Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Nurses Credentialing Center®; Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses®; and Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 1,199 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 843 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Med Surg Nursing Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls medical surgical nurse prep questions, medical surgical nurse review questions, and medical surgical nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Med Surg Nursing Examination. 884 authors and 16 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis - 42%, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation - 46%, Professional Role - 12%; Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses - Gastrointestinal: 16-18%, Pulmonary: 15-17%, Cardiovascular/Hematological: 16-18%, Diabetes: 18-20%, and Urological/Kidney: 14-16%, and Musculoskeletal/Neurological/Inegumentary: 15-17%;
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam MCQs (1,199)
Our question bank for the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 314 questions
- Connective Tissue - 11 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 32 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 198 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 225 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 81 questions
- Gynecologic - 19 questions
- Hematologic - 107 questions
- Infectious - 234 questions
- Integument - 87 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 110 questions
- Nervous - 251 questions
- Nutrition - 44 questions
- Obstetric - 14 questions
- Oncologic - 52 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 85 questions
- Pulmonary - 185 questions
- Renal - 92 questions
- Surgery - 199 questions
- Toxicology - 97 questions
- Trauma - 132 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 96 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 81 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 224 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 79 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 352 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 102 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 711 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 47 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1093 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 13 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 32 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 28 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 12 questions
- Causes - 579 questions
- Classification - 74 questions
- Differential - 446 questions
- Epidemiology - 22 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 142 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 283 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 156 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 98 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 133 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 87 questions
- History Physical - 1280 questions
- Legal - 28 questions
- Pathophysiology - 553 questions
- Patient Education - 107 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 658 questions
- Toxicology - 64 questions
- Treatment Medical - 662 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 17 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 20 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 10 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 118 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 56 questions
- Clinical Education - 19 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 143 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 154 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 72 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 19 questions
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Articles (843)
Supplemental oxygen therapy is one of the more commonly prescribed interventions used by physicians when caring for hypoxic patients acutely. This ...
, otherwise called a stroke, is the third major cause of morbidity and mortality in many developed c ...
The diagnosis of cardiac emergencies is one of the most crucial tasks delegated to the emergency physician. The broad differential diagnosis of che ...
Muscle strength testing is an important component of the physical exam that can reveal information about neurologic deficits. It is used to evaluat ...
Chronic liver disease (CLD) is a progressive deterioration of liver functions for more than six months, which includes synthesis of clotting factor ...