Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the EMS Board Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Emergency Medicine®, Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine®, and NAEMSP® Board Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the EMS Board Certification Exam.
We have 1,036 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 480 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMS Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test EMS Board Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls emergency medicine EMS prep questions, emergency medicine EMS review questions, and emergency medicine EMS test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. 519 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the EMS Board Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
EMS Board Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the EMS Board Certification Exam?
Topics include: Clinical Aspects of EMS Medicine, Medical Oversight of EMS, Quality Management and Research, and Special Operations,
EMS Board Certification Exam MCQs (1,036)
Our question bank for the EMS Board Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 15 questions
- Cardiovascular - 201 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 57 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 29 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 28 questions
- Genitourinary - 19 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 12 questions
- Infectious - 53 questions
- Integument - 41 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 124 questions
- Nervous - 128 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 4 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 43 questions
- Pulmonary - 210 questions
- Renal - 16 questions
- Surgery - 25 questions
- Toxicology - 143 questions
- Trauma - 587 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 129 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 38 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 88 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 49 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 9 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 336 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 33 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 464 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 88 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 240 questions
- Classification - 186 questions
- Differential - 305 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 113 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 71 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 64 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 58 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 101 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 118 questions
- History Physical - 849 questions
- Legal - 104 questions
- Pathophysiology - 289 questions
- Patient Education - 17 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 411 questions
- Toxicology - 79 questions
- Treatment Medical - 366 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 4 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 416 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 49 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 63 questions
- Clinical Education - 19 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 37 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 37 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 20 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
EMS Board Certification Exam Articles (480)
Drowning is defined as a process of experiencing respiratory impairment from submersion/immersion in a liquid medium. To delineate the incident's o ...
Broadly defined, the scope of practice defines the healthcare services that a pre-hospital provider is authorized to perform by virtue of professio ...
Healthcare systems are supply constrained systems with unpredictable and fluctuating levels of demand. When the level of demand outpaces the availa ...
Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) are abnormal fistulas between arteries and veins without an intervening capillary bed. High arterial flow direct ...
Angina, or chest pain, is the most common symptom of ischemic heart disease, which is a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Chest pai ...
Informed consent is the process in which a health care provider educates a patient about the risks, benefits, and alternatives of a given procedure ...
Ingestion of the unripened Ackee fruit (may result in the metabolic syndrome known as "Jamaican vomiting sickness." C ...
A laceration is a pattern of injury in which blunt forces result in a tear in the skin and underlying tissues. Lacerations in the scalp are differe ...
Non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU), inflammation of the urethra, is the most common sexually transmitted illness in men. Urethritis can be infectious ...
Brain abscess is a focal area of necrosis with a surrounding membrane within the brain parenchyma, usually resulting from an infectious process or ...
Disasters can occur at any time and preparation is essential. In the 1970s a series of forest fires produced significant morbidity, mortality ...
Emergency medical services (EMS) personnel continue to be the first-line responders in dealing with the majority out of hospital emergencies includ ...
Water toxicity can occur due to numerous etiologies but is challenging to diagnose as it presents with vague symptoms of altered men ...
Heart failure is a complex clinical syndrome that results from any functional or structural heart disorder, impairing ventricular filling or ejecti ...
Acute abdomen is a condition that demands urgent attention and treatment. The acute abdomen may be caused by an infection, inflammation, vascular o ...
Michael K Levy MD Associate Professor University of Alaska Eagle River AK
Derrel D Graham MD Professor Vice Chair Louisiana State Un Health Sci Center EM, EMS, FACEP, FAAEM Shreveport LA
John Pi MD Assistant Associate Professor George Washington University FACEP Vienna VA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required