Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) CAQ® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam.
We have 1,270 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 684 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls Cardiovascular and Thoracic NCCPA® practice exam questions will help you achieve a top score on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic PA Examination. 681 authors and 15 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 2 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
The Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam is 120 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam?
Topics include: Advanced Level Knowledge in Cardiovascular/Thoracic Surgery
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam MCQs (1,270)
Our question bank for the Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 12 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1148 questions
- Connective Tissue - 13 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 18 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 53 questions
- Eyes - 1 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 31 questions
- Genetics - 14 questions
- Genitourinary - 5 questions
- Growth and Development - 16 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 64 questions
- Infectious - 102 questions
- Integument - 6 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 41 questions
- Nervous - 42 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 6 questions
- Oncologic - 37 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 2 questions
- Pulmonary - 310 questions
- Renal - 56 questions
- Surgery - 180 questions
- Toxicology - 33 questions
- Trauma - 102 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 9 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 21 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 156 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 37 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 378 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 456 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Causes - 557 questions
- Classification - 129 questions
- Differential - 450 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 297 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 213 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 129 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 6 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 274 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 357 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 18 questions
- History Physical - 1303 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 583 questions
- Patient Education - 28 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 649 questions
- Toxicology - 17 questions
- Treatment Medical - 590 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 219 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 4 questions
- Clinical Education - 10 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 118 questions
- Drug Information - 122 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 29 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 9 questions
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Physician Assistant CAQ Exam Articles (684)
Thoracic trauma accounts for up to 35% of trauma-related deaths in the United States and encompasses a broad range of injuries that can cause ...
Cardiac auscultation is an essential physical exam tool for providers. Comprehension of anatomy, physiology, and underlying physics, with mastery o ...
Mitral valve insufficiency or mitral regurgitation (MR) is characterized by the reversal of blood flow from the left ventricle (LV) to the left atr ...
Coronary heart disease and stroke are the two leading causes of death worldwide and by the year 2030, they are projected to account for nearly 25% ...
Olmesartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) that is FDA approved to treat patients suffering from hypertension. Olmesartan can be combin ...
Medical advances have helped the US population live longer with more comorbidities than previously possible. As the aging population expands, the i ...
Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD), formerly known as immotile cilia syndrome, is a disorder of motile cilia structure and function that result ...
Cardiac catheterization is one of the most widely performed cardiac procedures. In the United States, more than 1,000,000 cardiac catheterization p ...
Aortic valve disease, specifically aortic valve stenosis, is one of the most common valvular disorders in the United States and worldwide. While tr ...
Angina, or chest pain, is the most common symptom of ischemic heart disease, a major cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. Chest pain can be ...
Chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH) is a potentially life-threatening condition and is associated with high morbidity and mortali ...
With the increasing application of coronary computed tomography angiography (CCTA) as the standard of care for patients with acute chest pain, heal ...
Mediastinoscopy is a thoracic surgical procedure performed with a mediastinoscope to examine the mediastinum— the space in the thor ...
Over the last decade, endoscopic vein harvesting (EVH) has been the method of choice to harvest the greater saphenous vein (GSV), which is the most ...
James J Jones PhD, PA-C Associate Professor Branch Chief University of Nebraska NCCPA, Emergency Medicine and Cardiology San Antonio TX
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required