Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Nurses Credentialing Center®; Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses®; and Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam.
We have 1,302 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 854 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Med Surg Nursing Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls medical surgical nurse prep questions, medical surgical nurse review questions, and medical surgical nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Med Surg Nursing Examination. 908 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis - 42%, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation - 46%, Professional Role - 12%; Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses - Gastrointestinal: 16-18%, Pulmonary: 15-17%, Cardiovascular/Hematological: 16-18%, Diabetes: 18-20%, and Urological/Kidney: 14-16%, and Musculoskeletal/Neurological/Inegumentary: 15-17%;
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam MCQs (1,302)
Our question bank for the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 39 questions
- Cardiovascular - 336 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 37 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 198 questions
- Eyes - 8 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 269 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 66 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 18 questions
- Hematologic - 130 questions
- Infectious - 259 questions
- Integument - 91 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 114 questions
- Nervous - 213 questions
- Nutrition - 42 questions
- Obstetric - 12 questions
- Oncologic - 46 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 86 questions
- Pulmonary - 215 questions
- Renal - 98 questions
- Surgery - 227 questions
- Toxicology - 110 questions
- Trauma - 125 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 103 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 84 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 234 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 86 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 399 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 116 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 765 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 55 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1168 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 7 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 35 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 27 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 13 questions
- Causes - 619 questions
- Classification - 72 questions
- Differential - 484 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 161 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 322 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 177 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 108 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 130 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 95 questions
- History Physical - 1368 questions
- Legal - 35 questions
- Pathophysiology - 600 questions
- Patient Education - 107 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 706 questions
- Toxicology - 76 questions
- Treatment Medical - 734 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 16 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 21 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 13 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 133 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 63 questions
- Clinical Education - 9 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 164 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 170 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 86 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 16 questions
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Articles (854)
Facial nerve palsies are a common and significant presentation specifically to ear, nose, and throat (ENT) surgeons but also in general medical pra ...
Metoprolol is FDA-approved to treat angina, heart failure, myocardial infarction, atrial fibrillation/flutter, and hypertension. Off-label uses inc ...
A hazardous material (HAZMAT) is a chemical or radioactive substance that can harm an individual and the environment upon exposure. Exposure can ha ...
Magnesium is a mineral that is naturally found in your body and in the food you consume daily. It is responsible for many processes within the body ...
Meteorism is also known as tympanites.] The primary feature of meteorism is an accumulation of ga ...
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is the formation or presence of a thrombus in the deep veins. DVT occurs mostly in the lower extremities and to a&n ...
Blood pressure is a cardinal vital sign that guides both acute and long-term clinical decision-making. Given its importance in directing care, it i ...
Fibrinogen is a 340kDa hexameric plasma glycoprotein synthesized by the liver. There are three different genes on chromosome 4 which encode the syn ...
Tobramycin belongs to the class of broad-spectrum antibiotics known as aminoglycosides. Streptomycin was the first aminoglycoside invented in ...
Metronidazole is one of the mainstay drugs for the treatment of anaerobic bacterial infections, protozoal infections, and microaerophilic bacterial ...
A central venous catheter (CVC) is an indwelling device that is peripherally inserted into a large, central vein (most commonly the internal jugula ...
Sinus tachycardia is a regular cardiac rhythm in which the heart beats faster than normal and results in an increase in cardiac output. While ...
Scabies is a contagious skin condition resulting from the infestation of a mite. The mite burrows within the skin and ca ...
Acute scrotum pain is defined as “the constellation of new-onset pain, swelling, and/or tenderness of the intrascrotal contents.” Patie ...
All healthcare providers, at some point in their career, will be called upon to go beyond medical decision-making and traverse into the realm of me ...
Vivian L Nelson MSN Veterans Health Administration Board Certified Medical Surgical Nurse, ANCC Columbus OH
Beryl A McClelland BS, MSN VA Med Center, OHSU School of Nursing MICN; CLNC Roseburg OR
Teffanie Lene L Repasz MA, BSN St. Joseph Medical Center, WA Port Orchard WA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required