Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)®—or CMA (AAMA)®—Certification topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$49Subscription per month per user
$119Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 508 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 331 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AAMA® Certification Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Medical Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Certified Medical Assistant Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Certified Medical Assistant prep questions, Certified Medical Assistant review questions, and Certified Medical Assistant practice test questions will help you achieve a top score on the AAMA® Certification Test. 398 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Medical Assistant Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Medical Assistant Exam Overview
How many hours is the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
The Certified Medical Assistant Exam is 2.6 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
The Certified Medical Assistant Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
Topics include: General - Psychology; Communication; Professionalism; Medical Law/Regulatory Guidelines; Medical Ethics; Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Safety; Medical Terminology - 28%; Administrative - Medical Reception; Patient Navigator/Advocate; Medical Business Practices; Establishing Patient Medical Records; Scheduling Appointments; Practice Finances - 25%; Clinical - Anatomy and Pyhsiology; Infection Control; Patient Intake and Documentation of Care; Patient Preparation and Assisting the Provider; Nutrition; Collecting and Processing Specimens; Diagnostic Testing; Pharmacology; and Emergency Management/Basic First Aid - 47%
Certified Medical Assistant Exam MCQs (508)
Our question bank for the Certified Medical Assistant Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 9 questions
- Cardiovascular - 142 questions
- Connective Tissue - 4 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 7 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 33 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 36 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 12 questions
- Growth and Development - 10 questions
- Gynecologic - 9 questions
- Hematologic - 29 questions
- Infectious - 66 questions
- Integument - 16 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 21 questions
- Nervous - 35 questions
- Nutrition - 14 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 3 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 74 questions
- Pulmonary - 21 questions
- Renal - 13 questions
- Surgery - 6 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Trauma - 17 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 20 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 26 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 53 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 10 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 29 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 11 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 114 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 5 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 251 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 30 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 10 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 15 questions
- Causes - 69 questions
- Classification - 53 questions
- Differential - 158 questions
- Epidemiology - 5 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 22 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 22 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 21 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 14 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 2 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 46 questions
- History Physical - 144 questions
- Legal - 37 questions
- Pathophysiology - 40 questions
- Patient Education - 18 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 38 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 84 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 7 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 6 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 30 questions
- Clinical Education - 21 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 7 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 23 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
Certified Medical Assistant Exam Articles (331)
Proteins are biopolymeric structures composed of amino acids, of which there are 20 commons found in biological chemistry. Proteins serve as struct ...
The use of medical abbreviations in medicine is not new. Since the development of mainstream medicine nearly 200 years ago, abbreviations have been ...
Eating disorders are defined as the disruption in the eating behavior with excessive concern about body weight that impairs physical health or psyc ...
Physical examination plays a key role in patient diagnosis and is an essential part of every clinical encounter of the patient with the physician. ...
Cerebral salt wasting (CSW) is a potential cause of hyponatremia in the setting of disease of the central nervous system (CNS). Cerebral salt wasti ...