Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Biochemistry Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NBME® and NBOME® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Biochemistry Exam.
We have 850 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 265 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Biochemistry Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Biochemistry Medical Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Biochemistry Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls biochemistry practice exam questions, biochemistry shelf assessment questions, biochemistry practice test questions, and biochemistry shelf exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Biochemistry Examination. 293 authors and 5 editors have contributed to the development of the Biochemistry Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Biochemistry Exam Overview
How many hours is the Biochemistry Exam?
The Biochemistry Exam is 2.5 hours.
How many questions is the Biochemistry Exam?
The Biochemistry Exam is 125 questions.
What topics are covered on the Biochemistry Exam?
Topics include: The Biochemistry exam is designed to assess performance at the end of a course, clerkship, or other unit of instruction.
Biochemistry Exam MCQs (850)
Our question bank for the Biochemistry Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 44 questions
- Cardiovascular - 55 questions
- Connective Tissue - 22 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 8 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 462 questions
- Eyes - 22 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 135 questions
- Genetics - 211 questions
- Genitourinary - 17 questions
- Growth and Development - 52 questions
- Gynecologic - 5 questions
- Hematologic - 115 questions
- Infectious - 45 questions
- Integument - 54 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 64 questions
- Nervous - 161 questions
- Nutrition - 179 questions
- Obstetric - 7 questions
- Oncologic - 21 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 17 questions
- Pulmonary - 33 questions
- Renal - 32 questions
- Surgery - 7 questions
- Toxicology - 36 questions
- Trauma - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 9 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 42 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 276 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 321 questions
- Causes - 489 questions
- Classification - 104 questions
- Differential - 250 questions
- Epidemiology - 16 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 114 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 280 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 12 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 33 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 31 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 4 questions
- History Physical - 760 questions
- Pathophysiology - 758 questions
- Patient Education - 15 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 257 questions
- Toxicology - 26 questions
- Treatment Medical - 131 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 10 questions
- Clinical Education - 13 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 24 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 36 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 11 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 13 questions
Biochemistry Exam Articles (265)
Every day, trillions upon trillions of chemical reactions occur in our body to make essential metabolic processes occur. Enzymes are proteins ...
Ketone bodies are prominent fuel sources for all evolutionary domains of life. The body can use ketones as a source of energy in the absence of a c ...
Adenosine can serve as a diagnostic or therapeutic agent. Diagnostically, adenosine is one pharmaceutical agent used in a myocardial perfusion stre ...
Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is an autosomal dominant disorder of lipid metabolism present from birth. It is characterized by very high low-d ...
Iron is an essential element of various metabolic processes in humans including DNA synthesis, electron transport, and oxygen transport. Unlik ...
Lipoprotein disorders are clinically important due to the of the role of lipoproteins in atherogenesis and the associated risk of atherosclerotic c ...
Lysosomal storage diseases (LSDs) are a group of hereditary disorders that disrupt lysosomal function, specifically, enzymes involved in cell metab ...
Iron is a mineral necessary for human life. It plays an important role in DNA synthesis and many other metabolic processes. It is also an essential ...
Cell to cell communication is critical for the survival of an organism. Cells can communicate through a process called signal transductio ...
Niacin, known as vitamin B3, is a water-soluble vitamin of the B complex group of vitamins. Food such as bran, yeast, eggs, peanuts, poultry, ...
Cholesterol is a structural component of cell membranes and serves as a building block for the synthesis of various steroid hormones, vit ...
The medical term xanthelasma palpebrarum is composed of two words. Xanthelasma, derived from ancient Greece, where "xanthos" means yellow and ...
In 1965 Harry Angelman, a British pediatrician, described the "Puppet Children," later being renamed Angelman syndrome (AS). Angelman described thr ...
Lipolysis is the metabolic process through which triacylglycerols (TAGs) break down via hydrolysis into their constituent molecules: glycerol and f ...
Fusun Kilic PhD Associate Professor UAMS Little Rock AR
Tonya N Zeczycki PhD Assistant Professor Brody School of Medicine Greenville NC
Brian M Shewchuk PhD Associate Professor Brody School of Med at East Carolina Uni Greenville NC
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required