Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the AGCNS-BC® exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC®) content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the AGCNS-BC® exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 5,454 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 3,138 PubMed indexed review articles related to the AGCNS-BC® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test AGCNS-BC® exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Adult gerontology questions and answers will help you achieve a top score on the AGCNS-BC® Examination. 2,726 authors and 39 editors have contributed to the development of the AGCNS-BC® exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
AGCNS-BC® exam Overview
How many hours is the AGCNS-BC® exam?
The AGCNS-BC® exam is 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the AGCNS-BC® exam?
The AGCNS-BC® exam is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the AGCNS-BC® exam?
Topics include: Assessment and Diagnosis - 28%, Planning and Implementation - 44%, and Evaluation - 28%
Topic Areas Covered
Our question bank for the AGCNS-BC® exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 183 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1418 questions
- Connective Tissue - 89 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 255 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 684 questions
- Eyes - 177 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 952 questions
- Genetics - 45 questions
- Genitourinary - 345 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 202 questions
- Hematologic - 383 questions
- Infectious - 1000 questions
- Integument - 366 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 716 questions
- Nervous - 1185 questions
- Nutrition - 184 questions
- Obstetric - 97 questions
- Oncologic - 507 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 261 questions
- Pulmonary - 673 questions
- Renal - 369 questions
- Surgery - 365 questions
- Toxicology - 292 questions
- Trauma - 383 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 104 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 70 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 227 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 94 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 770 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 123 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1511 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 101 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1922 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 19 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 50 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 19 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 27 questions
- Causes - 3064 questions
- Classification - 484 questions
- Differential - 2027 questions
- Epidemiology - 177 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 1252 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1592 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 383 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 19 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 832 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1340 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 195 questions
- History Physical - 5758 questions
- Legal - 56 questions
- Pathophysiology - 3042 questions
- Patient Education - 317 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 2862 questions
- Toxicology - 188 questions
- Treatment Medical - 2799 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 54 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 42 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 16 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 24 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 442 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 95 questions
- Clinical Education - 42 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 711 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 774 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 191 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 82 questions
AGCNS-BC® exam Articles
Giving medications in the medical field involves not only knowing what and when to give but also how much to administer. Dosing calculations are ju ...
During the Fifth Annual Meeting of the American Venous Forum 1993, John Porter suggested a classification for venous disease, just like the TNM (tu ...
Coronary artery disease (CAD) remained the leading cause of death in the United States and was responsible for 840,768 deaths in 2016. Cardiovascul ...
Ultrasound (US) is the key modality for the evaluation of contents of the female pelvis. It allows ready (and portable) imaging of the uterus, ovar ...
Glaucoma is a set of ocular disorders often defined by increased intraocular pressures leading to optic neuropathy and vision loss if untreated.
Teriparatide is a recombinant fragment of human parathyroid hormone consisting of its first amino(N)-terminal 34 amino acids, and a potent osteoana ...
According to the Committee on Classification of the World Federation of Neurology, chorea is defined as "a state of excessive, spontaneous movement ...
Aspiration pneumonitis and pneumonia are major complications associated with anesthetic management. Indeed, aspiration pneumonia was identified as ...
Acute on chronic liver failure (ACLF) is a clinical syndrome of sudden hepatic decompensation observed in patients with pre-existing chronic liver ...
Cardiac catheterization is an invasive procedure that has evolved over the past four centuries. Although the description of circulation by William ...
Hypertensive urgency is a marked elevation in blood pressure without evidence of target organ damage, such as pulmonary edema, cardiac ischemi ...
Venomous snakes inflict considerable morbidity and mortality worldwide, although specific data on the total number of venomous snakebites globally ...
Comprehension of the anatomy of the spinal cord and their respective functions is paramount when diagnosing and managing spinal cord infarction (SC ...
Facial nerve palsies are a common and significant presentation specifically to ear, nose, and throat (ENT) surgeons but also in general medical pra ...
The superficial cornea, consisting of Bowman's membrane, epithelium, and the overlying tear film, is prone to insult from external elements like in ...
Alexandra M Caley MS Private Practice Clinical Nurse Specialist RN-BC, PHCNS-BC Vancouver WA
Susan F Johnson DNP, RN Assistant Professor University of Texas Medical Branch ACNP Santa Fe TX
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you’re weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required