Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification, Inc.® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 326 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 197 PubMed indexed review articles related to the CPAN® and CAPA® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Perianesthesia Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Perianesthesia Nurse Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls perianesthesia nurse prep questions, perianesthesia nurse review questions, and perianesthesia nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the CPAN® and CAPA® Examination. 248 authors and 6 editors have contributed to the development of the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Perianesthesia Nurse Exam Overview
How many hours is the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam?
The Perianesthesia Nurse Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam?
The Perianesthesia Nurse Exam is 185 questions.
What topics are covered on the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam?
Topics include: Physiological Needs, Behavioral and Cognitive Needs, and Safety Needs
Perianesthesia Nurse Exam MCQs (326)
Our question bank for the Perianesthesia Nurse Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 6 questions
- Cardiovascular - 36 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 16 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 18 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 51 questions
- Genitourinary - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 3 questions
- Hematologic - 9 questions
- Infectious - 24 questions
- Dermatology - 4 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 36 questions
- Nervous - 88 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 11 questions
- Oncologic - 5 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 12 questions
- Pulmonary - 49 questions
- Renal - 14 questions
- Surgery - 205 questions
- Toxicology - 14 questions
- Trauma - 24 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 29 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 32 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 24 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 11 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 74 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 37 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 114 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 9 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 175 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 17 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 83 questions
- Classification - 27 questions
- Differential - 40 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 6 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 10 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 35 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 18 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 9 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 16 questions
- History Physical - 197 questions
- Legal - 16 questions
- Pathophysiology - 65 questions
- Patient Education - 9 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 103 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Treatment Medical - 150 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 155 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 12 questions
- Clinical Education - 16 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 28 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 38 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 12 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
Perianesthesia Nurse Exam Articles (197)
The purpose of this article is to give an introduction of the gastrointestinal system, provide an outline of basic embryology, summarize the embryo ...
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) physical status classification system came about to offer perioperative clinicians a simple categor ...
Atropine or atropine sulfate carries FDA indications for anti-sialagogue/anti-vagal effect, organophosphate/muscarinic poisoning, and bradycardia.
The history of anesthesia is a relatively recent one; if one begins with the analgesia dentist, Horace Wells, who discovered the used nitrous ...
Inhalation anesthetics (nitrous oxide, halothane, isoflurane, desflurane, sevoflurane, most commonly used agents in practice today) are used for in ...