Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the National Physical Therapy Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT®) topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the National Physical Therapy Examination.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 745 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 400 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NPTE® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Physical Therapist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test National Physical Therapy Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls NPTE® practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the NPTE® Examination. 419 authors and 6 editors have contributed to the development of the National Physical Therapy Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
National Physical Therapy Examination Overview
How many hours is the National Physical Therapy Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Examination is 5 hours.
How many questions is the National Physical Therapy Examination?
The National Physical Therapy Examination is 250 questions.
What topics are covered on the National Physical Therapy Examination?
Topics include: Systems - Cardiovascular & Pulmonary, Musculoskeletal, Neuromuscular & Nervous, Integumentary, Metabolic & Endocrine, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Lymphatic, System Interactions, Non-System -Equipment, Devices, & Technologies, Therapeutic Modalities, Safety & Protection, Professional Responsibilities, and Research & Evidence-Based Practice
National Physical Therapy Examination MCQs (745)
Our question bank for the National Physical Therapy Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 2 questions
- Cardiovascular - 30 questions
- Connective Tissue - 34 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 7 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 15 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 3 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 16 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 3 questions
- Infectious - 12 questions
- Integument - 34 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 629 questions
- Nervous - 346 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 7 questions
- Oncologic - 3 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 17 questions
- Pulmonary - 12 questions
- Renal - 1 questions
- Surgery - 51 questions
- Trauma, Injury, Safety, and Violence - 168 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 10 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 17 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 42 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 61 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 3 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 23 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 301 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 10 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 322 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 8 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 13 questions
- Causes - 278 questions
- Classification - 97 questions
- Differential - 209 questions
- Epidemiology - 20 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 67 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 5 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 17 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 36 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 73 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 19 questions
- History Physical - 656 questions
- Legal - 14 questions
- Pathophysiology - 281 questions
- Patient Education - 78 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 237 questions
- Treatment Medical - 96 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 269 questions
- Treatment Prehospital/EMS/Disaster - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 65 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 36 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 8 questions
- Clinical Education - 28 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
National Physical Therapy Examination Articles (400)
Dr. Kirkaldy-Willis first conceptualized and published theories regarding the Biomechanics and Biology of the Spinal Degenerative Cascade. He defin ...
Locked-in syndrome (LIS) is a complex medical condition presenting with quadriplegia, bulbar palsy, and whole-body sensory loss due to damage in th ...
The hand is very versatile in its abilities. To assure that it functions at its highest level, it is important to maintain its functionality and mo ...
Antalgic gait is one of the most common forms of altered gait in patients presenting to the emergency department and primary care offices. It refer ...
The medial collateral ligament (MCL) is a flat band of connective tissue that runs from the medial epicondyle of the femur to the medial condyle of ...