Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NCLEX-RN® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam.
We have 1,961 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,223 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® nursing student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls adult medical surgical questions will help you achieve a top score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. 1,247 authors and 25 editors have contributed to the development of the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Overview
How many hours is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is 1 hours.
How many questions is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is 50 questions.
What topics are covered on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
Topics include: Fundamentals of Medical Surgical Nursing
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam MCQs (1,961)
Our question bank for the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 61 questions
- Cardiovascular - 726 questions
- Connective Tissue - 36 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 89 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 392 questions
- Eyes - 37 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 406 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 131 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 78 questions
- Hematologic - 223 questions
- Infectious - 407 questions
- Integument - 192 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 222 questions
- Nervous - 459 questions
- Nutrition - 100 questions
- Obstetric - 47 questions
- Oncologic - 111 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 135 questions
- Pulmonary - 365 questions
- Renal - 158 questions
- Surgery - 310 questions
- Toxicology - 128 questions
- Trauma - 227 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 284 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 295 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 677 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 212 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 769 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 546 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1632 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 122 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2411 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 23 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 77 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 159 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 22 questions
- Causes - 1190 questions
- Classification - 142 questions
- Differential - 640 questions
- Epidemiology - 62 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 281 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 524 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 310 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 205 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 200 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 165 questions
- History Physical - 2526 questions
- Legal - 58 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1143 questions
- Patient Education - 313 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1102 questions
- Toxicology - 78 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1384 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 41 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 29 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 21 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 162 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 97 questions
- Clinical Education - 26 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 159 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 30 questions
- Drug Information - 204 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 103 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Articles (1,223)
Morphine is an opioid administered for acute and chronic pain conditions. The advantage of intrathecal (IT) morphine over intravenous (IV), or ...
Active tuberculosis is a multiorgan disease caused by primary infection or as a reactivation of latent tuberculosis. Accordingly, active tuberculos ...
Pulmonary function tests (PFTs) allows physicians to evaluate the respiratory function of their patients. They are reproducible and accurate. Ultim ...
Aortic stenosis is a common valvular disorder leading to left ventricular outflow obstruction.
Pulmonary artery catheterization (PAC) is a procedure in which an intravascular catheter is inserted through a central vein (femoral, jugular, ante ...
Cholecalciferol, also known as vitamin D3, is a secosteroid produced by the skin and can also present in certain foods such as dairy products, eggs ...
Renal stones are formed within the kidneys, and this is called nephrolithiasis. Urolithiasis is a condition that occurs when these stones exit the ...
Type 1 diabetes occurs when there is the autoimmune destruction of pancreatic beta cells leading to insufficient insulin production and resulting h ...
Lice are obligate, parasitic insects that have no free-living stage in their life cycle. The three varieties that are parasitic to h ...
The activation of the coagulation cascade is multifactorial. Clot formation can occur due to venous stasis, hypercoagulable states such as malignan ...
Humans have been using lead for a variety of applications since millennia, and concomitant with this use has developed an ancient recognition of th ...
According to the European Society of Cardiology, American College of Cardiology Foundation, American Heart Association, and World Health Federation ...
The leaves of the tobacco plant were originally harvested and smoked by Native Americans and were introduced to Europe by Christopher Columbus in t ...
Parahiatal hernia (PHH) is a rare type of diaphragmatic hernia (DH), which is an abnormal protrusion of the viscera through an abnormal d ...
Thermal burns are skin injuries caused by excessive heat, typically from contact with hot surfaces, hot liquids, steam, or flame. Most burns are mi ...
Marie Amma MSN Nova Southeastern University Anderson SC
Jennifer M Barrow MSN Assistant Professor of Nursing McNeese State University Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) DeQuincy LA
Darcy Duncan DNP, RN Assistant Professor East Central University CPN Sulphur OK
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required