Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Sonography Certification Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Registry of Radiologic Technologists® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Sonography Certification Exam.
We have 2,192 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 229 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ARRT Sonography Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Sonographer subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Sonography Certification Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Sonography review questions will help you achieve a top score on the ARRT Sonography Examination. 280 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Sonography Certification Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Sonography Certification Exam Overview
How many hours is the Sonography Certification Exam?
The Sonography Certification Exam is 3 hours.
How many questions is the Sonography Certification Exam?
The Sonography Certification Exam is 175 questions.
What topics are covered on the Sonography Certification Exam?
Topics include: Patient Care - Patient Interaction and Management; Image Production - Basic Principles of Ultrasound; Image Formation; Evaluation and Selection of Representative Images; Procedures - Abdominal/Pelvic Vasculature; Arterial Peripheral Vasculature; Venous Peripheral Vasculature, and Extracranial Cerebral Vasculature and Other Sonographic Procedures
Sonography Certification Exam MCQs (2,192)
Our question bank for the Sonography Certification Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 660 questions
- Connective Tissue - 11 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 7 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 44 questions
- Eyes - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 176 questions
- Genetics - 28 questions
- Genitourinary - 50 questions
- Growth and Development - 104 questions
- Gynecologic - 169 questions
- Hematologic - 6 questions
- Infectious - 18 questions
- Integument - 1 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 105 questions
- Nervous - 241 questions
- Obstetric - 312 questions
- Oncologic - 62 questions
- Pulmonary - 21 questions
- Renal - 71 questions
- Surgery - 19 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Trauma - 18 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 28 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 29 questions
- Causes - 175 questions
- Classification - 8 questions
- Differential - 105 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 9 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 20 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 15 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 41 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1642 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 1 questions
- History Physical - 579 questions
- Pathophysiology - 857 questions
- Patient Education - 1 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 148 questions
- Toxicology - 1 questions
- Treatment Medical - 16 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 26 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
Sonography Certification Exam Articles (229)
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is an intravascular imaging modality primarily used in interventional cardiology to characterize lesion morphology, ...
Point of care ultrasound (POCUS) in obstetrics is an invaluable tool in the evaluation of the pregnant patient. Given its ease of use and interpret ...
Transcranial Doppler (TCD) is a non-invasive ultrasound technique, not utilizing ionizing radiation. This technique takes advantage of acoustic win ...
Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) are a developmental anomaly of the vascular system, consisting of tangles of poorly formed blood ...
The aorta is the first and largest artery in the body. It is responsible for transporting nutrient-rich blood to the systemic circulation following ...
The middle cerebral artery (MCA) is a critical artery which has an extensive clinical significance. The MCA is part of the circle of Willis anastom ...
The tibia is one of two bones that comprise the leg. As the weight-bearing bone, it is significan ...
The umbilical cord is considered both the physical and emotional attachment between mother and fetus. This structure allows for the trans ...
Pulmonary circulation is the system of transportation that shunts de-oxygenated blood from the heart to the lungs to be re-saturated with oxygen be ...
The inferior vena cava (IVC) is a large retroperitoneal vessel formed by the confluence of the right and left common iliac veins. An ...
The atrioventricular septal defect is a congenital cardiac malformation that is characterized by a variable degree of the atrial and ventricular se ...
Bile, a digestive fluid produced and secreted by the liver, is transported by a series of branching bile ducts known collectively as the biliary tr ...
The corpus luteum is a vital yet temporary organ that plays a crucial role in fertility during the luteal phase. It is an endocrine structure in fe ...
The brain and spinal cord are enveloped within three layers of membrane collectively known as the meninges, with the cranial meninges specifically ...
Breast ultrasound has developed into a practical solution for the evaluation of breast disease. Although mammography remains the gold standard for ...
Jesse A Cole MD American College Diagnostic Radiology, Neuroradiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Butte MT
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required