Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination. StatPearls questions and articles are linked directly to American Nurses Credentialing Center® content outlines. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination.
About the Question Bank
We have 150 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 45 PubMed indexed review articles related to the ANCC® Professional Development Nurse Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Professional Development Nurse subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls professional development nurse prep questions, professional development nurse review questions, and professional development nurse test questions will help you achieve a top score on the ANCC® Professional Development Nurse Examination . 42 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination Overview
How many hours is the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination?
The Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination is 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination?
The Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination is 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination?
Topics include: Education - 29%, Leadership - 14%, Communication - 13%, Ethical/Legal - 20%, Practice and Process Improvement - 9%, Technology - 7%, and Program and Project Management - 7%
Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination MCQs (150)
Our question bank for the Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 1 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 4 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 4 questions
- Integument - 1 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 4 questions
- Nervous - 3 questions
- Oncologic - 2 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 35 questions
- Pulmonary - 4 questions
- Surgery - 5 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Trauma - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 110 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 13 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 22 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 7 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 5 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 20 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 35 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 40 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 52 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 13 questions
- Causes - 3 questions
- Classification - 7 questions
- Epidemiology - 4 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 2 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 36 questions
- History Physical - 21 questions
- Legal - 41 questions
- Patient Education - 5 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 7 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 16 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 3 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 91 questions
- Clinical Education - 16 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 2 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 4 questions
Nursing Professional Development Certification Examination Articles (45)
Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) was primarily a suggestion of the Center for Health Services Research and Policy at the University o ...
The term empowerment surfaced in the 1920s but was not widely accepted in its use until the 1970s. Empowerment's prevailing ideology refers to incr ...
The Joint Commission (TJC) is an independent, not-for-profit organization created in 1951 that accredits more than 20,000 US health care programs a ...
In the United States, a patient may allege medical malpractice against a clinician, which is typically defined by the failure the provide the degre ...
Learning is the change in the behavior of an organism that is a result of prior experience. ...
Close to 6,800 prescription medications and countless over-the-counter drugs are available in the United States. To further complicate a practition ...
Medical ethics is a required element of American physicians' formal training. Familiarity with ethical principles on a basic level is ne ...
Work culture is an organizational management concept which deals with the attitudes, beliefs, and perceptions of employees relative to the principl ...
Abandonment is considered a breach of duty and is defined as unilateral termination of the physician-patient relationship without providi ...
Nurses are a critical part of healthcare and make up the largest section of the health profession. According to the World Health Statistics Report, ...
Every state and territory in the US set laws to govern the practice of nursing. These laws are defined in the Nursing Practice Act (NPA). The NPA i ...
Medical errors are a serious public health problem and a leading cause of death in the United States. It is challenging to uncover a consistent cau ...
Evidence-based medicine (EBM) uses the scientific method to organize and apply current data to improve healthcare decisions. Th ...
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA; Kennedy–Kassebaum Act, or Kassebaum–Kennedy Act) consists of 5 ...
Patient Self Determination Act (PDSA) was an amendment proposed in 1990 and functions to amend titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act ...
Barbara A Brunt AAS, BA, MA, MN Education Consultant Brunt Consulting Services FABC (Fellow Advisory Board Company) Akron OH
Diana L Swihart PhD, DMin, MSN, APN CS, BSN, ADN, FAAN Chief Exec Officer, Managing Partner The University of New Mexico Nursing Professional Development (NPD) RN-BC, American Academy of Nursing (AAN) FAAN Lakeland FL
Become a better professional with answer explanations and articles that enable you to master the material.
Test Exams & Unlimited Quizzes
Assess where your strong and generate practice questions where you are weak.
Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Actionable information on where to improve.
No credit card required