Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Dermatology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME® and NBOME® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Dermatology Exam.
We have 1,232 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 463 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Dermatology examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Dermatology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Dermatology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls dermatology practice exam questions, Dermatology shelf assessment questions, dermatology practice test questions, and dermatology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Dermatology examination. 435 authors and 10 editors have contributed to the development of the Dermatology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Dermatology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Dermatology Exam?
Topics include: The Dermatology examination is designed for end-of-course or end-of-clinical rotation/clerkship assessment for medical students. This examination preparation emphasizes core knowledge and elements of principles and practice in the discipline of Dermatology Medicine that are essential for a pre-doctoral medical student.
Dermatology Exam MCQs (1,232)
Our question bank for the Dermatology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 132 questions
- Cardiovascular - 26 questions
- Connective Tissue - 56 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 43 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 36 questions
- Eyes - 31 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 48 questions
- Genetics - 26 questions
- Genitourinary - 51 questions
- Growth and Development - 11 questions
- Gynecologic - 31 questions
- Hematologic - 37 questions
- Infectious - 432 questions
- Integument - 1274 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 58 questions
- Nervous - 60 questions
- Nutrition - 20 questions
- Obstetric - 29 questions
- Oncologic - 138 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 22 questions
- Pulmonary - 32 questions
- Renal - 11 questions
- Surgery - 34 questions
- Toxicology - 40 questions
- Trauma - 15 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 15 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 16 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 120 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 279 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 373 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 586 questions
- Classification - 99 questions
- Differential - 743 questions
- Epidemiology - 53 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 259 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 197 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 29 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 163 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 39 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 17 questions
- History Physical - 1302 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 596 questions
- Patient Education - 84 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 462 questions
- Toxicology - 35 questions
- Treatment Medical - 489 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 67 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 101 questions
- Drug Information - 96 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 34 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 4 questions
Dermatology Exam Articles (463)
Pimecrolimus cream is an FDA-approved topical calcineurin inhibitor (TCI) to treat mild-moderate atopic d ...
Epithelial cells make up primary tissues throughout the body. There are many arrangements of epithelial cells such as squamous, cuboidal, and colum ...
The structural, or pilosebaceous, unit of a hair follicle consists of the hair follicle itself with an attached sebaceous gland and arrector pili m ...
Pityriasis versicolor, also known as tinea versicolor, is a frequent, benign, superficial fungal infection of the skin. It belongs to Malassezia-re ...
Keratosis pilaris is among the most common dermatologic conditions and can be considered a normal variant. It is the most common follicular keratos ...
Imiquimod is FDA-approved for the treatment of external anogenital warts, actinic keratoses, and superficial basal cell carcinomas. Imiquimod&rsquo ...
Contact dermatitis is an inflammatory eczematous skin disease. It is caused by chemicals or metal ions that exert toxic effects without inducing a ...
Tarantulas are well known to be the largest spiders in the world. Contrary to popular belief ...
Selenium is a trace mineral that exists in minimal concentrations in the body but can play an important role in human health. Food sources high in ...
Cosmeceuticals have undoubtedly taken over the personal care industry across the globe. Despite the prevalent confusion about its definition and sc ...
Hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) is a common viral illness usually affecting infants and children but can affect adults. The infection usu ...
Although not a new class of antimicrobials, aminoglycosides have continued to prove their clinical value in fighting infections. Aminoglycosid ...
Peutz-Jeghers syndrome (PJS) is a hereditary cancer syndrome characterized by gastrointestinal (GI) polyposis, mucocutaneous pigmented macules, and ...
The term “bug bite” is commonly used to denote both bites and stings inflicted by members of the phylum Arthropoda. Arthropods ma ...
Sidharth Sonthalia MD, DNB, MNAMS, FISD Private Practice Senior Consultant SKINNOCENCE: The Skin Clinic FISD Gurugram
Talel Badri MD Associate Professor University of Tunis El Manar Tunis
Patrick M Zito DO, PharmD Voluntary Assistant Professor University of Miami; Miller School of Medicine FASCP, FRSPH Fort Lauderdale FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required