Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Dermatology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME®, USMLE®, NBOME®, and COMLEX® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Dermatology Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 1,223 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 454 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Dermatology examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Dermatology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Dermatology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls dermatology practice exam questions, Dermatology shelf assessment questions, dermatology practice test questions, and dermatology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Dermatology examination. 420 authors and 12 editors have contributed to the development of the Dermatology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Dermatology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Dermatology Exam?
Topics include: The Dermatology examination is designed for end-of-course or end-of-clinical rotation/clerkship assessment for medical students. This examination preparation emphasizes core knowledge and elements of principles and practice in the discipline of Dermatology Medicine that are essential for a pre-doctoral medical student.
Dermatology Exam MCQs (1,223)
Our question bank for the Dermatology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 128 questions
- Cardiovascular - 22 questions
- Connective Tissue - 49 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 47 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 30 questions
- Eyes - 31 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 46 questions
- Genetics - 27 questions
- Genitourinary - 56 questions
- Growth and Development - 12 questions
- Gynecologic - 34 questions
- Hematologic - 31 questions
- Infectious - 448 questions
- Integument - 1255 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 58 questions
- Nervous - 61 questions
- Nutrition - 21 questions
- Obstetric - 29 questions
- Oncologic - 131 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 22 questions
- Pulmonary - 30 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 34 questions
- Toxicology - 36 questions
- Trauma - 13 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 16 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 114 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 258 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 344 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 588 questions
- Classification - 97 questions
- Differential - 715 questions
- Epidemiology - 50 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 259 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 190 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 32 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 157 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 33 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 17 questions
- History Physical - 1293 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 598 questions
- Patient Education - 80 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 447 questions
- Toxicology - 30 questions
- Treatment Medical - 476 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 69 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 96 questions
- Drug Information - 96 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 36 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 4 questions
Dermatology Exam Articles (454)
Present in most primates, nails are unique features that serve many functions. They consist of compact, translucent, keratinized cells overlying th ...
Latex comes from a sap found in rubber trees, which is used to make many products we use today.
Oral mucositis is a severely debilitating condition. It can occur due to radiation therapy (RT) to the head and neck, chemotherapeutic agents, high ...
Acne fulminans or acne maligna is a rare skin disorder presenting as an acute, painful, ulcerating, and hemorrhagic clinical form of acne. It ...
Allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) is a type 4 or delayed-type hypersensitivity response (DTH) by an individual’s immune system to a small mol ...
2-octyl cyanoacrylate is one of the most commonly used, commercially-available wound adhesives. It received initial approval in 1998 as an alternat ...
Tinea corporis is a superficial fungal skin infection of the body caused by dermatophytes. Tinea corporis is present worldwide. It is defined expli ...
Sturge-Weber syndrome (SWS) is a neurocutaneous syndrome characterized by angiomas involving the face, choroid, and leptomeninges. The facial capil ...
Bullosis diabeticorum (BD), also known as diabetic bullae or bullous eruption of diabetes mellitus, is a specific type of skin lesion occurring in ...
Malar rash, also named a butterfly rash, is a common facial presentation of multiple disorders.&nbs ...
Imiquimod is FDA-approved for the treatment of external anogenital warts, actinic keratoses, and superficial basal cell carcinomas. Imiquimod&rsquo ...
Pemphigus is a group of vesiculobullous autoimmune diseases. The most common type of pemphigus is pemphigus vulgaris, characterized by mucocutaneou ...
Neurofibromatosis-1 (NF-1) or Von Recklinghausen disease is one of the inheritable neurocutaneous disorders manifested by developmental changes in ...
Angular cheilitis (AC) is a descriptive diagnosis for an inflammatory skin process of varied etiology occurring at the labial commissure – th ...
Erythema infectiosum is a common viral exanthem illness found in children. It is also known as “fifth disease” as it is 1 of the 6 most ...
Sidharth Sonthalia MD, DNB, MNAMS, FISD Private Practice Senior Consultant SKINNOCENCE: The Skin Clinic FISD Gurugram
Talel Badri MD Associate Professor University of Tunis El Manar Tunis
Patrick M Zito DO, PharmD Voluntary Assistant Professor University of Miami; Miller School of Medicine FASCP, FRSPH Fort Lauderdale FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required