Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Dermatology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME® and NBOME® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Dermatology Exam.
We have 1,248 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 457 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Dermatology examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Dermatology Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Dermatology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls dermatology practice exam questions, Dermatology shelf assessment questions, dermatology practice test questions, and dermatology shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Dermatology examination. 423 authors and 12 editors have contributed to the development of the Dermatology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Dermatology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Dermatology Exam?
The Dermatology Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Dermatology Exam?
Topics include: The Dermatology examination is designed for end-of-course or end-of-clinical rotation/clerkship assessment for medical students. This examination preparation emphasizes core knowledge and elements of principles and practice in the discipline of Dermatology Medicine that are essential for a pre-doctoral medical student.
Dermatology Exam MCQs (1,248)
Our question bank for the Dermatology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 133 questions
- Cardiovascular - 23 questions
- Connective Tissue - 49 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 47 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 31 questions
- Eyes - 31 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 50 questions
- Genetics - 27 questions
- Genitourinary - 56 questions
- Growth and Development - 12 questions
- Gynecologic - 34 questions
- Hematologic - 31 questions
- Infectious - 450 questions
- Integument - 1279 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 58 questions
- Nervous - 61 questions
- Nutrition - 21 questions
- Obstetric - 29 questions
- Oncologic - 136 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 22 questions
- Pulmonary - 30 questions
- Renal - 9 questions
- Surgery - 34 questions
- Toxicology - 38 questions
- Trauma - 13 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 8 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 16 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 121 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 273 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 365 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 598 questions
- Classification - 101 questions
- Differential - 737 questions
- Epidemiology - 51 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 268 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 201 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 32 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 165 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 34 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 17 questions
- History Physical - 1318 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 612 questions
- Patient Education - 81 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 460 questions
- Toxicology - 32 questions
- Treatment Medical - 484 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 69 questions
- Clinical Education - 6 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 101 questions
- Drug Information - 97 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 36 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 4 questions
Dermatology Exam Articles (457)
The term "blue nevus" describes a group of skin lesions characterized by dermal proliferation of melanocytes presenting as blue to black nodul ...
Tetracyclines are a class of broad-spectrum antibiotics used in the management and treatment of a variety of infectious diseases. Naturally oc ...
Blistering distal dactylitis (BDD) is a localized bacterial infection manifesting as fluid-filled lesions over the fingers especially in children. ...
Mosquitoes are the insect that causes the most insect bites worldwide. Belonging to the family, they are naturally occurring eve ...
Riboflavin, vitamin B2, is a water-soluble and heat-stable vitamin that the body uses to metabolize fats, protein, and carbohydrates into glucose f ...
Hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) is a common viral illness usually affecting infants and children but can affect adults. The infection usu ...
Behcet disease was first described in 1937 by Hulusi Behçet from Istanbul, who described three patients with oral and genital ulceratio ...
A broad spectrum of hand infections is commonly encountered by hand surgeons, primary care physicians, and emergency medicine practitioners.
Tarantulas are well known to be the largest spiders in the world. Contrary to popular belief ...
Chloracne is an acneiform eruption caused by exposure to halogenated aromatic compounds. Dioxin is recognized as the most significant environmental ...
A dysplastic nevus is also referred to as an atypical or Clark’s nevus and has been the topic of much debate in the fields of dermatology and ...
Psoriasis is a common chronic inflammatory condition of the skin, which also has nails and systemic involvement. Psoriatic involvement of the nail ...
Most primary care physicians and nurse practitioners will encounter patients with a food allergy. Food items that account for 90% of hyp ...
Candidiasis is an opportunistic infection caused by Candida, a type of fungi. Fungi are eukaryotic organisms found in the form ...
Adiposis dolorosa is a rare disorder of multiple painful subcutaneous growths of adipose tissue. It is also known as Dercum disease, Ander syndrome ...
Sidharth Sonthalia MD, DNB, MNAMS, FISD Private Practice Senior Consultant SKINNOCENCE: The Skin Clinic FISD Gurugram
Talel Badri MD Associate Professor University of Tunis El Manar Tunis
Patrick M Zito DO, PharmD Voluntary Assistant Professor University of Miami; Miller School of Medicine FASCP, FRSPH Fort Lauderdale FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required