Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the ABOM® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Obesity Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the ABOM® Exam.
We have 331 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 92 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Obesity Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Obesity Medicine Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test ABOM® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls obesity prep questions, obesity review questions, and obesity test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Obesity Medicine Examination. 115 authors and 2 editors have contributed to the development of the ABOM® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
ABOM® Exam Overview
How many hours is the ABOM® Exam?
The ABOM® Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the ABOM® Exam?
The ABOM® Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the ABOM® Exam?
Topics include: The overall content of the exam includes: Pediatric and adolescent content - 15%, Adult content - 20%, Content relevant to the entire life cycle - 65%; Test Content Outline: Basic Concepts – 25%, Diagnosis and Evaluation – 30%, Treatment – 40%, and Practice Management – 5%
ABOM® Exam MCQs (331)
Our question bank for the ABOM® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Cardiovascular - 22 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 9 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 204 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 75 questions
- Genetics - 17 questions
- Genitourinary - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 11 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 4 questions
- Infectious - 2 questions
- Integument - 7 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 9 questions
- Nervous - 17 questions
- Nutrition - 85 questions
- Obstetric - 6 questions
- Oncologic - 1 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 23 questions
- Pulmonary - 31 questions
- Renal - 5 questions
- Surgery - 66 questions
- Toxicology - 10 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 37 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 40 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 4 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 154 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 23 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 221 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Causes - 115 questions
- Classification - 19 questions
- Differential - 118 questions
- Epidemiology - 28 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 51 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 88 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 19 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 25 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 28 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 37 questions
- History Physical - 329 questions
- Pathophysiology - 173 questions
- Patient Education - 80 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 174 questions
- Toxicology - 8 questions
- Treatment Medical - 96 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 65 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 5 questions
- Clinical Education - 4 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 32 questions
- Drug Information - 25 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 14 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
ABOM® Exam Articles (92)
The cardiovascular system consists of the heart and blood vessels. There is a wide arra ...
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is a broad term used to cover a spectrum of conditions that are characterized by evidence of hepatic stea ...
Prader Willi syndrome (PWS) is a rare and complex genetic disease, with numerous implications on metabolic, endocrine, neurologic systems, with beh ...
Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is a water-soluble vitamin that is derived from animal products such as red meat, dairy, and eggs. Intrinsic factor is a gl ...
Body image is the subjective picture of individuals of their own body, irrespective of how their body actually looks.
A nutrient is a substance providing nourishment to the body and is necessary for both growth and maintenance. Nutrients can fall into seven groups ...
Despite continuous advances in the medical world, obesity continues to remain a major worldwide health hazard with adult mortality as high as 2.8 m ...
Phentermine and extended-release (ER) topiramate have been used separately in a variety of ways. Phentermine was first introduc ...
The feelings of appetite and satiety involve complex interactions between hormones from the gastrointestinal tract to the hypothalamus an ...
Niacin (a combination of nicotinic acid and nicotinamide), a B vitamin (vitamin B3), is a pharmacotherapeutic agent that has been used since 1955, ...
Restrictive lung diseases are a heterogeneous set of pulmonary disorders defined by restrictive patterns on spirometry. These disorders are charact ...
The number of people with obesity is increasing rapidly on a global scale, and obesity is one of the top causes of preventable death worldwide.
Obesity is associated with multiple medical complications. The prevalence of obesity in the United States has doubled since 1980. Currently, 35% of ...
Dr. Allen and Dr. Hines pioneered and first described lipedema in the 1940s, a common subcutaneous adipose tissue disorder characterized as enlarge ...
J Michael Gonzalez-Campoy MD, PhD Medical Director and CEO MNCOME FACE Eagan MN
Tejas V Joshi MD University of Medicine and Health Sciences, St. Kitts Houston TX
Jonathan Polak MD St. George’s University School of Medicine Belmont NH
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required