Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the FNP Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB®) and The ANCC® Family Nurse Practitioner Board (FNP-BC®) content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the FNP Exam.
We have 14,100 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 4,364 PubMed indexed review articles related to the FNP-BC® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Family Nurse Practitioner subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test FNP Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls AANP® practice exam questions, FNP practice questions, and AANP® practice exam quiz questions will help you achieve a top score on the FNP-BC® Examination. 3,399 authors and 45 editors have contributed to the development of the FNP Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
FNP Exam Overview
How many hours is the FNP Exam?
The FNP Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the FNP Exam?
The FNP Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the FNP Exam?
Topics include: Assessment - 36%, Diagnosis - 24%, Plan - 23%, and Evaluation - 17%
FNP Exam MCQs (14,100)
Our question bank for the FNP Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 612 questions
- Cardiovascular - 2478 questions
- Connective Tissue - 351 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 799 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1645 questions
- Eyes - 521 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 2164 questions
- Genetics - 337 questions
- Genitourinary - 771 questions
- Growth and Development - 402 questions
- Gynecologic - 688 questions
- Hematologic - 933 questions
- Infectious - 3212 questions
- Integument - 1398 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 1837 questions
- Nervous - 2616 questions
- Nutrition - 402 questions
- Obstetric - 670 questions
- Oncologic - 1079 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1028 questions
- Pulmonary - 1446 questions
- Renal - 776 questions
- Surgery - 643 questions
- Toxicology - 903 questions
- Trauma - 851 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 213 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 117 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 442 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 76 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 1786 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 112 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 3484 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 414 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 4751 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 31 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 73 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 45 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 28 questions
- Causes - 7283 questions
- Classification - 1327 questions
- Differential - 6226 questions
- Epidemiology - 445 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 3142 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 4151 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 878 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 46 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 1945 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 2950 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 503 questions
- History Physical - 14640 questions
- Legal - 86 questions
- Pathophysiology - 7074 questions
- Patient Education - 791 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 6698 questions
- Toxicology - 643 questions
- Treatment Medical - 6779 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 109 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 60 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 27 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 63 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 855 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 106 questions
- Clinical Education - 160 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1458 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 10 questions
- Drug Information - 1514 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 498 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 114 questions
FNP Exam Articles (4,364)
Restrictive lung diseases are a heterogeneous set of pulmonary disorders defined by restrictive patterns on spirometry. These disorders are charact ...
Bronchogenic cysts are foregut-derived cystic malformations of the respiratory tract. They a ...
Herniation occurs when brain tissue is displaced across a structure within the cranium. Subfalcine herniation is the most common form of ...
Costochondritis is a chest wall pain caused by inflammation of the costal cartilages or the area where the ribs meet the sternum, known as sternal ...
Hydrocodone is one of the most common pain medications prescribed by clinicians and one of the most abused by patients. It is a relatively potent d ...
Ultrasound is an imaging modality that has been in clinical use for approximately 50 years. Sokolov first described the potential for using this te ...
Erb palsy, or Erb-Duchenne paralysis, is a paralysis of the arm caused by the injury to the upper group of the main nerves supplying it, specifical ...
Vascular lesions of the head and neck have historically been difficult to identify and diagnose without a biopsy accurately. In the past, the abili ...
Hypospadias is an anatomical congenital malformation of the male external genitalia. It is characterized by abnormal development of the urethral fo ...
Dyspnea, also known as shortness of breath, is a patient's perceived difficulty to breathe. Sensations and intensity can vary and are sub ...
Small for gestational age (SGA) is defined as a birth weight of less than 10th percentile for gestational age.
Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder characterized by persistent hyperglycemia. It may be due to impaired insulin secretion, resi ...
Abdominal hysterectomy was first performed in 1843. Prior attempts at removal of the uterus date back to ancient times, when vaginal hysterectomy w ...
The current International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD) definition of vulvodynia is a vulvar pain of at least three months' ...
Spinal cord injury (SCI) is a serious medical condition, which often results in severe morbidity and permanent disability. It occurs when the axons ...
Danielle L Bollinger BSN, MSN-NLE, FNP-C ARNP, FNP-C Greer SC
Lindsay Curtis MSN, APRN, NP-C Moffitt Cancer Center Tampa FL
Roxene S Riles BSN, MSN, FNPc, PHD Director of Simulation and Learning Lab University of Tampa Gulfport FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required