Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the America Osteopathic Board of Surgery® and American Board of Thoracic Surgery® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam.
Learn About Lifetime Boards Reviews and CME/CE Access
$199Subscription per month per user
$499Subscription per 6 months per user
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 661 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 331 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Primary Certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiothoracic Surgeron subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls cardiothoracic surgery prep questions, cardiothoracic surgery review questions, and cardiothoracic surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Primary Certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery . 333 authors and 3 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
Topics include: Basic Science: 1-3%, Cardiac & Cardiac Surgery: 49-53%, Chest: 105%, Esophagus: 2-5%, Mediastinal (Mediasinum): 1-4%, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: 1-3%, Other: 6-8%, Pulmonary: 2-6%, Thoracic: 23-27%, and Trauma: 1-3%
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam MCQs (661)
Our question bank for the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 1 questions
- Cardiovascular - 690 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 10 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 8 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 17 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Genitourinary - 2 questions
- Growth and Development - 43 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 24 questions
- Infectious - 39 questions
- Integument - 4 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 15 questions
- Nervous - 20 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 5 questions
- Oncologic - 39 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 120 questions
- Renal - 3 questions
- Surgery - 336 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 43 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 17 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 11 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 15 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 204 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 245 questions
- Causes - 237 questions
- Classification - 95 questions
- Differential - 254 questions
- Epidemiology - 16 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 204 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 71 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 62 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 175 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 328 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 2 questions
- History Physical - 671 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 237 questions
- Patient Education - 13 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 442 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 172 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 5 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 489 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 21 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 17 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 15 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 6 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 3 questions
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam Articles (331)
Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) answered one of the toughest questions in the history of medicine: Can we operate on human hearts without killing the ...
Due to advances in several medical subspecialties such as pediatric cardiology and pediatric cardiac surgery, the prevalence of congenital heart di ...
Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) is a tear in one of the epicardial coronary arteries. The spectrum ranges from the intimal rupture to ...
Protamine is an FDA-approved drug for use in neutralizing the effect of unfractionated heparin.
Hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS) is a type of congenital heart disease that results in the underdevelopment of the left-sided structures ...