Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification.
About the Question Bank
We have 616 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 249 PubMed indexed review articles related to the COTA® Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Occupational Therapy Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NBCOT® practice exam will help you achieve a top score on the COTA® Exam. 285 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Overview
How many hours is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification?
Topics include: Collaborating and Gathering Information - 28%, Selecting and Implementing Interventions - 55%, and Upholding Professional Standards and Responsibilities - 17%
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification MCQs (616)
Our question bank for the Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 1 questions
- Cardiovascular - 18 questions
- Connective Tissue - 5 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 20 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 7 questions
- Eyes - 10 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 11 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 68 questions
- Infectious - 9 questions
- Integument - 18 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 264 questions
- Nervous - 287 questions
- Nutrition - 4 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 1 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 199 questions
- Pulmonary - 7 questions
- Surgery - 26 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 75 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 35 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 23 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 49 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 160 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 14 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 303 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 111 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 370 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 19 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 34 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 112 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 69 questions
- Classification - 59 questions
- Differential - 47 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 29 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 4 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 27 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 34 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 14 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 51 questions
- History Physical - 515 questions
- Legal - 12 questions
- Pathophysiology - 84 questions
- Patient Education - 126 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 79 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 40 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 386 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 56 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 12 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 21 questions
- Clinical Education - 15 questions
Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Articles (249)
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) are the regulating bodies of infection control, ...
Effective techniques for stress management are varied. They typically include behaviors that improve physical health, such as nutrition and ex ...
Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) is a major cause of morbidity and mortality, and sequelae range from venous stasis to pulmonary embolism (PE). DVT ...
The process of swallowing, also known as deglutition, involves the movement of substances from the mouth (oral cavity) to the stomach via the phary ...
Aphasia is an impairment to comprehension or formulation of language caused by damage to the cortical center for language. It can be caused by many ...
Ataxia is a neurological sign that manifests in a lack of coordination in the movement of different muscles in the body.
Individuals with an intellectual disability have neurodevelopmental deficits characterized by limitations in
Over one-quarter of United States citizens suffer from chronic pain. It is among the most co ...
Swan neck deformity is characterized by proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint hyperextension and flexion of the distal interphalangeal (DIP) joint. ...
Handwashing practices in the patient care setting began in the early 19th century. The practice evolved over the years with evidential proof of its ...
Morton’s neuroma is a compressive neuropathy of the forefoot interdigital nerve. Neuropathy is chiefly due to compression and irritation at t ...
In the United States (U.S.), 30,000 to 40,000 amputations are performed each year. Amputations can occur for many reasons including severe trauma, ...
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines child maltreatment as “all forms of physical and emotional ill-treatment, sexual abuse, neglect, ...
Patient mobility is an important aspect of patient care, particularly in the setting of major surgery or severe chronic illnesses that re ...
In research, statistical significance is a measure of the probability of the null hypothesis being true compared to the acceptable level ...
Rachelle Dorne MEd, EdD, OTR/L, CAPS Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University Certified Aging in Place Specialist Plantation FL
Mariana D'Amico EdD, OTR/L Associate Professor Nova Southeastern University BCP, FAOTA Riverview FL
Ryan R Olson-Meyer BS CEIM Omaha NE
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required