Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Critical Care Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the The American Board of Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Critical Care Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$199Subscription per month per user
$499Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 2,177 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,157 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Critical Care Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Critical Care Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Critical Care Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls critical care prep questions, critical care review questions, and critical care test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Critical Care Examination. 1,138 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Critical Care Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Critical Care Exam Overview
How many hours is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 5-8 hours.
How many questions is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 200-240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Critical Care Exam?
Topics include: Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolic - 15%, Cardiovascular - 17.5%, Pulmonary - 20%, ID - 12%, GI - 5%, Neurologic - 9.5%, Hem/Onc - 5.5%, Surgery and Trauma - 7%, Pharmacology - 4.5%, Research and Ethics - 2%, and CC Ultrasound - 2%
Critical Care Exam MCQs (2,177)
Our question bank for the Critical Care Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 61 questions
- Cardiovascular - 756 questions
- Connective Tissue - 21 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 87 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 210 questions
- Eyes - 14 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 302 questions
- Genetics - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 43 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 5 questions
- Hematologic - 225 questions
- Infectious - 566 questions
- Integument - 57 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 105 questions
- Nervous - 532 questions
- Nutrition - 25 questions
- Obstetric - 16 questions
- Oncologic - 73 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 61 questions
- Pulmonary - 746 questions
- Renal - 190 questions
- Surgery - 240 questions
- Toxicology - 339 questions
- Trauma - 245 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 40 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 13 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 15 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 339 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 26 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 694 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 17 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 923 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 7 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 17 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 10 questions
- Causes - 1104 questions
- Classification - 154 questions
- Differential - 1132 questions
- Epidemiology - 36 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 589 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 851 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 378 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 358 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 713 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 19 questions
- History Physical - 2299 questions
- Legal - 15 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1117 questions
- Patient Education - 20 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1526 questions
- Toxicology - 236 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1510 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 293 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 20 questions
- Clinical Education - 53 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 287 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 230 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 131 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 16 questions
Critical Care Exam Articles (1,157)
Acute respiratory failure is caused by a wide range of etiologies. Progression to cardiopulmonary arrest and ultimately death is likely in th ...
Carbon monoxide (CO) is released into the environment by the incomplete combustion of carbonaceous materials. The sources of CO are plentiful, and ...
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is an acute, diffuse, inflammatory form of lung injury and life-threatening condition in seriously ill p ...
is a genus belonging to the family of Enterobacteriaceae that is associated primarily with healthcare-related ...
Vancomycin is a tricyclic glycopeptide antibiotic originally derived from the organism . Vancomycin is used to tre ...