This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of physicians.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Identify the causes of pediatric gastroenteritis.
- Describe the presentation of a child with gastroenteritis.
- Summarize the treatment of a child with gastroenteritis.
Author(s) / Contributors Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
- Authors: Gilberto Rivera-Dominguez
- Editors: Rebecca Ward
- Editors-In-Chief: Andrew WiltDavid WoodAnand Gourishankar
Chief Medical Reviewer: Christina Wills
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Lisa Haddad
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Bernadette Makar
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Dorothy Caputo
- Pharmacy Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Mark Pellegrini
- Physician Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Scott Dulebohn
Continuing Education Accreditation Information
The Campbell University Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. CUSOM designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AOA Category 1 B Credits and will report CME credits commensurate with the extent of the physician's participation in the activity.
- StatPearls and CUSOM are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Access Institutions.
Medium or Media Used:
- Computer Requirements: Internet Access
- E-mail Address
Instructions for Credit
- Register for the activity and create a StatPearls login.
- Complete the entire self-study activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 100%.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- Obtain a certificate.
- If you have content or system concerns, please contact email@example.com, or call 727-289-9796.
- If you have activity or credit concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 910-893-7960.
Media Usage Rights
- Name: 'Eosinophilic_esophagitis.jpg' Attribution: Contributed by Michael Bonert, (CC By-S.A. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/deed.en) Image courtesy: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eosinophilic_esophagitis_-_very_high_mag.jpg