Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) CAQ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam.
About the Question Bank
We have 2,648 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,166 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Cardiovascular and Thoracic NCCPA® practice exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. 1,094 authors and 24 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
Topics include: Advanced level knowledge in Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam MCQs (2,648)
Our question bank for the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 27 questions
- Cardiovascular - 2265 questions
- Connective Tissue - 35 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 46 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 120 questions
- Eyes - 10 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 104 questions
- Genetics - 32 questions
- Genitourinary - 15 questions
- Growth and Development - 32 questions
- Gynecologic - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 119 questions
- Infectious - 205 questions
- Integument - 26 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 76 questions
- Nervous - 116 questions
- Nutrition - 14 questions
- Obstetric - 11 questions
- Oncologic - 120 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 15 questions
- Pulmonary - 670 questions
- Renal - 93 questions
- Surgery - 430 questions
- Toxicology - 64 questions
- Trauma - 162 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 16 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 39 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 10 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 260 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 70 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 750 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 5 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 832 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Causes - 1063 questions
- Classification - 211 questions
- Differential - 922 questions
- Epidemiology - 64 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 604 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 430 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 231 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 8 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 642 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 858 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 29 questions
- History Physical - 2584 questions
- Legal - 9 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1085 questions
- Patient Education - 52 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1330 questions
- Toxicology - 39 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1149 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 5 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 21 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 7 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 549 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 4 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 219 questions
- Drug Information - 209 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 66 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 13 questions
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Articles (1,166)
Right ventricular hypertrophy (RVH) is an abnormal enlargement or pathologic increase in muscle mass of the right ventricle in response to pressure ...
Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) is a potentially life-threatening condition and is associated with high morbidity and mortali ...
Coronary arteriovenous fistula (CAVF) is a rare form of congenital heart disease. However, it is the most common type of congenital coronary artery ...
The number of lung transplants annually in the US and worldwide has increased in recent years. This is due to the systemization of nationwide datab ...
Intraosseous (IO) vascular access refers to the placement of a specialized hollow bore needle through the cortex of a bone, into the medullary spac ...
Contrast agents, also called contrast media, are substances used to enhance the radiodensity of a targeted tissue by altering the way that&nbs ...
All healthcare providers, at some point in their career, will be called upon to go beyond medical decision-making and traverse into the realm of me ...
Doxorubicin is an anthracycline class medication used in the management and treatment of various types of malignancies and tumors. FD ...
The true beginning of the concept of a pacemaker began over 200 years ago. In the late 1700s, Luigi Galvani discovered that he could caus ...
Pulsus alternans, not to be confused with pulsus paradoxus or electrical alternans, is an arterial pulse with alternating strong and weak beats. Sy ...
Superficial thrombophlebitis is an inflammatory disorder of superficial veins with coexistent venous thrombosis.
Rapid sequence intubation (RSI) is a technique that is used when rapid control of the airway is needed as a precaution for patients that may have r ...
The diaphragm is composed of the central tendon, costal, sternal, and lumbar components, the lateral parts of which are a continuation of the obliq ...
Reentrant arrhythmias are distinct electrophysiology maladies of the heart caused by the presence of circuits in the normal myocardium. Atrioventri ...
The larynx is a midline structure at the level of C3 through C6 that connects the pharynx to the trachea. Its major functions include respiration, ...
James J Jones PhD, PA-C Associate Professor Branch Chief University of Nebraska NCCPA, Emergency Medicine and Cardiology San Antonio TX
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required