Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Microbiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the NBME® and NBOME® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Microbiology Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$59Subscription per month per user
$149Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 825 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 485 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Microbiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Microbiology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Microbiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls microbiology practice exam questions, microbiology shelf assessment questions, microbiology practice test questions, and microbiology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Microbiology Examination. 488 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Microbiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Microbiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Microbiology Exam?
Topics include: The Microbiology exam is designed to assess performance at the end of a course, clerkship, or other unit of instruction.
Microbiology Exam MCQs (825)
Our question bank for the Microbiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 18 questions
- Cardiovascular - 22 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 71 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 10 questions
- Eyes - 28 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 189 questions
- Genetics - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 96 questions
- Growth and Development - 4 questions
- Gynecologic - 30 questions
- Hematologic - 25 questions
- Infectious - 959 questions
- Integument - 136 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 40 questions
- Nervous - 96 questions
- Obstetric - 12 questions
- Oncologic - 17 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 98 questions
- Renal - 13 questions
- Surgery - 20 questions
- Toxicology - 14 questions
- Trauma - 19 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 2 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 26 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 31 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 76 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 294 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 350 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 608 questions
- Classification - 63 questions
- Differential - 462 questions
- Epidemiology - 53 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 287 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 365 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 27 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 99 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 92 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 47 questions
- History Physical - 889 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 624 questions
- Patient Education - 15 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 309 questions
- Toxicology - 13 questions
- Treatment Medical - 198 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 21 questions
- Clinical Education - 3 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 65 questions
- Drug Information - 50 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 27 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
Microbiology Exam Articles (485)
A tubo-ovarian abscess (TOA) is a complex infectious mass of the adnexa that forms as a sequela of pelvic inflammatory disease. Classically, a TOA ...
Reactive arthritis (ReA) is inflammatory arthritis that manifests after several days to weeks after a gastrointestinal or genitourinary infection. ...
Maternal morbidity and mortality are global socioeconomic and healthcare burdens, and postpartum infections account for a significant, and oft ...
is a gram-negative intracellular facultative bacterium that is commonly implicated in causing zoonotic infections globally ...
Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a multisystem disorder and the most common genetic disease in the United States, affecting 1 in 500 African Americans. ...