Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology® and American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam.
We have 2,174 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 997 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls obstetrics and gynecology prep questions, obstetrics and gynecology review questions, and obstetrics and gynecology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . 1,014 authors and 22 editors have contributed to the development of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 225 questions.
What topics are covered on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
Topics include: Gynecology: Abnormal uterine bleeding, Abortion, Anatomy, Breast disorders, Cervical cytology screening and management/cervical neoplasia, Contraception, Domestic violence/sexual abuse, Ectopic pregnancy, Health screening guidelines, Menopause management, Non-Contraceptive use of contraceptives, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Osteoporosis, Pelvic pain, Perioperative care, PMS/PMDD, Sexual dysfunction, Sexually transmitted infections, Urinary tract infection, Uterus and adnexal disorders, Vaginal disorders and Vulvar disorders: 30-43%; Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Breast disorders, Ectopic pregnancy, Endocrine disorders, Hormone production, Infertility, OMM/OPP, Osteoporosis, and Puberty: 7-11%; Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery: OMM/OPP and Urogynecology: 6-10%; Gynecologic Oncology: Anticancer drugs, chemotherapy and radiation, Disease process, Genomics, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Staging, Uterus and adnexal disorders: 4-8%; Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine: Antepartum care, Antenatal fetal assessment, Intrapartum care and puerperium, Medical complications in pregnancy, Obstetrical complications, Obstetrical ultrasound, OMM/OPP, Preconceptual counseling and Psychiatric disorders: 34-38%
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam MCQs (2,174)
Our question bank for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 29 questions
- Cardiovascular - 118 questions
- Connective Tissue - 16 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 19 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 210 questions
- Eyes - 15 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 126 questions
- Genetics - 67 questions
- Genitourinary - 249 questions
- Growth and Development - 102 questions
- Gynecologic - 890 questions
- Hematologic - 107 questions
- Infectious - 313 questions
- Integument - 110 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 91 questions
- Nervous - 157 questions
- Nutrition - 31 questions
- Obstetric - 1217 questions
- Oncologic - 278 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 52 questions
- Pulmonary - 46 questions
- Renal - 29 questions
- Surgery - 192 questions
- Toxicology - 57 questions
- Trauma - 59 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 22 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 16 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 96 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 190 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 38 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 791 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 27 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 929 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 5 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 7 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 6 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 985 questions
- Classification - 173 questions
- Differential - 893 questions
- Epidemiology - 90 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 490 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 538 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 164 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 281 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 598 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 101 questions
- History Physical - 2141 questions
- Legal - 9 questions
- Pathophysiology - 982 questions
- Patient Education - 183 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1185 questions
- Toxicology - 38 questions
- Treatment Medical - 827 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 11 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 11 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 326 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 16 questions
- Clinical Education - 20 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 141 questions
- Drug Information - 122 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 58 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 9 questions
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Articles (997)
Smoking is a leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the human population and is one of the most modifiable risk factors towards preventing hum ...
Horseshoe kidneys are the most common fusion defect of the kidneys, but this still amounts to only about 0.25% of the population
The most effective management of diabetes mellitus demands an interprofessional approach involving both lifestyle modifications with diet ...
Lymphocytic hypophysitis is a rare pathology of the pituitary gland which presents with features of hypopituitarism due to inflammation of the pitu ...
Hysteroscopy was first performed on a patient in 1869 by Pantaleoni, who, using a cystoscope developed by Desormeaux, discovered and treated an end ...
Neonatal lupus erythematosus belongs to a group of medical conditions in which immunoglobulin G is transported across the placenta to the fetal cir ...
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone ADH release (SIADH) is a condition defined by the unsuppressed release of antidiuretic hormone ...
Pseudomyxoma peritonei (PMP) is a rare clinical entity, characterized by diffuse intra-abdominal gelatinous ascites, the so-called “jelly bel ...
Oligohydramnios is defined as decreased amniotic fluid volume (AFV) for gestational age. The volume of amniotic fluid changes over gestation, incre ...
Cystic teratoma is a type of germ cell tumor that contains well-differentiated tissues developed from three germ cell layers (ectoderm, mesoderm, a ...
In the simplest terms, therapeutic exercise involves movement prescribed to correct impairments, restore muscular and skeletal function and/or main ...
The hepatitis A virus (HAV) is a common infectious etiology of acute hepatitis worldwide. HAV is most commonly transmitted through the oral-fecal r ...
Prolactin-secreting tumors of the pituitary gland are called prolactinomas. It is the most common secretory tumors of the pituitary gland acco ...
Ectopic pregnancy is a diagnosis that is quite challenging to make. It has been estimated that 40% of ectopic pregnancies go undiagnosed on in ...
Coccyx pain is known by multiple synonyms, including coccydynia, coccygodynia, and tailbone pain.
Heba Mahdy MBBCH, DOWH, MRCPI MD Toronto ON
Frederick U Eruo MD, MPH Associate Professor Associate Program Director Beaumont Hospital Dearborn OBGYN Residency Program FACOG Dearborn MI
Earl M Brewster MBBS, MD Medical director Larkin Hospital FACOG, FAACS, FAAGL Oviedo FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required