Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Surgical Critical Care Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the The American Board of Osteopathic Critical Care®, and American Board of Surgery® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Surgical Critical Care Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,784 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 959 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Surgical Critical Care Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Surgical Critical Care Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Surgical Critical Care Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls surgical critical care prep questions, surgical critical care review questions, and surgical critical care test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Surgical Critical Care Certification Examination. 942 authors and 15 editors have contributed to the development of the Surgical Critical Care Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Surgical Critical Care Exam Overview
How many hours is the Surgical Critical Care Exam?
The Surgical Critical Care Exam is 5 hours.
How many questions is the Surgical Critical Care Exam?
The Surgical Critical Care Exam is 250 questions.
What topics are covered on the Surgical Critical Care Exam?
Topics include: Resuscitation - 6%; Cardiovascular - 10%; Fluid and Electrolytes - 11%; Neurological - 5%; Metabolic, Endocrine, and Nutrition - 5%; Infectious Disease - 10%; Hematologic and Blood Transfusion - 2%; Acute GI, GU, and Ob-Gyn - 10%; Trauma - 10%; Thermal Injury - 4%; Monitoring, Bioengineering, and Biostatistics - 6%; Pediatrics - 2%; Principles and Techniques of Administration and Management - 3%; Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics - 2%; Ethical and Legal Aspects of CC - 2%; and Immunology, Transplantation, and Cell Biology - 4%.
Surgical Critical Care Exam MCQs (1,784)
Our question bank for the Surgical Critical Care Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 35 questions
- Cardiovascular - 671 questions
- Connective Tissue - 15 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 83 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 165 questions
- Eyes - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 290 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 46 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 173 questions
- Infectious - 392 questions
- Integument - 46 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 103 questions
- Nervous - 452 questions
- Nutrition - 23 questions
- Obstetric - 17 questions
- Oncologic - 65 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 50 questions
- Pulmonary - 601 questions
- Renal - 158 questions
- Surgery - 259 questions
- Toxicology - 225 questions
- Trauma - 298 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 41 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 12 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 5 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 254 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 27 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 605 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 17 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 765 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 6 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 15 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 8 questions
- Causes - 902 questions
- Classification - 155 questions
- Differential - 929 questions
- Epidemiology - 21 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 439 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 607 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 338 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 302 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 618 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 14 questions
- History Physical - 1914 questions
- Legal - 13 questions
- Pathophysiology - 927 questions
- Patient Education - 14 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1299 questions
- Toxicology - 159 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1238 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 13 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 304 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 17 questions
- Clinical Education - 46 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 210 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 164 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 98 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 14 questions
Surgical Critical Care Exam Articles (959)
Arrhythmia is an abnormal rhythm of the heart. The only normal rhythm of the heart is a normal sinus rhythm. In this rhythm, an impulse is generate ...
Non-depolarizing neuromuscular blockers (nNMBs) administration serves as primary therapy in facilitating endotracheal intubations and adjuvant ther ...
Torsades de Pointes is a type of polymorphic ventricular tachycardia characterized by a gradual change in amplitude and twisting of the QRS co ...
Mastering the skill of endotracheal intubation to secure an airway plays a critical role in many settings such as pre-hospital environments, emerge ...
Nitroglycerin is a vasodilatory drug used primarily to provide relief from anginal chest pain. Nitroglycerin has been FDA approved s ...