Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Infectious Disease Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Internal Medicine® and Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Infectious Disease Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$199Subscription per month per user
$499Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 2,510 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 890 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Infectious Disease Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Infectious Control Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Infectious Disease Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls infection control prep questions, infection control review questions, and infection control test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Infectious Disease Examination. 856 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Infectious Disease Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Infectious Disease Exam Overview
How many hours is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Infectious Disease Exam?
Topics include: Bacterial Diseases - 27%, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection - 15%, Antimicrobial Therapy - 9%, Viral Diseases - 7%, Travel and Tropical Medicine - 5%, Fungi - 5%, Immunocompromised Host (Non-HIV Infection) - 5%, Vaccinations - 4%, Infection Prevention and Control - 5%, General Internal Medicine, Critical Care, and Surgery - 18%
Infectious Disease Exam MCQs (2,510)
Our question bank for the Infectious Disease Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 104 questions
- Cardiovascular - 145 questions
- Connective Tissue - 43 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 116 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 39 questions
- Eyes - 115 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 468 questions
- Genetics - 11 questions
- Genitourinary - 187 questions
- Growth and Development - 6 questions
- Gynecologic - 42 questions
- Hematologic - 153 questions
- Infectious - 2673 questions
- Integument - 312 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 149 questions
- Nervous - 406 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 62 questions
- Oncologic - 67 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 15 questions
- Pulmonary - 482 questions
- Renal - 81 questions
- Surgery - 78 questions
- Toxicology - 84 questions
- Trauma - 43 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 12 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 9 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 32 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 70 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 297 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 7 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 557 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 3 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 796 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 1237 questions
- Classification - 132 questions
- Differential - 1527 questions
- Epidemiology - 146 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 1021 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1172 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 148 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 11 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 383 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 683 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 157 questions
- History Physical - 2543 questions
- Legal - 4 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1230 questions
- Patient Education - 61 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1285 questions
- Toxicology - 73 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1380 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 137 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 18 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 347 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 248 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 116 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 21 questions
Infectious Disease Exam Articles (890)
Herpes simplex ophthalmicus (HSO) is caused by the neurotropic herpes simplex virus type 1 and type 2 and affects all the structures of the eye. Pr ...
The hepatitis A virus (HAV) is a common infectious etiology of acute hepatitis worldwide. HAV is most commonly transmitted through the oral-fecal r ...
Ciprofloxacin was patented in 1983 by Bayer A.G. and approved in 1987 by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA).
is a common and potentially lethal opportunistic pneumonia-causing fungus in immunocompromised patients.
is a metastrongyloid nematode that is one of the most common pathogens to cause eosinophilic meningi ...