Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification.
We have 513 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 168 PubMed indexed review articles related to the COTA® Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Occupational Therapy Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBCOT® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the COTA® Exam. 198 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Overview
How many hours is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
Topics include: Collaborating and Gathering Information - 28%, Selecting and Implementing Interventions - 55%, and Upholding Professional Standards and Responsibilities - 17%
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification MCQs (513)
Our question bank for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Cardiovascular - 8 questions
- Connective Tissue - 3 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 14 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 5 questions
- Eyes - 9 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 8 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 5 questions
- Growth and Development - 67 questions
- Infectious - 4 questions
- Integument - 17 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 194 questions
- Nervous - 234 questions
- Nutrition - 4 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 1 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 165 questions
- Pulmonary - 8 questions
- Surgery - 18 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 55 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 15 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 14 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 25 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 138 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 11 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 266 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 93 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 312 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 14 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 21 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 105 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 28 questions
- Classification - 36 questions
- Differential - 26 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 18 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 24 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 24 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 25 questions
- History Physical - 427 questions
- Legal - 7 questions
- Pathophysiology - 52 questions
- Patient Education - 119 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 43 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 27 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 338 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 39 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 4 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 8 questions
- Clinical Education - 9 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 1 questions
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Articles (168)
Acute stroke is also commonly called a cerebrovascular accident which is not a term preferred by most stroke neurologists. Stroke is NOT an acciden ...
The wrist is a complex joint consisting of the distal radial and ulnar bones plus the eight carpal bones. The fibrocartilaginous complex is located ...
Cognition is the mental action or process of acquiring knowledge and understanding through thought, experience, and the senses. It encompasses vari ...
Peripheral neuropathies encompass disorders of peripheral nerve cells and fibers which manifest secondary to a wide range of pathologies. These ner ...
The median nerve also called the 'eye of the hand,' is a mixed nerve with a role of primary importance in the functionality of the hand. It innerva ...
The process of swallowing, also known as deglutition, involves the movement of substances from the mouth (oral cavity) to the stomach via the phary ...
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a common and treatable disease characterized by progressive airflow limitation and tissue destructi ...
The activities of daily living (ADLs) is a term used to collectively describe fundamental skills that are required to independently care for onesel ...
Feeding disability in children is termed as a pediatric inadequacy to take food and includes disorders resulting in delayed development of mil ...
As the need for behavioral intervention and long-term psychiatric care is steadily rising, alternative methods of treatment must be employed by phy ...
The technique of splinting can be found throughout multiple fields of medicine including emergency medicine, orthopedics, primary care, and podiatr ...
Thermal burns are a significant cause of worldwide morbidity and mortality. They can lead to debilitating, lifelong injuries and have serious psych ...
Learning disabilities (LDs) refer to several disorders that may affect the acquisition, organization, retention, comprehension, or the use of both ...
The dressing is considered an essential daily living activity, together with eating, bathing, or toileting; we can find a definition in the Interna ...
Tachypnea is a condition that refers to rapid breathing. The normal breathing rate for an average adult is 12 to 20 breaths per minute. In children ...
Rachelle Dorne MEd, EdD, OTR/L, CAPS Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University Certified Aging in Place Specialist Plantation FL
Mariana D'Amico EdD, OTR/L Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University BCP, FAOTA Riverview FL
Ryan R Olson-Meyer BS CEIM Omaha NE
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required