential - 61 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 28 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 30 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 30 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 26 questions
- History Physical - 970 questions
- Legal - 10 questions
- Pathophysiology - 74 questions
- Patient Education - 175 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 48 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 26 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 786 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 39 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 11 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 12 questions
- Clinical Education - 13 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 1 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Articles (245)
Gait disturbances are described as any deviations from normal walking or gait. Numerous etiologies cause these disturbances. Due to their different ...
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is often a disabling condition consisting of bothersome intrusive thoughts that elicit a feeling of discomfort. ...
Play is the engagement of activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than for any set purpose. It is an expected, normal process in children. Mor ...
Neural tube defects are a spectrum of congenital anomalies that include cranial defects and open or closed spinal dysraphism. Open spinal dysraphis ...
Hamate fractures are rare and underreported. These injuries are usually misdiagnosed or confused with simple wrist sprains. Delayed diagnosis ...
Memory is the capability of the brain to encode, store, and retrieve information or data when they are needed. Without memory, it is impossible to ...
Chest pain is a common complaint and encompasses a broad differential diagnosis that includes several life-threatening causes. A workup must focus ...
Several types of reflexes can be tested as part of a physical examination and these all reveal something about the status of the elements of the ne ...
Patients with alcohol or other substance misuse disorders often have complex presentations of addictive behaviors and medical comorbidities, making ...
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is one of the leading causes of death worldwide and is the leading cause of death in the United States.
Mood is defined as a pervasive and sustained feeling tone that is endured internally, and that impacts nearly all aspects of a person’s behav ...
Sleep loss from various causes is prevalent and often missed by physicians as a treatable health problem. There are strong associations w ...
The hand is very versatile in its abilities. To assure that it functions at its highest level, it is important to maintain its functionality and mo ...
Management skills in the healthcare setting are composed of sets of competencies essential for healthcare professionals who effectively and efficie ...
Spondylolisthesis is the slippage of one vertebral body with respect to the adjacent vertebral body causing mechanical or radicular symptoms or pai ...
Rachelle Dorne MEd, EdD, OTR/L, CAPS Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University Certified Aging in Place Specialist Plantation FL
Mariana D'Amico EdD, OTR/L Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University BCP, FAOTA Riverview FL
Ryan R Olson-Meyer BS CEIM Omaha NE
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required