Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 465 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 177 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NBRC® Test. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Neonatal and Pediatric Respiratory Therapist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the NBRC® Test. 208 authors and 5 editors have contributed to the development of the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam Overview
How many hours is the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam?
The Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam?
The Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam?
Topics include: Critical and General Care
Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam MCQs (465)
Our question bank for the Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 30 questions
- Cardiovascular - 68 questions
- Connective Tissue - 1 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 80 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 11 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 25 questions
- Genetics - 13 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Growth and Development - 53 questions
- Hematologic - 7 questions
- Infectious - 81 questions
- Integument - 4 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 17 questions
- Nervous - 45 questions
- Nutrition - 2 questions
- Obstetric - 36 questions
- Oncologic - 2 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 322 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 13 questions
- Toxicology - 22 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 30 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 9 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 25 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 27 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 9 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 224 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 240 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Causes - 154 questions
- Classification - 39 questions
- Differential - 195 questions
- Epidemiology - 8 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 61 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 56 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 68 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 25 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 88 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 6 questions
- History Physical - 446 questions
- Pathophysiology - 190 questions
- Patient Education - 4 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 184 questions
- Toxicology - 12 questions
- Treatment Medical - 199 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 10 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 17 questions
- Clinical Education - 10 questions
- Vulnerable Populations - 2 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 17 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 24 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 6 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
Neonatal and Pediatric (NPS) Board Exam Articles (177)
A pneumothorax is a collection of air outside the lung but within the pleural cavity. It occurs when air accumulates between the parietal and visce ...
Meconium is the initial substance present in the intestines of the developing fetus and constitutes the first bowel movement of the newborn. Meconi ...
Inhalation injury is a broad term that includes pulmonary exposure to a wide range of chemicals in various forms including smoke, gases, vapors, or ...
Perinatal asphyxia is a lack of blood flow or gas exchange to or from the fetus in the period immediately before, during, or after the birth p ...
Epiglottitis is an inflammatory condition, usually infectious in origin, of the epiglottis and nearby structures like the arytenoids, aryepiglottic ...