This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of nurses.
At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be better able to:
- Summarize the different plasmodia species in the etiology of malaria.
- Review the life cycle of Plasmodium ovale in the pathophysiology of malaria.
- Identify blood smear microscopy as a diagnostic method of choice in malaria.
- Outline the pharmacologic therapy as it applies to Plasmodium Ovale Malaria
Author(s) / Contributors Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
COMMERCIAL SUPPORT: This activity has received NO commercial support.
- Authors: Chika Okafor
- Editors: Nancy Finnigan
- Editors-In-Chief: Jason NagleDarcy Duncan
Chief Medical Reviewer: Rupinder Mangat
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Lisa Haddad
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Bernadette Makar
- Nurse Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Dorothy Caputo
- Pharmacy Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Mark Pellegrini
- Physician Planner/Reviewer/Editor:Scott Dulebohn
Continuing Education Accreditation Information
This activity is jointly provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and StatPearls. AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. This activity is awarded 1.00 Contact Hours.
- StatPearls and AKH are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Equal Access Institutions.
Medium or Media Used:
- Computer Requirements: Internet Access
- E-mail Address
Instructions for Credit
- Register for the activity and create a StatPearls login.
- Complete the entire self-study activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 100%.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- Obtain a certificate.
- If you have concerns regarding CE, please contact email@example.com or call AKH 877-AKH-CME4.
Media Usage Rights
- Name: 'Life_Cycle_of_the_Malaria_Parasite.jpg' Attribution: Contributed by Wikimedia Commons, National Institutes of Health (NIH) (Public Domain)
- Name: '28526339553_e1691dcb2d_k.jpg' Attribution: Contributed by National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Name: 'malaria.png' Attribution: Image courtesy S Bhimji MD