Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Osteopathic Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology® and American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam.
We have 2,152 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,001 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls obstetrics and gynecology prep questions, obstetrics and gynecology review questions, and obstetrics and gynecology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Board Certification Examination . 1,013 authors and 30 editors have contributed to the development of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
The Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam is 225 questions.
What topics are covered on the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam?
Topics include: Gynecology: Abnormal uterine bleeding, Abortion, Anatomy, Breast disorders, Cervical cytology screening and management/cervical neoplasia, Contraception, Domestic violence/sexual abuse, Ectopic pregnancy, Health screening guidelines, Menopause management, Non-Contraceptive use of contraceptives, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Osteoporosis, Pelvic pain, Perioperative care, PMS/PMDD, Sexual dysfunction, Sexually transmitted infections, Urinary tract infection, Uterus and adnexal disorders, Vaginal disorders and Vulvar disorders: 30-43%; Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility: Breast disorders, Ectopic pregnancy, Endocrine disorders, Hormone production, Infertility, OMM/OPP, Osteoporosis, and Puberty: 7-11%; Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery: OMM/OPP and Urogynecology: 6-10%; Gynecologic Oncology: Anticancer drugs, chemotherapy and radiation, Disease process, Genomics, OMM/OPP, Operative complications, Staging, Uterus and adnexal disorders: 4-8%; Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine: Antepartum care, Antenatal fetal assessment, Intrapartum care and puerperium, Medical complications in pregnancy, Obstetrical complications, Obstetrical ultrasound, OMM/OPP, Preconceptual counseling and Psychiatric disorders: 34-38%
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam MCQs (2,152)
Our question bank for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 30 questions
- Cardiovascular - 123 questions
- Connective Tissue - 19 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 19 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 203 questions
- Eyes - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 119 questions
- Genetics - 65 questions
- Genitourinary - 228 questions
- Growth and Development - 97 questions
- Gynecologic - 908 questions
- Hematologic - 109 questions
- Infectious - 293 questions
- Integument - 109 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 88 questions
- Nervous - 159 questions
- Nutrition - 30 questions
- Obstetric - 1190 questions
- Oncologic - 292 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 49 questions
- Pulmonary - 48 questions
- Renal - 24 questions
- Surgery - 196 questions
- Toxicology - 55 questions
- Trauma - 57 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 21 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 17 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 98 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 185 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 37 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 787 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 27 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 927 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 5 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 6 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 5 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 988 questions
- Classification - 180 questions
- Differential - 873 questions
- Epidemiology - 90 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 475 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 528 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 160 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 7 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 284 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 601 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 98 questions
- History Physical - 2135 questions
- Legal - 8 questions
- Pathophysiology - 977 questions
- Patient Education - 190 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1180 questions
- Toxicology - 37 questions
- Treatment Medical - 815 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 12 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 11 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 326 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 17 questions
- Clinical Education - 18 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 131 questions
- Drug Information - 111 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 52 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 9 questions
Obstetrics and Gynecology Exam Articles (1,001)
Vaginal bleeding is a common complaint with a broad differential diagnosis. This article deals primarily with the general approach to vaginal bleed ...
The perimortem cesarean section, as described in its name, is the surgical delivery of the fetus, performed at or near death of the maternal patien ...
Eclampsia is a uniquely pregnancy-related disorder that manifests as a new onset of generalized tonic colonic seizures. It typically occurs after 2 ...
Cholelithiasis or gallstones are hardened deposits of digestive fluid that can form in your gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small organ located j ...
Historically, pregnancy was a very tenuous part of a woman's life because of the high mortality rate associated with gestation. In the early 1900s, ...
The average age of menopause is fifty-one years. Menopause occurs when the ovaries cease making estrogen, and the patient is no longer ovulatory. T ...
The ability to perform a thorough and accurate breast exam is an important skill for medical practitioners of many levels and specialties. A clinic ...
Endometrial ablation is a minimally invasive gynecologic surgical procedure designed to alleviate abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) in women who ...
Cytogenetic testing is the examination of chromosomes to determine chromosome abnormalities such as aneuploidy and structural abnormalities. A norm ...
CHARGE syndrome is a rare, autosomal dominant genetic disorder commonly diagnosed during the prenatal or neonatal period due to the identifica ...
Neuropraxia is the mildest form of traumatic peripheral nerve injury. It is characterized by focal segmental demyelination at the site of inju ...
Cystic teratoma is a type of germ cell tumor that contains well-differentiated tissues developed from three germ cell layers (ectoderm, mesoderm, a ...
Acute-onset polyarticular arthritis is the most common presentation of viral arthritis. The most common viruses causing arthritis and/or arthralgia ...
Leucovorin is a 5-formyl derivative of folic acid, used in biochemical reactions without having to undergo reduction. Leucovorin is FDA indica ...
Hemorrhagic disorder of the newborn is a bleeding disorder that manifests in the first few weeks of life after delivery. The term hemorrhagic disor ...
Heba Mahdy MBBCH, DOWH, MRCPI MD Toronto ON
Frederick U Eruo MD, MPH Associate Professor Associate Program Director Beaumont Hospital Dearborn OBGYN Residency Program FACOG Dearborn MI
Earl M Brewster MBBS, MD Medical director Larkin Hospital FACOG, FAACS, FAAGL Oviedo FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required