Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,139 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 547 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NPTE® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Physical Therapy Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Physical Therapy Assistant questions will help you achieve a top score on the NPTE® Examination. 586 authors and 12 editors have contributed to the development of the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination Overview
How many hours is the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination is 4 hours.
How many questions is the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination?
Topics include: Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Systems, Musculoskeletal System, Neuromuscular & Nervous Systems, Integumentary System, Metabolic & Endocrine Systems, Gastrointestinal System, Genitourinary System, Lymphatic System System Interactions
National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination MCQs (1,139)
Our question bank for the National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 12 questions
- Cardiovascular - 78 questions
- Connective Tissue - 34 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 17 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 36 questions
- Eyes - 6 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 12 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 18 questions
- Growth and Development - 24 questions
- Hematologic - 13 questions
- Infectious - 35 questions
- Integument - 60 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 687 questions
- Nervous - 420 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 7 questions
- Oncologic - 9 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 15 questions
- Pulmonary - 47 questions
- Renal - 5 questions
- Surgery - 69 questions
- Trauma - 171 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 6 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 19 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 34 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 59 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 9 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 20 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 529 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 9 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 713 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 13 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 23 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 254 questions
- Classification - 97 questions
- Differential - 158 questions
- Epidemiology - 14 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 48 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 7 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 14 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 23 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 39 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 24 questions
- History Physical - 517 questions
- Legal - 16 questions
- Pathophysiology - 407 questions
- Patient Education - 68 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 224 questions
- Treatment Medical - 73 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 325 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 40 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 44 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 9 questions
- Clinical Education - 44 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 2 questions
National Physical Therapy Assistant Examination Articles (547)
The clinical term "torticollis" comes from two Latin words: tortum collum, which means twisted neck. Usually, torticollis is not a diagnosis but ra ...
Acute scrotum pain is defined as “the constellation of new-onset pain, swelling, and/or tenderness of the intrascrotal contents.” Patie ...
Historically, our knowledge of peripheral nerves and peripheral nerve injuries (PNIs) came mainly from experiences on the battlefield.
Facet joints form from the superior and inferior articular processes of two adjacent vertebrae. They are synovial joints as a fibrous capsule encom ...
Patients commonly present to emergency departments, primary care offices, or specialty clinics with musculoskeletal injuries. The initial mana ...