Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Infection Control Nurse Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Infection Control Nurse Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 316 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 182 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Infection Control Nurse Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Infection Control Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Infection Control Nurse Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls infection control nurse prep questions, infection control nurse review questions, and infection control nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Infection Control Nurse Certification Examination. 204 authors and 3 editors have contributed to the development of the Infection Control Nurse Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Infection Control Nurse Exam Overview
How many hours is the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
The Infection Control Nurse Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
The Infection Control Nurse Exam is 135 questions.
What topics are covered on the Infection Control Nurse Exam?
Topics include: Identification of Infectious Disease Processes - 16%, Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation - 18%, Preventing/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agents - 18%, Employee/Occupational Health - 8%, Management and Communication - 9%, Education and Research - 8%, Environment of Care - 10%, and Cleaning, Sterilization, Disinfection, Asepsis - 11%
Infection Control Nurse Exam MCQs (316)
Our question bank for the Infection Control Nurse Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 4 questions
- Cardiovascular - 5 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 13 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 3 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 58 questions
- Genitourinary - 14 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 4 questions
- Hematologic - 9 questions
- Infectious - 360 questions
- Integument - 32 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 4 questions
- Nervous - 17 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 49 questions
- Renal - 3 questions
- Surgery - 10 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 8 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 17 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 126 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 100 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 36 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 16 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 87 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 194 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 14 questions
- Causes - 96 questions
- Classification - 30 questions
- Differential - 72 questions
- Epidemiology - 27 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 56 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 69 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 14 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 12 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 12 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 168 questions
- History Physical - 212 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 113 questions
- Patient Education - 30 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 90 questions
- Toxicology - 3 questions
- Treatment Medical - 101 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 7 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 23 questions
- Drug Information - 23 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 5 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Infection Control Nurse Exam Articles (182)
Handwashing practices in the patient care setting began in the early 19th century. The practice evolved over the years with evidential proof of its ...
Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infectious disease caused by the bacterium . In the United States, it is the most ...
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is transmitted sexually, via blood transfusions, sharing intravenous needles, and from the mother to a child dur ...
Scabies is a contagious skin condition resulting from the infestation of a mite. The mite burrows within the skin and ca ...
Medical errors are a serious public health problem and a leading cause of death in the United States. It is challenging to uncover a consistent cau ...