Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) CAQ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam.
We have 1,309 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 689 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Cardiovascular and Thoracic NCCPA® practice exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. 684 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
Topics include: Advanced Level Knowledge in Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam MCQs (1,309)
Our question bank for the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 10 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1194 questions
- Connective Tissue - 12 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 18 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 56 questions
- Eyes - 2 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 33 questions
- Genetics - 14 questions
- Genitourinary - 5 questions
- Growth and Development - 15 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 61 questions
- Infectious - 104 questions
- Integument - 6 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 40 questions
- Nervous - 44 questions
- Nutrition - 4 questions
- Obstetric - 6 questions
- Oncologic - 37 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 314 questions
- Renal - 58 questions
- Surgery - 190 questions
- Toxicology - 33 questions
- Trauma - 102 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 9 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 28 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 168 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 35 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 395 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 480 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Causes - 560 questions
- Classification - 131 questions
- Differential - 474 questions
- Epidemiology - 23 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 321 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 222 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 129 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 6 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 275 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 367 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 18 questions
- History Physical - 1342 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 590 questions
- Patient Education - 24 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 667 questions
- Toxicology - 19 questions
- Treatment Medical - 614 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 230 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 4 questions
- Clinical Education - 10 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 131 questions
- Drug Information - 135 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 31 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 10 questions
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Articles (689)
Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) also called percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) is a minimally invasive procedure to ope ...
Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) is a disease of the heart muscle characterized by enlargement and dilation of one or both of the ventricles ...
Sick sinus syndrome, also known as sinus node dysfunction (SND), is a disorder of the sinoatrial (SA) node caused by impaired pacemaker function an ...
The peripheral vascular system (PVS) includes all the blood vessels that exist outside the heart. The peripheral vascular system is classified ...
Diclofenac is an FDA-approved drug used in the treatment and management of acute and chronic pain associated with inflammatory conditions, especial ...
Digoxin is a well-known cardiac glycoside and one of the oldest drugs used today in cardiovascular medicine. It has wide-ranging beneficial effects ...
Pleural effusion is the accumulation of fluid in between the parietal and visceral pleura, called pleural cavity. It can occur by itself or can be ...
Nosocomial infections also referred to as healthcare-associated infections (HAI), are infection(s) acquired during the proce ...
The sinoatrial node (SA) is the default pacemaker and, therefore, a crucial component of the heart's conduction system. It is located subepicardial ...
Tricuspid atresia (TA) is a cyanotic congenital heart defect characterized by the complete agenesis of the tricuspid valve (TV). That is, there is ...
Thoracotomy describes an incision made in the chest wall to access the contents of the thoracic cavity. Thoracotomies typically can be divided into ...
Lung adenocarcinoma is the most common primary lung cancer seen in the United States. It falls under the umbrella of non-small cell lung cancer (NS ...
Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) is among the most common diseases practitioners encounter in the inpatient setting. This syndrome comprises a sp ...
Tracheostomy is one of the earliest surgical procedures recorded, with illustrations depicting it as early as 3600 B.C. in ancient Egypt. A tracheo ...
Wheezing is the symptomatic manifestation of any disease process that causes airway obstruction. Rene Laennec's development of the stetho ...
James J Jones PhD, PA-C Associate Professor Branch Chief University of Nebraska NCCPA, Emergency Medicine and Cardiology San Antonio TX
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required