Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Occupational Medical Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Preventive Medicine® and AOA Board of Preventive Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Occupational Medical Exam.
We have 314 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 170 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Occupational Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Occupational Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Occupational Medical Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls occupational medicine prep questions, occupational medicine review questions, and occupational medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Occupational Medicine Examination. 198 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Occupational Medical Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Occupational Medical Exam Overview
How many hours is the Occupational Medical Exam?
The Occupational Medical Exam is 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the Occupational Medical Exam?
The Occupational Medical Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Occupational Medical Exam?
Topics include: Prevention, Exposure Assessment, Hazard Recognition, and Control - 20%, Clinical Patient Care - 60%, and OEHS Administration and Systems-Based Practice - 20%
Occupational Medical Exam MCQs (314)
Our question bank for the Occupational Medical Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 8 questions
- Cardiovascular - 10 questions
- Connective Tissue - 10 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 11 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 5 questions
- Eyes - 11 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 72 questions
- Integument - 39 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 93 questions
- Nervous - 46 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 27 questions
- Pulmonary - 66 questions
- Renal - 6 questions
- Surgery - 5 questions
- Toxicology - 91 questions
- Trauma - 50 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 34 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 12 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 46 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 15 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 96 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 8 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 135 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 33 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 141 questions
- Classification - 37 questions
- Differential - 121 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 57 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 54 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 8 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 33 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 59 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 70 questions
- History Physical - 300 questions
- Legal - 27 questions
- Pathophysiology - 127 questions
- Patient Education - 23 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 135 questions
- Toxicology - 47 questions
- Treatment Medical - 101 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 9 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 4 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 7 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 10 questions
- Clinical Education - 4 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 6 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
Occupational Medical Exam Articles (170)
Chromoblastomycosis is a chronic granulomatous infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue caused by several different dematiaceous fungi (brown ...
Approximately 3% of all visits to the emergency department are due to eye trauma, with the vast majority of these presentations involving corneal i ...
Biosafety guidelines are a set of policies, rules, and procedures necessary to observe by personnel working in various facilities handling mic ...
Low back pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal complaints encountered in clinical practice. It is the leading cause of disability in ...
Ophthalmologic visits account for about 3% of emergency department visits annually. About 38 to 52% of these visits are for ocular trauma. Th ...
Human exposure to hyperbaric pressure occurs while diving and during hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Hypobaric exposures occur on&nb ...
Argyria is an acquired condition caused by the exposure to or ingestion of silver, and it presents with the insidious onset of gray or blue mucocut ...
Ischial bursitis, also known as ischio-gluteal bursitis or "weaver's bottom," is a condition where the bursa that lies between the ischial tuberosi ...
Hydrogen sulfide is a highly flammable, colorless, and toxic gas found naturally in sewage, swamps, manure gas, hot springs, geysers, and volcanoes ...
Ensuring the security, privacy, and protection of patient's healthcare data is critical for all healthcare personnel and institutions. In this ...
Because infection with avian influenza can be particularly deadly in comparison to other viruses, providers may not be aware of the extra caution r ...
Hepatitis is defined as inflammation of the liver that can result from a variety of causes such as heavy alcohol use, autoimmune, drugs, or toxins. ...
Workplace injuries are a major cause of disability and death. The workers' compensation system was developed to provide compensation to workers for ...
Gaseous chlorine is poisonous and classified as a pulmonary irritant. It has intermediate water solubility with the capability of causing acute dam ...
Needlestick injuries are known to occur frequently in healthcare settings and can be serious. In North America, millions of healthcare workers ...
David Vearrier MD, MPH Associate Professor Medical Toxicology Fellowship Director Drexel University College of Medicine FACMT, FAACT, FAAEM Bala Cynwyd PA
Jayshree Chander Chander MD, MPH University of California San Francisco OEM San Francisco CA
Paul S Darby MD, PhD, MPH Clinical Assistant Professor Medical Dir, COHE Alliance of Western WA University of Washington FACOEM, FIAIME, CMLE Tacoma WA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required