Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the EMS Board Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Board of Emergency Medicine®, Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine®, and NAEMSP® Board Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the EMS Board Certification Exam.
We have 1,037 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 483 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMS Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test EMS Board Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls emergency medicine EMS prep questions, emergency medicine EMS review questions, and emergency medicine EMS test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Emergency Medical Services Board Certification Examination. 525 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the EMS Board Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
EMS Board Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the EMS Board Certification Exam?
The EMS Board Certification Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the EMS Board Certification Exam?
Topics include: Clinical Aspects of EMS Medicine, Medical Oversight of EMS, Quality Management and Research, and Special Operations,
EMS Board Certification Exam MCQs (1,037)
Our question bank for the EMS Board Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 16 questions
- Cardiovascular - 201 questions
- Connective Tissue - 2 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 57 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 28 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 28 questions
- Genitourinary - 20 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 12 questions
- Infectious - 54 questions
- Integument - 41 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 124 questions
- Nervous - 128 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 17 questions
- Oncologic - 4 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 43 questions
- Pulmonary - 211 questions
- Renal - 16 questions
- Surgery - 25 questions
- Toxicology - 143 questions
- Trauma - 588 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 129 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 38 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 90 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 50 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 9 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 339 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 33 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 471 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 89 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 5 questions
- Causes - 239 questions
- Classification - 186 questions
- Differential - 306 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 114 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 72 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 64 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 58 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 102 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 120 questions
- History Physical - 852 questions
- Legal - 104 questions
- Pathophysiology - 290 questions
- Patient Education - 17 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 414 questions
- Toxicology - 79 questions
- Treatment Medical - 368 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 4 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 417 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 50 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 63 questions
- Clinical Education - 19 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 38 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 38 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 20 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
EMS Board Certification Exam Articles (483)
Dengue is a mosquito-transmitted virus and the leading cause of arthropod-borne viral disease in the world. It is also known as breakbone feve ...
The term "polytrauma" is used frequently in trauma practice and literature. It refers to multiple injuries that involve multiple organs or systems. ...
Emergency preparedness encompasses the planning and response to disasters. A disaster is defined by the World Health Organization (WHO) a ...
Lightning is a frequent occurrence worldwide with an estimated 50 occurrences per second and 20% of those resulting in ground strikes.&nb ...
Alcohol-induced toxicity leads to non-ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy characterized by loss of contractile function and dilatation of myocardial ve ...
The glenohumeral joint is a complex joint that lacks innate stability; the humeral head relies heavily on the ligaments of the shoulder and the rot ...
In the United States, trauma remains the leading cause of death in those less than 44 years of age, and for those older than 45, trauma is one of t ...
Almost on a weekly basis, there are reports of an active shooter in the workplace. There was a time when it was thought that an active s ...
Altitude-related conditions can range from mild and discomforting to severe and life-threatening. Acute mountain sickness (AMS) is a common en ...
Unstable angina falls along a spectrum under the umbrella term acute coronary syndrome. This public health issue that daily affects a large portion ...
Diving using an underwater breathing apparatus (UBA) of any type involves inspiration of compressed gas by the diver at pressures above normal surf ...
The antiarrhythmic medications have typically been categorized according to the Vaughan-Williams (VW) classification system. The system classifies ...
The World Health Organization defines dehydration as a condition that results from excessive loss of body water. The most common causes of dehydrat ...
Field intubation is the placement of an advanced airway or endotracheal tube (ET) by emergency medical services (EMS) personnel outside the hospita ...
Heart failure is a growing public health problem and is now the most common cause of hospitalizations in the U.S. among patients 65 years and older ...
Michael K Levy MD Associate Professor University of Alaska Eagle River AK
Derrel D Graham MD Professor Vice Chair Louisiana State Un Health Sci Center EM, EMS, FACEP, FAAEM Shreveport LA
John Pi MD Assistant Associate Professor George Washington University FACEP Vienna VA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required