Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to NCLEX-RN® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam.
We have 1,965 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,215 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® nursing student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls adult medical surgical questions will help you achieve a top score on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Test. 1,250 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Overview
How many hours is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is 1 hours.
How many questions is the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam is 50 questions.
What topics are covered on the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam?
Topics include: Fundamentals of Medical Surgical Nursing
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam MCQs (1,965)
Our question bank for the Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 62 questions
- Cardiovascular - 743 questions
- Connective Tissue - 33 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 93 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 394 questions
- Eyes - 37 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 420 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 129 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 83 questions
- Hematologic - 217 questions
- Infectious - 418 questions
- Integument - 190 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 221 questions
- Nervous - 459 questions
- Nutrition - 99 questions
- Obstetric - 48 questions
- Oncologic - 113 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 135 questions
- Pulmonary - 369 questions
- Renal - 160 questions
- Surgery - 314 questions
- Toxicology - 125 questions
- Trauma - 228 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 288 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 294 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 683 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 214 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 765 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 555 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1668 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 123 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2447 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 23 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 77 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 159 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 21 questions
- Causes - 1189 questions
- Classification - 142 questions
- Differential - 644 questions
- Epidemiology - 61 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 279 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 521 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 317 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 2 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 203 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 214 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 169 questions
- History Physical - 2533 questions
- Legal - 55 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1130 questions
- Patient Education - 320 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1106 questions
- Toxicology - 77 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1388 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 40 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 30 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 20 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 166 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 97 questions
- Clinical Education - 25 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 158 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 31 questions
- Drug Information - 200 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 100 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 13 questions
Adult Medical Surgical NCLEX-RN® Exam Articles (1,215)
Caffeine is a stimulant that has been utilized globally for centuries secondary to its ability to improve mental alertness. As many as 85% of Ameri ...
Nerve agents represent a significant contributor to morbidity and mortality in toxicology and emergency medicine. Patients affected by nerve agents ...
Sensory-perceptual alteration can be defined as when there is a change in the pattern of sensory stimuli followed by an abnormal response ...
Cocaine abuse is a major worldwide health problem. Patients with acute cocaine toxicity presenting to the emergency department (ED) may require urg ...
Neuraxial anesthesia or analgesia is the injection of the local anesthetic in the areas surrounding nerve roots from the central nervous system (CN ...
Physicians and medical researchers have a moral and legal obligation to obtain informed consent. ...
Capillary refill time (CRT) is a useful and rapid metric in determining the intravascular volume status of ill patients, particularly those with co ...
Hydroureter and hydronephrosis are common entities encountered in primary care medicine, emergency medicine as well as nephrology and urology pract ...
Tramadol is an FDA-approved medication for pain relief. It has specific indications for moderate to severe pain. It is considered a class IV drug b ...
Glaucoma refers to a collection of diseases whereby increased intraocular pressure adversely impacts the optic nerve, and subsequently, the visual ...
Gallbladder disease is one of the most common procedures done in the United States with more than 1.2 million cholecystectomies done annually. ...
Contending with a mass casualty incident involving a chemical exposure seems daunting; fortunately, these are rare events. Acute care clinici ...
Aluminum hydroxide is often administered orally for the temporary relief of heartburn or gastroesophageal reflux. It may be used topically, tempora ...
Acromegaly is a rare disorder caused by excessive growth hormone production (GH), most commonly from an adenoma of the anterior pituitary gland. Th ...
Physicians frequently deal with the loss of a patient in the emergency department and in intensive care units. These deaths are often due to unfore ...
Marie Amma MSN Nova Southeastern University Anderson SC
Jennifer M Barrow MSN Assistant Professor of Nursing McNeese State University Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) DeQuincy LA
Darcy Duncan DNP, RN Assistant Professor East Central University CPN Sulphur OK
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required