Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Infectious Disease Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Infectious Disease Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 2,484 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 881 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Infectious Disease Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Infectious Control Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Infectious Disease Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls infection control prep questions, infection control review questions, and infection control test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Infectious Disease Examination. 835 authors and 22 editors have contributed to the development of the Infectious Disease Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Infectious Disease Exam Overview
How many hours is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Infectious Disease Exam?
Topics include: Bacterial Diseases - 27%, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection - 15%, Antimicrobial Therapy - 9%, Viral Diseases - 7%, Travel and Tropical Medicine - 5%, Fungi - 5%, Immunocompromised Host (Non-HIV Infection) - 5%, Vaccinations - 4%, Infection Prevention and Control - 5%, General Internal Medicine, Critical Care, and Surgery - 18%
Infectious Disease Exam MCQs (2,484)
Our question bank for the Infectious Disease Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 108 questions
- Cardiovascular - 143 questions
- Connective Tissue - 47 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 115 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 38 questions
- Eyes - 119 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 459 questions
- Genetics - 12 questions
- Genitourinary - 183 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 48 questions
- Hematologic - 150 questions
- Infectious - 2645 questions
- Integument - 331 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 152 questions
- Nervous - 389 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 66 questions
- Oncologic - 66 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 17 questions
- Pulmonary - 475 questions
- Renal - 84 questions
- Surgery - 77 questions
- Toxicology - 84 questions
- Trauma - 44 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 9 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 11 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 36 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 79 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 309 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 554 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 804 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 1237 questions
- Classification - 139 questions
- Differential - 1479 questions
- Epidemiology - 149 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 993 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1166 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 140 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 10 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 397 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 657 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 152 questions
- History Physical - 2541 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1237 questions
- Patient Education - 61 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1300 questions
- Toxicology - 76 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1371 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 136 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 15 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 369 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 265 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 124 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 22 questions
Infectious Disease Exam Articles (881)
A mycotic aneurysm is dilation of an arterial wall due to infection. The term "mycotic" was coined by Willaim Osler in his
Mebendazole is a typical, broad-spectrum benzimidazole used for more than 40 years in humans to treat various parasitic infestations. It has F ...
Animal bites account for approximately one percent of all emergency department (ED) visits in the U.S. yearly and range from superficial injuries t ...
Gram-negative bacteria (GNB) are among the most significant public health problems in the world due to the high resistance to antibiotics. The ...
is a cause of non-falciparum malaria infection. Non-falciparum malaria is due to infection caused by