Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 354 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 176 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AEMT® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical EMT AEMT ®Intermediate subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls EMT intermediate questions, EMT A questions will help you achieve a top score on the AEMT® Examination. 210 authors and 2 editors have contributed to the development of the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 2.25 hours.
How many questions is the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
The NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam is 135 questions.
What topics are covered on the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam?
Topics include: Airway, Respiration & Ventilation: 18-22%, Cardiology & Resuscitation: 21-25%, Trauma: 14-18%, Medical; Obstetrics & Gynecology: 26-30%, and EMS Operations: 11-15%
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam MCQs (354)
Our question bank for the NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 6 questions
- Cardiovascular - 74 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 20 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 10 questions
- Eyes - 4 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 6 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 2 questions
- Dermatology - 12 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 39 questions
- Nervous - 47 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 8 questions
- Oncologic - 1 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 10 questions
- Pulmonary - 66 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Toxicology - 26 questions
- Trauma - 226 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 55 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 14 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 38 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 13 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 8 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 171 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 6 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 219 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 41 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 4 questions
- Causes - 50 questions
- Classification - 37 questions
- Differential - 72 questions
- Epidemiology - 7 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 6 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 6 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 13 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 4 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 44 questions
- History Physical - 250 questions
- Legal - 38 questions
- Pathophysiology - 62 questions
- Patient Education - 5 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 109 questions
- Toxicology - 12 questions
- Treatment Medical - 87 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 256 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 3 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 27 questions
- Clinical Education - 7 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 5 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
NREMT® Intermediate Certification Exam Articles (176)
Blood pressure is a cardinal vital sign that guides acute and long-term clinical decision-making. Given its importance in directing care, measuring ...
Orthostatic hypotension, also called postural hypotension, is a drop in blood pressure on standing to a certain extent. It hampers the quality ...
Scene safety and body substance isolation (BSI) are some of the first phrases taught to EMTs to consider before every scenario. “Scene is saf ...
Spinal immobilization with a backboard and cervical collar for patients with suspected spine injury became common practice in the 1960s. This decis ...
Bag valve mask ventilation is a skill of utmost important for emergency providers. It is not easy and requires practice to master as it will be uti ...