Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Hospice and Palliative Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The American Board of Surgery®, The American Board of Internal Medicine®, The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology®, The American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Hospice and Palliative Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 265 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 119 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Hospice and Palliative Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Hospice Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Hospice and Palliative Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls hospice and palliative care prep questions, hospice and palliative care review questions, and hospice and palliative care test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Hospice and Palliative Examination. 152 authors and 2 editors have contributed to the development of the Hospice and Palliative Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Hospice and Palliative Exam Overview
How many hours is the Hospice and Palliative Exam?
The Hospice and Palliative Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the Hospice and Palliative Exam?
The Hospice and Palliative Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Hospice and Palliative Exam?
Topics include: Prognostication and Natural History of Complex Illness - 10%, Comprehensive Whole-Patient Assessment - 20%, Managing Suffering, and Distress - 40%, Palliative Care Emergencies - 2%, Medical Interventions - 6%, Impending Death - 2%, Communications Skills - 2%, Grief, Loss, and Bereavement - 3%, Interdisciplinary Teamwork - 2%, Quality and Compliance - 2%, and Ethical and Legal Aspects of Care - 7%
Hospice and Palliative Exam MCQs (265)
Our question bank for the Hospice and Palliative Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Cardiovascular - 28 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 3 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 6 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 46 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 2 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 3 questions
- Infectious - 11 questions
- Integument - 6 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 9 questions
- Nervous - 58 questions
- Nutrition - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 123 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 34 questions
- Pulmonary - 54 questions
- Renal - 13 questions
- Surgery - 8 questions
- Toxicology - 20 questions
- Trauma - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 27 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 15 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 18 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 69 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 128 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 34 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 208 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 23 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 32 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 14 questions
- Causes - 52 questions
- Classification - 24 questions
- Differential - 78 questions
- Epidemiology - 7 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 22 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 21 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 22 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 10 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 23 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 13 questions
- History Physical - 261 questions
- Legal - 23 questions
- Pathophysiology - 66 questions
- Patient Education - 32 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 171 questions
- Toxicology - 16 questions
- Treatment Medical - 152 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 6 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 16 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 42 questions
- Clinical Education - 1 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 55 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 5 questions
- Drug Information - 37 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 37 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Hospice and Palliative Exam Articles (119)
Peripheral neuropathy (PN) encompasses a broad range of clinical pathologies potentially presenting with peripheral nervous system dysfunction.
The true beginning of the concept of a pacemaker began over 200 years ago. In the late 1700s, Luigi Galvani discovered that he could caus ...
Opioids and opiates together comprise a class of medications widely used primarily to control severe pain. The first-line drugs for mild to moderat ...
Superior vena cava (SVC) syndrome is a collection of clinical signs and symptoms resulting from either partial or complete obstruction of blood flo ...
Cachexia is a significant loss of muscle and adipose tissue. It occurs in patients with advanced cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, chr ...