Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to ASCP Board of Certification® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam.
We have 1,057 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 424 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Laboratory Scientist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Medical Laboratory Scientist questions will help you achieve a top score on the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Examination. 468 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam Overview
How many hours is the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
The Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam?
Topics include: Blood Banking: 17-22%, Urinalysis: 5-10%, Chemistry: 17-22%, Hematology: 17-22%, Immunology: 5-10%, Microbiology: 17-22%, and Laboratory Operation: 5-10%
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam MCQs (1,057)
Our question bank for the Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 82 questions
- Cardiovascular - 51 questions
- Connective Tissue - 11 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 14 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 157 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 131 questions
- Genetics - 52 questions
- Genitourinary - 55 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 15 questions
- Hematologic - 473 questions
- Infectious - 355 questions
- Integument - 38 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 36 questions
- Nervous - 34 questions
- Nutrition - 17 questions
- Obstetric - 23 questions
- Oncologic - 53 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 75 questions
- Renal - 53 questions
- Surgery - 22 questions
- Toxicology - 23 questions
- Trauma - 31 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 26 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 30 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 61 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 28 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 26 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 392 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 465 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 21 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 3 questions
- Causes - 255 questions
- Classification - 79 questions
- Differential - 192 questions
- Epidemiology - 42 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 227 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 778 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 21 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 53 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 21 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 75 questions
- History Physical - 603 questions
- Legal - 10 questions
- Pathophysiology - 443 questions
- Patient Education - 11 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 147 questions
- Toxicology - 9 questions
- Treatment Medical - 90 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 18 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 17 questions
- Clinical Education - 2 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 18 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 10 questions
- Drug Information - 14 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 5 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 4 questions
Medical Laboratory Scientist Exam Articles (424)
Factor XIII is the last factor in the coagulation cascade with unique chemical properties and physiological functions. The history of the discovery ...
Under physiologic circumstances, the concentration of calcium in the extracellular fluid is maintained within a very narrow range. Normal calcium h ...
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase (NOX) is a multimeric complex composed of enzymes from the NOX family. NOX plays a pivo ...
Cat scratch disease (Cat scratch fever) causes a febrile illness with subacute regional lymphadenopathy. The agent of infection is
Hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn (HDFN), also known as alloimmune HDFN or erythroblastosis fetalis, is caused by the destruction of red b ...
Carrie J Smith BA, MT, ASCP North Colorado Medical Center, Greeley, Colorado Minneapolis MN
Marlon L Bayot MPH, RMT, FRSPH Adjunct Professor; Technical Advisor Adventist University of the Philippines-College of Medicine; Cavite State University-Med Tech Dept. FRSPH Makati City
Bruce E Blanchard PhD University of Connecticut Storrs CT
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required