Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Gastroenterology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Internal Medicine® and Osteopathic Board of Internal Medical® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Gastroenterology Exam.
We have 2,440 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 911 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Gastroenterologist Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Gastroenterologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Gastroenterology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls gastroenterology prep questions, gastroenterology review questions, and gastroenterology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Gastroenterologist Exam. 874 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Gastroenterology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Gastroenterology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Gastroenterology Exam?
The Gastroenterology Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Gastroenterology Exam?
The Gastroenterology Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Gastroenterology Exam?
Topics include: Esophagus - 11%, Stomach and Duodenum - 15%, Liver - 25%, Biliary Tract - 10%, Pancreas - 11%, Small Intestine - 10%, and Colon - 18%
Gastroenterology Exam MCQs (2,440)
Our question bank for the Gastroenterology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 89 questions
- Cardiovascular - 171 questions
- Connective Tissue - 30 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 35 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 188 questions
- Eyes - 27 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 2493 questions
- Genetics - 100 questions
- Genitourinary - 33 questions
- Growth and Development - 17 questions
- Gynecologic - 15 questions
- Hematologic - 166 questions
- Infectious - 454 questions
- Integument - 102 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 51 questions
- Nervous - 100 questions
- Nutrition - 117 questions
- Obstetric - 35 questions
- Oncologic - 484 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 33 questions
- Pulmonary - 73 questions
- Renal - 51 questions
- Surgery - 340 questions
- Toxicology - 123 questions
- Trauma - 29 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 38 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 29 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 9 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 213 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 12 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 687 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 7 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 798 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 5 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 1107 questions
- Classification - 216 questions
- Differential - 1135 questions
- Epidemiology - 69 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 768 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1019 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 141 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 52 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 740 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 872 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 37 questions
- History Physical - 2406 questions
- Legal - 4 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1272 questions
- Patient Education - 76 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1371 questions
- Toxicology - 95 questions
- Treatment Medical - 924 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 5 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 26 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 436 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 6 questions
- Clinical Education - 27 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 173 questions
- Drug Information - 176 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 79 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 19 questions
Gastroenterology Exam Articles (911)
Colonoscopy is a diagnostic as well as a therapeutic procedure performed to evaluate the large intestine (i.e., colon, rectum, and anus) as well as ...
The most prevalent cause of infectious esophagitis is esophageal candidiasis. Of patients that have infectious esophagitis, 88% are from Candida al ...
Collagen is protein molecules made up of amino acids. It provides structural support to the extracellular space of connective tissues. Due to its r ...
Thoracic trauma accounts for up to 35% of trauma-related deaths in the United States and encompasses a broad range of injuries that can cause ...
Cholangiocarcinoma originally referred to intrahepatic bile duct cancer. However, the term currently includes intrahepatic, perihilar, an ...
Fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma (FL-HCC) is a rare cancer of the liver and it displays features that make it very different in its behavior ...
Vitamin K refers to a group of fat-soluble compounds. There are several vitamin K-dependent proteins involved in coagulation, bone development, and ...
There is a consensus among all clinical specialties that the fat content of the average diet should be lowered to decrease the risk of cardiovascul ...
The gastrointestinal (GI) tract is the most frequent site in the body for several types of abnormal blood vessels, which represent irregularities i ...
The pancreas is a retroperitoneal gland that facilitates digestion and metabolism. The pancreatic head and uncinate process adjoin the duodenal cur ...
Grey Turner’s sign is an uncommon subcutaneous manifestation of intra-abdominal pathology that manifests as ecchymosis or discoloration of th ...
Acute liver failure (ALF) is a rare and often heterogeneous presentation of severe liver dysfunction in a patient with otherwise no pre-existing li ...
Gastric cancer is the fifth most frequently diagnosed cancer and the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide, albeit there has been a global ...
Alkaline phosphatases are a group of isoenzymes, located on the outer layer of the cell membrane; they catalyze the hydrolysis of organic phos ...
Adenocarcinoma is a malignant neoplasm arising from epithelial cells of the glands or glandular like structures. Adenocarcinoma can arise in multip ...
Truptesh H Kothari MD, MS Assist Dir, Interventional Endoscopist University of Rochester Med Center ABIM - Internal Medicine, ABIM - Gastroenterology Rochester NY
Silvio W de Melo Jr. MD Assistant Professor Dir of Endoscopy, Program Dir GI Fellow Un of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville FL
Vittorio Giuliano MD Research grant Dr Vendsyssel hospital - Hospital of Perugia Hjørring
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required