Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to CMA® (AAMA®) Certification content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam.
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required
We have 500 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 329 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AAMA® Certification Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Certified Medical Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Certified Medical Assistant Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Certified Medical Assistant prep questions, Certified Medical Assistant review questions, and Certified Medical Assistant practice test questions will help you achieve a top score on the AAMA® Certification Test. 404 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the Certified Medical Assistant Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Certified Medical Assistant Exam Overview
How many hours is the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
The Certified Medical Assistant Exam is 2.6 hours.
How many questions is the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
The Certified Medical Assistant Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Certified Medical Assistant Exam?
Topics include: General - Psychology; Communication; Professionalism; Medical Law/Regulatory Guidelines; Medical Ethics; Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Safety; Medical Terminology - 28%; Administrative - Medical Reception; Patient Navigator/Advocate; Medical Business Practices; Establishing Patient Medical Records; Scheduling Appointments; Practice Finances - 25%; Clinical - Anatomy and Pyhsiology; Infection Control; Patient Intake and Documentation of Care; Patient Preparation and Assisting the Provider; Nutrition; Collecting and Processing Specimens; Diagnostic Testing; Pharmacology; and Emergency Management/Basic First Aid - 47%
Certified Medical Assistant Exam MCQs (500)
Our question bank for the Certified Medical Assistant Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 10 questions
- Cardiovascular - 144 questions
- Connective Tissue - 4 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 6 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 28 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 38 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 11 questions
- Growth and Development - 9 questions
- Gynecologic - 8 questions
- Hematologic - 26 questions
- Infectious - 65 questions
- Integument - 18 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 24 questions
- Nervous - 33 questions
- Nutrition - 13 questions
- Obstetric - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 3 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 76 questions
- Pulmonary - 24 questions
- Renal - 12 questions
- Surgery - 7 questions
- Toxicology - 7 questions
- Trauma - 18 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 23 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 25 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 53 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 10 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 31 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 11 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 103 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 6 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 245 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 29 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 10 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 16 questions
- Causes - 69 questions
- Classification - 46 questions
- Differential - 155 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 20 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 18 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 24 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 11 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 3 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 50 questions
- History Physical - 135 questions
- Legal - 35 questions
- Pathophysiology - 40 questions
- Patient Education - 11 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 37 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 80 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 6 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 30 questions
- Clinical Education - 10 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 6 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 22 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
Certified Medical Assistant Exam Articles (329)
Hemoglobin is an oxygen-binding protein found in erythrocytes that transports oxygen from the lungs to tissues. Each hemoglobin molecule is a tetra ...
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved furosemide to treat conditions with volume overload and edema secondary to congestive hear ...
Cervical cancer screening has become one of the cornerstones for preventative screening in the gynecological world. George Papanicolaou invented th ...
H2 receptor blockers, or H2 receptor antagonists (H2RAs), are a class of gastric acid-suppressing agents frequently used in various gastric conditi ...
Anthropometric measurements are noninvasive quantitative measurements of the body. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC ...