Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Infection Control Nurse Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Infection Control Nurse Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 289 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 164 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Infection Control Nurse Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Infection Control Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Infection Control Nurse Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls infection control nurse prep questions, infection control nurse review questions, and infection control nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Infection Control Nurse Certification Examination. 184 authors and 0 editors have contributed to the development of the Infection Control Nurse Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Infection Control Nurse Exam Overview
How many hours is the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
The Infection Control Nurse Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
The Infection Control Nurse Exam is 135 questions.
What topics are covered on the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
Topics include: Identification of Infectious Disease Processes - 16%, Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation - 18%, Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents - 18%, Employee/Occupational Health - 8%, Management and Communication - 9%, Education and Research - 8%, Environment of Care - 10%, and Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis - 11%
Infection Control Nurse Exam MCQs (289)
Our question bank for the Infection Control Nurse Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 6 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 10 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 2 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 47 questions
- Genitourinary - 9 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 3 questions
- Hematologic - 6 questions
- Infectious - 325 questions
- Integument - 27 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 3 questions
- Nervous - 22 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 50 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 9 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 6 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 20 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 126 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 93 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 29 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 11 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 74 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 188 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 6 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 12 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 89 questions
- Classification - 23 questions
- Differential - 65 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 45 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 57 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 10 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 10 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 10 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 152 questions
- History Physical - 183 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 92 questions
- Patient Education - 34 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 75 questions
- Toxicology - 3 questions
- Treatment Medical - 78 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 6 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 14 questions
- Drug Information - 16 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
Infection Control Nurse Exam Articles (164)
Rickettsia is a group of vector-borne organisms that cause acute febrile illnesses throughout the world.
Gram-negative bacteria (GNB) are among the world's most significant public health problems due to their high resistance to antibiotics. These micro ...
Incision and drainage (I&D) is a widely used procedure in various care settings, including emergency departments and outpatient clinics. I ...
Fluconazole is a member of the triazole family, one of the most widely used antifungal agents. It i ...
An epidural abscess is an infection within the epidural space anywhere in the brain or spinal cord.