Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the National Physical Therapy Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the National Physical Therapy Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 784 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 398 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NPTE® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Physical Therapist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test National Physical Therapy Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NPTE® practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the NPTE® Examination. 418 authors and 8 editors have contributed to the development of the National Physical Therapy Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
National Physical Therapy Examination Overview
How many hours is the National Physical Therapy Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Examination is 5 hours.
How many questions is the National Physical Therapy Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Examination is 250 questions.
What topics are covered on the National Physical Therapy Examination?
Topics include: Systems - Cardiovascular & Pulmonary, Musculoskeletal, Neuromuscular & Nervous, Integumentary, Metabolic & Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Lymphatic, System Interactions, Non-System -Equipment, Devices, & Technologies, Therapeutic Modalities, Safety & Protection, Professional Responsibilities, and Research & Evidence-Based Practice
National Physical Therapy Examination MCQs (784)
Our question bank for the National Physical Therapy Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 32 questions
- Connective Tissue - 33 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 8 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 12 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 4 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 16 questions
- Growth and Development - 9 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 3 questions
- Infectious - 13 questions
- Integument - 36 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 671 questions
- Nervous - 350 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 8 questions
- Oncologic - 3 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 17 questions
- Pulmonary - 12 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 59 questions
- Trauma - 189 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 12 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 18 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 44 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 66 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 2 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 25 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 312 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 11 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 328 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 12 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 14 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 299 questions
- Classification - 108 questions
- Differential - 218 questions
- Epidemiology - 15 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 68 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 5 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 18 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 42 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 77 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 20 questions
- History Physical - 711 questions
- Legal - 15 questions
- Pathophysiology - 310 questions
- Patient Education - 76 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 252 questions
- Treatment Medical - 105 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 294 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 69 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 42 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 12 questions
- Clinical Education - 31 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
National Physical Therapy Examination Articles (398)
Patients commonly present to emergency departments, primary care offices, or specialty clinics with musculoskeletal injuries. The initial mana ...
Intermittent claudication (IC) typically refers to lower extremity skeletal muscle pain that occurs during exercise. IC presents when there is insu ...
Cryosurgery was first described in the 1800s and has since evolved into a mainstay of therapy wit ...
Ataxia is a neurological sign that manifests in a lack of coordination in the movement of different muscles in the body.
The technique of splinting can be found throughout multiple fields of medicine including emergency medicine, orthopedics, primary care, and podiatr ...