Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to ANCC® Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 1,289 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 336 PubMed indexed review articles related to the PMHNP® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls ANCC® PMHNP® practice questions and ANCC® IQ PMHNP® questions will help you achieve a top score on the PMHNP® Examination. 333 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination Overview
How many hours is the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination?
The ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination is 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination?
The ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination?
Topics include: Scientific Foundation - 20%, Advanced Practice Skills - 25%, Diagnosis and Treatment - 25%, Psychotherapy and Related Theories - 15%, and Ethical and Legal Principles - 15%
ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination MCQs (1,289)
Our question bank for the ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 36 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 5 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 28 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 17 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 6 questions
- Growth and Development - 36 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 4 questions
- Infectious - 7 questions
- Integument - 13 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 24 questions
- Nervous - 232 questions
- Nutrition - 8 questions
- Obstetric - 18 questions
- Oncologic - 5 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1379 questions
- Pulmonary - 10 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 1 questions
- Toxicology - 147 questions
- Trauma - 7 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 13 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 24 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 250 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 5 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 203 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 580 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 683 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 6 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 15 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 23 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 16 questions
- Causes - 424 questions
- Classification - 111 questions
- Differential - 582 questions
- Epidemiology - 67 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 62 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 87 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 49 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 20 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 24 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 35 questions
- History Physical - 1255 questions
- Legal - 18 questions
- Pathophysiology - 454 questions
- Patient Education - 88 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 496 questions
- Toxicology - 132 questions
- Treatment Medical - 689 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 13 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 47 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 1 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 31 questions
- Clinical Education - 7 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 232 questions
- Drug Information - 213 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 98 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 25 questions
ANCC® Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Examination Articles (336)
Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) is a deeply ingrained and rigid dysfunctional thought process that focuses on social irresponsibility with e ...
Bulimia nervosa is a condition that occurs most commonly in adolescent females, characterized by indulgence in binge-eating, and inappropriate comp ...
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone ADH release (SIADH) is a condition defined by the unsuppressed release of antidiuretic hormone ...
Neuroleptic agents, otherwise known as 'antipsychotics,' are a broad category of medications initially developed to treat psychosis arising from a ...