Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 956 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 414 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ASCP® Laboratory Technician Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Laboratory Technician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Medical Laboratory Technician practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the ASCP® Laboratory Technician Exam. 461 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam?
Topics include: Blood Banking: 15-20%, Urinalysis: 5-10%, Chemistry: 20-25%, Hematology: 20-25%, Immunology: 5-10%, Microbiology: 15-20%, and Laboratory Operations: 5-10%
Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam MCQs (956)
Our question bank for the Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 32 questions
- Cardiovascular - 40 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 9 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 98 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 66 questions
- Genetics - 28 questions
- Genitourinary - 65 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 3 questions
- Hematologic - 416 questions
- Infectious - 302 questions
- Integument - 19 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 19 questions
- Nervous - 19 questions
- Nutrition - 8 questions
- Obstetric - 19 questions
- Oncologic - 35 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 3 questions
- Pulmonary - 25 questions
- Renal - 32 questions
- Surgery - 11 questions
- Toxicology - 27 questions
- Trauma - 22 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 21 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 19 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 40 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 9 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 5 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 258 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 303 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 13 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 87 questions
- Classification - 56 questions
- Differential - 100 questions
- Epidemiology - 22 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 174 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 762 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 19 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 68 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 46 questions
- History Physical - 248 questions
- Legal - 11 questions
- Pathophysiology - 202 questions
- Patient Education - 14 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 56 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Treatment Medical - 37 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 5 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 15 questions
- Clinical Education - 8 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 4 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Medical Laboratory Technician Certification Exam Articles (414)
Pseudohyponatremia is an uncommonly encountered laboratory abnormality defined by a serum sodium concentration of less than 135 mEq/L in the settin ...
Multiple myeloma (MM) is a clonal plasma cell proliferative disorder characterized by the abnormal increase of monoclonal immunoglobulins. Unchecke ...
Anemia is a common sign in both inpatient and outpatient settings and is defined as a decrease in the number of circulating red blood cells or ...
The name, ‘western’ blot, was first coined by Dr. Burnette in 1981 after the eponymous southern blot for DNA and consequent coinag ...
The cardiovascular system consists of the heart and blood vessels. There is a wide arra ...