Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Echocardiography Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to National Board of Echocardiography, Inc.® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Echocardiography Exam.
We have 238 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 145 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Echo Board Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Echocardiologist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Echocardiography Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls echocardiography prep questions, echocardiography review questions, and echocardiography test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Echo Board Exam. 160 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the Echocardiography Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Echocardiography Exam Overview
How many hours is the Echocardiography Exam?
The Echocardiography Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Echocardiography Exam?
The Echocardiography Exam is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Echocardiography Exam?
Topics include: Physical Principles, Instrumentation, Examination Principles Valvular Heart Disease, Chamber Size and Function, Congenital Heart Disease, Cardiac Masses, Pericardial Disease, Contrast and New Applications, and Miscellaneous Topics (Role of Echo)
Echocardiography Exam MCQs (238)
Our question bank for the Echocardiography Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 5 questions
- Cardiovascular - 272 questions
- Connective Tissue - 1 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 1 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 4 questions
- Genetics - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 4 questions
- Infectious - 12 questions
- Integument - 3 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 5 questions
- Nervous - 6 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 1 questions
- Oncologic - 8 questions
- Pulmonary - 18 questions
- Renal - 2 questions
- Surgery - 28 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 1 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 4 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 68 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 70 questions
- Causes - 77 questions
- Classification - 26 questions
- Differential - 81 questions
- Epidemiology - 3 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 69 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 22 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 18 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 89 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 226 questions
- History Physical - 239 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 161 questions
- Patient Education - 5 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 130 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 29 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 42 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 2 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 1 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 1 questions
Echocardiography Exam Articles (145)
Loeffler endocarditis is restrictive cardiomyopathy, defined as an impaired relaxation of the heart with im ...
Venous oxygen saturation (SvO2) is a measure of the oxygen content of the blood returning to the right side of the heart after perfusing the entire ...
Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy is a reversible myocardial injury that presents with distinctive regional wall abnormalities of the left ventricle &m ...
Although transesophageal ultrasound was first reported in the 1970s, the advent of phased array transducers and flexible transesophageal probe ...
With the recent advances in technology, physicians may overlook the importance of the physical examination (PE). PE is of considerable significance ...
Due to advances in several medical subspecialties such as pediatric cardiology and pediatric cardiac surgery, the prevalence of congenital heart di ...
Paradoxical embolism is an uncommon cause for acute arterial occlusion. Paradoxical Embolism (PDE) occurs when a thrombus crosses an intracar ...
Ewing sarcoma (ES) is an aggressive tumor of adolescents and young adults, which constitutes 10% to 15% of all bone sarcomas.
A pericardial effusion refers to the accumulation of fluid in the pericardial sac surrounding the heart. The pericardial sac is composed of the thi ...
Double aortic arch is the most common type of vascular ring malformation. It involves the complete encirclement and compression of the trachea and/ ...
Platypnea, derived from Greek meaning flat and meaning breath, is a descriptive term which means shortness of breath ...
Cardiomyopathies are a heterogenic group of diseases of the myocardium, which further classify into primary “confined to the heart, “or ...
Aortic stenosis is a common valvular disorder leading to left ventricular outflow obstruction.
Aortic regurgitation (AR), also known as aortic insufficiency, is the reverse blood flow from the aorta into the left ventricle (LV) during diastol ...
A central venous catheter (CVC) is an indwelling device that is peripherally inserted into a large, central vein (most commonly the internal jugula ...
Amgad N Makaryus MD Associate Professor Chairman Zucker School Medicine/Hofstra/Northwell FACC, FACP, FASE, FSCCT East Meadow NY
Vijai S Tivakaran DO Professor Director, Noninvasive Cardiology Kettering Health Network FACC, FACOI, FASE, FASNC, FSCCT, RPVI Xenia OH
Abraham B Bornstein MD Professor MD Maharishi University of Management FACC: Fellow of the American College of Cardiology Fairfield IA
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required