Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Nurses Credentialing Center®; Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses®; and Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$149Subscription per month per user
$359Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,084 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 789 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Med Surg Nursing Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls medical surgical nurse prep questions, medical surgical nurse review questions, and medical surgical nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Med Surg Nursing Examination. 849 authors and 16 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
The Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam?
Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis - 42%, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation - 46%, Professional Role - 12%; Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses - Gastrointestinal: 16-18%, Pulmonary: 15-17%, Cardiovascular/Hematological: 16-18%, Diabetes: 18-20%, and Urological/Kidney: 14-16%, and Musculoskeletal/Neurological/Inegumentary: 15-17%;
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam MCQs (1,084)
Our question bank for the Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 23 questions
- Cardiovascular - 284 questions
- Connective Tissue - 11 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 29 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 181 questions
- Eyes - 6 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 208 questions
- Genetics - 2 questions
- Genitourinary - 79 questions
- Gynecologic - 17 questions
- Hematologic - 100 questions
- Infectious - 211 questions
- Integument - 79 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 106 questions
- Nervous - 233 questions
- Nutrition - 38 questions
- Obstetric - 13 questions
- Oncologic - 49 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 73 questions
- Pulmonary - 171 questions
- Renal - 83 questions
- Surgery - 183 questions
- Toxicology - 86 questions
- Trauma - 119 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 93 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 77 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 200 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 78 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 319 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 96 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 655 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 40 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1004 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 12 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 31 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 23 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 9 questions
- Causes - 523 questions
- Classification - 70 questions
- Differential - 413 questions
- Epidemiology - 18 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 123 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 253 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 141 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 83 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 118 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 73 questions
- History Physical - 1176 questions
- Legal - 23 questions
- Pathophysiology - 496 questions
- Patient Education - 100 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 580 questions
- Toxicology - 59 questions
- Treatment Medical - 601 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 18 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 15 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 11 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 107 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 46 questions
- Clinical Education - 22 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 128 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 139 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 68 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 15 questions
Medical Surgical Nurse Certification Exam Articles (789)
Decorticate posturing is a specific pattern of response shown in neurological and neurosurgical patients in whom the pathological processes have le ...
Splenectomy, a procedure to remove the entire spleen, is performed for a number of indications. It is important to understand the anatomy and physi ...
Subclavian artery trauma requires expedient diagnosis and quick technical skills by the trauma surgeon. Strong knowledge of anatomy will help to au ...
In 1948, Kegel exercises were first described by Arnold Kegel for pelvic floor muscle strengthening. The perineometer, also called the vaginal mano ...
Nosocomial pneumonia or hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) is defined as pneumonia that occurs 48 hours or more after hospital admiss ...