Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,636 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 607 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Laboratory Scientist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Medical Laboratory Scientist questions will help you achieve a top score on the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Examination. 624 authors and 13 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
Topics include: Blood Banking: 17-22%, Urinalysis: 5-10%, Chemistry: 17-22%, Hematology: 17-22%, Immunology: 5-10%, Microbiology: 17-22%, and Laboratory Operation: 5-10%
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam MCQs (1,636)
Our question bank for the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 87 questions
- Cardiovascular - 58 questions
- Connective Tissue - 10 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 17 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 212 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 127 questions
- Genetics - 55 questions
- Genitourinary - 115 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 16 questions
- Hematologic - 696 questions
- Infectious - 542 questions
- Integument - 31 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 41 questions
- Nervous - 34 questions
- Nutrition - 15 questions
- Obstetric - 30 questions
- Oncologic - 62 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 6 questions
- Pulmonary - 64 questions
- Renal - 66 questions
- Surgery - 17 questions
- Toxicology - 50 questions
- Trauma - 35 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 29 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 29 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 60 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 27 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 26 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 397 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 465 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 20 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 261 questions
- Classification - 103 questions
- Differential - 218 questions
- Epidemiology - 46 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 347 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1368 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 43 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 132 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 13 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 84 questions
- History Physical - 565 questions
- Legal - 20 questions
- Pathophysiology - 465 questions
- Patient Education - 19 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 146 questions
- Toxicology - 17 questions
- Treatment Medical - 88 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 12 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 16 questions
- Clinical Education - 18 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 5 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 8 questions
- Drug Information - 9 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 2 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam Articles (607)
Public health officials have ranked the reduction in vaccine-preventable diseases as one of the top 10 public health achievements in the 21 century ...
Bence Jones protein (BJP) was first described in a patient admitted to St. George’s Hospital in London under the care of Drs. Watson and MacI ...
Alcohol misuse has been linked to numerous social, economic, and health problems. Estimates vary but have suggested that up to 40% of patients have ...
Prothrombin time (PT) is one of several blood tests routinely used in clinical practice to evaluate the coagulation status of patients. More specif ...
Cyanocobalamin is a synthetic compound of vitamin B12 used mainly to treat vitamin deficiencies.