Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Echocardiography Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board of Echocardiography, Inc.® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Echocardiography Exam.
We have 250 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 151 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Echo Board Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Echocardiologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Echocardiography Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls echocardiography prep questions, echocardiography review questions, and echocardiography test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Echo Board Exam. 166 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the Echocardiography Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Echocardiography Exam Overview
How many hours is the Echocardiography Exam?
The Echocardiography Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Echocardiography Exam?
The Echocardiography Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Echocardiography Exam?
Topics include: Physical Principles, Instrumentation, Examination Principles Valvular Heart Disease, Chamber Size and Function, Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Masses, Pericardial Disease, Contrast and New Applications, and Miscellaneous Topics (Role of Echo)
Echocardiography Exam MCQs (250)
Our question bank for the Echocardiography Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 286 questions
- Connective Tissue - 1 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 1 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 5 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 5 questions
- Infectious - 12 questions
- Integument - 3 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 5 questions
- Nervous - 7 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 9 questions
- Pulmonary - 19 questions
- Renal - 2 questions
- Surgery - 29 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 1 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 4 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 74 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 76 questions
- Causes - 80 questions
- Classification - 26 questions
- Differential - 92 questions
- Epidemiology - 3 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 74 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 22 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 19 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 91 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 236 questions
- History Physical - 252 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 168 questions
- Patient Education - 6 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 139 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 31 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 44 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 2 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 2 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
Echocardiography Exam Articles (151)
Stress echocardiography combines two-dimensional echocardiography with a physical, pharmacological, or less commonly, electrical stress with atrial ...
Endomyocardial fibrosis (EMF) is a rare disease in North America but common in the tropical and subtropical regions of the developing world. It is ...
Hypertensive heart disease refers to a constellation of changes in the left ventricle, left atrium, and coronary arteries as a result of chronic bl ...
An External Cardiac Pacemaker that is also known as a Transcutaneous or Artificial Pacemaker is an electrodes-based medical device that is used to ...
Coronary artery disease is a condition in which there is an inadequate supply of blood and oxygen to the myocardium. It results from occlusion of t ...
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) is a neoplasm of the lymphoid tissues originating from B cell precursors, mature B cells, T cell precursors, and mature ...
Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) is a condition resulting from a developmental defect in the diaphragm leading to protrusion of abdominal cont ...
Left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) is the central measure of left ventricular systolic function. LVEF is the fraction of chamber volume ejec ...
Echocardiography is the first-line, non-invasive approach to management in evaluating anatomical, physiological, and hemodynamic abnormalities of t ...
About 1.5 million patients develop acute myocardial infarction per year in the United States.&nbs ...
Relapsing fever typically refers to malaria-like illnesses, characterized by recurrent fevers, chills, and malaise, caused by various spiroche ...
Cardiac rhabdomyoma is a rare and benign mesenchymal tumor of striated muscle origin. It most commonly involves the head and neck.
The normal pericardium is 1 to 2 mm thick and is comprised of an outer fibrous layer and an inner serous layer (which further subdivides into a vis ...
Aortic stenosis is a common valvular disorder leading to left ventricular outflow obstruction.
Pulmonary hypertension encompasses a heterogeneous group of disorders with the common feature of elevated pulmonary vascular resistance. Patients o ...
Amgad N Makaryus MD Associate Professor Chairman Zucker School Medicine/Hofstra/Northwell FACC, FACP, FASE, FSCCT East Meadow NY
Vijai S Tivakaran DO Professor Director, Noninvasive Cardiology Kettering Health Network FACC, FACOI, FASE, FASNC, FSCCT, RPVI Xenia OH
Abraham B Bornstein MD Professor MD Maharishi University of Management FACC: Fellow of the American College of Cardiology Fairfield IA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required